• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I was talking about in-game. Serperior has a very limited moveset.

This is no longer true as of B2/W2. It is one of the most improved Pokemon from B1/W1 to the sequels because of the move tutors. I used one in my W2 playthrough and it has more than wide enough coverage now. It's still one of my weakest team members because its attacks stats are so poor, but still. It definitely has sufficient coverage.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This is no longer true as of B2/W2. It is one of the most improved Pokemon from B1/W1 to the sequels because of the move tutors. I used one in my W2 playthrough and it has more than wide enough coverage now. It's still one of my weakest team members because its attacks stats are so poor, but still. It definitely has sufficient coverage.

I dunno, it needs to use up one turn for Coil to be effective, and have to wait for a while for that Draco Meteor/Leaf Storm.

BB/VW teaches us that it would be OU, but not Uber or anything. Dragon/Grass is actually a pretty bad typing, about equal or slightly worse than pure Grass in terms of weaknesses, resistances etc.

Goes to show you how type-centric the games are when you take into account a lot of things.

I kind of like PMD mechanics if only because types are less important there - it's like the type effectiveness scale got compressed.

DaBoss

Venusaur is actually the best Grass starter competitively, followed by Sceptile. Then Serperior, and Meganium and Torterra are never used. Venusaur towers over all the others.

Did not know that, but that is due to me not really caring about grass type starters.

I was talking about in-game. Serperior has a very limited moveset.

Competitively none of them would be used without their dreamworld, and contrary serperior has yet to be released.

That's true.

Anyway, T-minus four days until Pokégeddon. I'll prepare the next PokéBOMB thread (any suggestions for titles?).

PokéBOMB V: At E3 - The Final Frontier

Aggrotek

Aggrotek/MikeMyers

ron-paul.gif

PokéBOMB V: Nintendo used Explosion!

I feel like playing through at least 1 game from each generation up until XY come out.

Here's what I'm gonna do:

- Red (Squirtle)
- Crystal (Totodile)
- Emerald (Torchic)
- LeafGreen (Charmander)
- Platinum (Chimchar)
- SoulSilver (Cyndaquil)
- White (Oshawott)
- White 2 (Tepig)

Wish me luck, kids.

Stage On

Best part of E3 will be the sales. Since Pokemon X and Y will be featured I might be able to get them for only $30 instead of $40.

Kokonoe

Banned
^ Heatraaaaaan

dzpit71.png

Which one was that again? The TCG one, or the grainy-ish one?

Anyway, T-minus four days until Pokégeddon. I'll prepare the next PokéBOMB thread (any suggestions for titles?).

Hm...it kind of looked like classic Ken Sugimori's art, it had practically the full body in the avatar. I couldn't find it on google, though.

entremet

Serperior doesn't learn Draco Meteor sadly, so it's a bit of a moot point. Maybe they can release a special event one with it.

That's right. Forgot it was a dragon type only move.

I feel like playing through at least 1 game from each generation up until XY come out.

Here's what I'm gonna do:

- Red (Bulbasaur)
- Crystal (Totodile)
- Emerald (Torchic)
- LeafGreen (Charmander)
- Platinum (Chimchar)
- SoulSilver (Cyndaquil)
- White (Oshawott)
- White 2 (Tepig)

Wish me luck, kids.

Wow! You're hardcore. Originals and remakes?!

I'm kinda doing the same thing.

Just finished Platinum. Lovely game although hard to play with animations on. Too slow after Gen V.

Emerald is next and then Leaf Green.

Firestorm

Best part of E3 will be the sales. Since Pokemon X and Y will be featured I might be able to get them for only $30 instead of $40.
I delete my Best Buy emails basically on sight at this point so couldn't remember if I still had Smash 3DS pre-ordered from E3 2011...

wRsDNb0.png

Yep. Still do.

Top Bottom