• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

DaBoss

I'd say Samurott is a pretty good starter unlike Emboar and Serperior because it can learn multiple type moves, has good offenses, and isn't limited to shit like Ember/Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Samurott is definitely better than Emboar, but I don't know about Serperior. It was the first time I felt a Grass starter is a very good choice as a starter Pokemon.

Most of my hate towards Samurott comes from Dewott -> Samurott change. Disappointed me greatly. =/

entremet

So I'm up the E4 in Pokemon Platinum. I must admit, I'm really liking this game. Yes, it's slow compared to Gen V, but it's pretty fun. I love Cyrus as a baddie and Cynthia is awesome. Plus awesome legendaries--Giratina is amazing.

This is my current team. I try to do as much native Pokedex as possible in first playthrough.

Infernape
Luxray
Gastrodon
Staraptor
Roserade
Absol--My only exception. I thought about a Sneasel/Weaville but I need a Sucker Puncher with STAB.

What's the best place to grind? I miss Gen V in this regard.

Samurott is definitely better than Emboar, but I don't know about Serperior. It was the first time I felt a Grass starter is a very good choice as a starter Pokemon.

Venusaur is actually the best Grass starter competitively, followed by Sceptile. Then Serperior, and Meganium and Torterra are never used. Venusaur towers over all the others.

Venasaur mainly has Chlorophyll, though. Its stats aren't that really fantastic, though that's standard among the original starters.

Samurott's moveset for when you're just going through the game is good, though. Haven't had a starter who naturally learns a variety of attacks like it does.

Ahhh. Yes. Using an intermediary mon to be able to pick the stats from one of my dittos is definitely the way to go. Im going to PA for the weekend but when I get back, can we trade if I need to? Youre the best, thanks for the help.

Sure and no problem. I just checked Nidoran's egg group. I have a Girafarig with max sp.atk/speed if you want it, then it should just be a matter of breeding it with the Dream World Nidoran until you get the one you want. Perhaps once you're done you could trade me a DW ability female Nidoran? Doesn't need max stats or anything, just the ability. I evolved mine without realising Nidorina is in no egg group >_<.

MikeMyers

Maybe they'll even remove a type. "All Fighting Pokemon were struck by an epidemic virus and died. The Fighting type is now extinct."

hLn3mMe.jpg

OH HELL YES!

Hey all!

I am playing through SoulSilver for my first time and I was wondering if this was the place to ask for some help. Gengar is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I have no friends that are into this game to help me evolve it. Can someone here help me out with a quick trade and trade back when the time comes? (All I have now is a lvl 12 Cyndaquil).

Also, any recommendations on some beastly Pokemon in this generation? Thanks all! Can't freaking wait to here what is said at E3

MikeMyers

Hey all!

I am playing through SoulSilver for my first time and I was wondering if this was the place to ask for some help. Gengar is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I have no friends that are into this game to help me evolve it. Can someone here help me out with a quick trade and trade back when the time comes? (All I have now is a lvl 12 Cyndaquil).

Also, any recommendations on some beastly Pokemon in this generation? Thanks all! Can't freaking wait to here what is said at E3

Red Gyarados. Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Return/Taunt.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Most of my hate towards Samurott comes from Dewott -> Samurott change. Disappointed me greatly. =/

Venusaur is actually the best Grass starter competitively, followed by Sceptile. Then Serperior, and Meganium and Torterra are never used. Venusaur towers over all the others.

I was talking about in-game. Serperior has a very limited moveset.

Competitively none of them would be used without their dreamworld, and contrary serperior has yet to be released.

MikeMyers

In-game Bulbasaur is pretty good in RBY.

-Razor Leaf always Crits
-Grass+Body Slam cover everything but Gengar
-Advantage over early Gym leaders.

Then the remake came and nerfed Razor Leaf, no strong Normal move until later, etc. :/

Macka

By the way, nice avatar, Macka. Kabutops had another pretty cool TCG artwork.
Haha, you complimented my previous avatar the last time I saw you in here too. I'll need to continue the streak of Kokonoe-approved avatars .p Anyway, I hadn't seen that card before, it's pretty awesome. Kabutops tends to have badass tcg art, and the one in my avatar is probably my favourite card ever.

Question: do you think Gamefreak could possibly review the base stats for all the Pokemon for X&Y and make changes where necessary? As the generations have gone on, the new Pokemon have been increasingly powerful. The Kanto Pokemon in particular could do with a tweaking.

Haha, you complimented my previous avatar the last time I saw you in here too. I'll need to continue the streak of Kokonoe-approved avatars .p Anyway, I hadn't seen that card before, it's pretty awesome. Kabutops tends to have badass tcg art, and the one in my avatar is probably my favourite card ever.

I wish my avatar was Kokonoe-approved. That stuff's resumé-worthy.

Also, am I the only one her who's hyped about the possibility of seeing more Helioptile at E3? I want to know exactly where and when you can catch him so he can be mine as soon as possible.

971467_576182329081133_1792262995_n.png

Boss Doggie

Also why does US pronounce Virizion's second I as a long vowel? It should sound like viridian much like the Japanese name.

Kokonoe

Banned
Messing around with SNES stuff.

Pokemon Gold & Silver Trainer Battle - MMX Arrangement

That's because Venusaur is the best.

Question: do you think Gamefreak could possibly review the base stats for all the Pokemon for X&Y and make changes where necessary? As the generations have gone on, the new Pokemon have been increasingly powerful. The Kanto Pokemon in particular could do with a tweaking.

You can do it, if you believe in the heart...and the soul....

I've noticed. Actually, his first card was Ken Sugimori's official art.

I wish my avatar was Kokonoe-approved. That stuff's resumé-worthy.

Also, am I the only one her who's hyped about the possibility of seeing more Helioptile at E3? I want to know exactly where and when you can catch him so he can be mine as soon as possible.

971467_576182329081133_1792262995_n.png

I did like that classic styled Scrafty you had once.

I saw this on Tumblr, and I thought MikeMyers might like it.

Bps3tJd.png

I like how you can pretty much fuse any Pokemon sprite and it'll work some how.

Boss Doggie

Yeah, Venusaur has the best. Only real con of it is that you need to have Ninetales for auto-sun, and well, LOL Ninetales. That and sun buffs fire types, but then you should have a bunch of anti-fire stuff ready.

So the phone company is pronounced similar to viridian, so they had to change the name pronunciation to prevent infringement?

Top Bottom