• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

backlot

pokemon-smash-new-pokudb73.gif

shadow seems to indicate a tail or appendage of some sort

I know which appendage I'm hoping for.

I usually have lame Animal Crossing towns, but this time I'm going to modify the floor titles with Johto sprites and I'm going to make my town Johto. I honestly can't wait to play this game, seems like this'll be fun.

Neat! Be sure to post pictures once you're done!

This song you posted is pretty soothing.

It's my favourite violin piece. I love the faces Perlman and Ma make when they get really into it :)

That's the sign of a musician who truly loves the music they play.

I would Guest Star again, its a lot of fun, but I don't wanna curse anyone else on his team.

We should team up for a guest episode and double-curse him :O

No one shall he left alive!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm...

Have you ever wondered why they're putting Helioptile behind something?
Helioptile has already been shown on Pokemon Smash, so they wouldn't put a question mark over it as if it's till secret anymore.

But they were revealing the 4 as "new characters" in Smash each week.

EDIT: Hmm but they never hid them in ??? it seems. So yeah, I am wrong. hahahah!

JoeM86

What time is Pokemon Direct?

There is no Pokémon Direct.

There's a closed roundtable at E3 dedicated to Pokémon X & Y, however It starts at 6pm Pacific time on Tuesday 11th. No videos or photos are allowed to be taken. I don't believe liveblogging is allowed either.

Kokonoe

Banned
There is no Pokémon Direct.

There's a closed roundtable at E3 dedicated to Pokémon X & Y, however It starts at 6pm Pacific time on Tuesday 11th. No videos or photos are allowed to be taken. I don't believe liveblogging is allowed either.

Boo this. Oh well, e3 is all about Smash, anyways!

Thanks for the info.

JoeM86

Thunk a battle mode that throws old stuff away? I kid, I kid, but... I'm ready for any curveballs.

How about making Evasion a full on stat that we HAVE to use/accept so Smogon can't just ban it outright.

That'd change everything forever, and I'd love it :p

I do find it a bit ridiculous that Evasion so often gets ignored and banned. It's as valid a "stat" as accuracy and I'd love them to do something to sort out the disrespect Evasion receives.

Wichu

How about making Evasion a full on stat that we HAVE to use/accept so Smogon can't just ban it outright.

I do find it a bit ridiculous that Evasion so often gets ignored and banned. It's as valid a "stat" as accuracy and I'd love them to do something to sort out the disrespect Evasion receives.

As much as I want to agree with this, it makes battles a luckfest. When you can sit behind a Substitute forever because none of the opponent's attacks can hit you, battles aren't fun any more. I bypass the evasion clause all the time with Acupressure Drapion (and in the past, a team of six Moody Bidoofs), and if that gets even a single evasion boost, it becomes annoying and tedious to get rid of for my opponent. Now imagine if it could use Minimize.

You'll be happy to know that Smogon tested Evasion in Ubers.

Turns out it's shit.

JoeM86

You'll be happy to know that Smogon tested Evasion in Ubers.

Turns out it's shit.

I'm still amused that Smogon banned Evasion completely, except for Sand Veil as that would have meant they'd have to have banned Garchomp (pre Gen 5).

Fan made tiers always make me smile.

The only two moves that aren't are Sky Drop, due to the Gen V glitch (which will be fixed in XY and the move returns to usability), and Dark Void...for some reason
You're putting two Pokémon to sleep at once in a predominantly doubles metagame.

That and the move comes from an event-only Pokémon.

Refyref

Of course

The only two moves that aren't are Sky Drop, due to the Gen V glitch (which will be fixed in XY and the move returns to usability), and Dark Void...for some reason

Why would Dark Void be banned?

EDIT:
You're putting two Pokémon to sleep at once in a predominantly doubles metagame.

That and the move comes from an event-only Pokémon.

The former is the likely reason, I guess.
The latter never stopped them.

How come there's no Pokebomb thread for the reveal?

For the Smash reveal? One will probably be up closer to when Smash actually airs.

Of course

Hmm...

To be honest, battlers should just accept that luck is always a factor in actual fights. Most moves have a critical hit chance, so...

Also, I'd like to see accuracy not being in percentage terms, but instead of being used in tandem with the Polémom's base accuracy as a new stat. Moves would be rated from "not accurate" to "excellent" wig a separate category for 100% hit moves.

Sounds like PMD, though.

Neo Child

Banned
Sigilyph with Solar Beam & Sky Drop

Equipped with that power leaf (that allows use of 2 shot moves in 1 hit)

Accidently used it in regular battle. Item gone forever. Fuck.

I was trying to equip for use in the Battle Subway, that way the Power Herb wont dissapear, right?? Only if its used in the Battle Facilities.

JoeM86

Technically this is news :p

I mean, we usually have a "reveal/incoming" news then someone makes a Pokebomb thread.

I'll make it with the "Battle Changes" news if you want, but I don't think the mods will take too kindly on it yet. Until Tuesday, it'll just really be another Community thread

Top Bottom