• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I think I'm going to get Pokémon Y the old-school way. Cards and all that. Probably more expensive, but more persistent. (I wouldn't want to lose save data because I formatted an SD card and didn't backup anything.)

zroid

Banned
Hoping some of the communication features are revealed tomorrow. That's definitely the sort of thing you want to get out in the open early, I feel, since it gives people time to talk about how they'll interact with each other when the games are finally released. It's a big excitement builder, potentially.

PK Gaming

Yeah, the eps I just watched were S2-S3. Most recent one was where the Kim and Shengo get a device put on them that give them mutual emotions.

Good choice, season 1 is reaaaally dated.

And yeah, that episode (Emotion Sickness) is usually regarded as one of the best episodes in the series (its in my top 10).

Uuuuh... in other more relevant news, my new favorite Pokemon is Thundurus-T.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I am so hyped at Pokemon E3 news that I drew Houndoom.

Of course, people who know me know what the pic is!

Bout to get some sleep but I hope someone ask about this character customization at the round table. Hopefully they reveal that you can pick hair styles and faces/ skin colors/ hair colors that weren't shown in the mag.

Hopefully :/

Kokonoe

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHA FAIRY TYPE HAHAHAAAAAAA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!! OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Macka

Yes! Gardevoir has been changed to Psychic/Fairy after all. So much awesomeness.

Noivern the evolution of Swoobat?

Noivern hint at ANOTHER type? Noise + Wyvern.

PS_GUY

Yes! Gardevoir has been changed to Psychic/Fairy after all. So much awesomeness.

Noivern the evolution of Swoobat?

Noivern hint at ANOTHER type? Noise + Wyvern.

Noivern has been confirmed as Flying/Dragon on the official Pokemon website...

Sorry, but I think Echo/Sound type is fake.

Macka

Gallade would still be Psychic/Fighting.

Marill is a weird choice to gain the Fairy type imo, and Azumarill looks the part even less.

Love Vivillion and Noivern. Vivillion is so damn cute!

789shadow

Banned
zOQaMcI.gif

PK Gaming

Can't fuck with Swords Danced ExtremeSpeed!

Actually it can
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza ExtremeSpeed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Azumarill: 209-247 (51.73 - 61.13%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

teehee

Water for best type.

Why is Fairy strong against Dark, though? Dark is still far too specialized offensively, now defensively it gets wrecked by Fighting, Bug, AND Marill?

As if dark needed ANOTHER weakness.

-_-

MikeMyers

Actually it can

teehee

As if dark needed ANOTHER weakness.

-_-

You bastard....I didn't factor in using a bulky spread for Azumarill.

Out of the OU Dragons, Kyurem-B probably will care the least about Azumarill, due to its massive Attack and Fusion Bolt. Hydregion will probably be the most shit scared if Dark/Dragon is 4x weak to Fairy.

I actually don't think that Dark is weak to Fairy since Hydreigon survived a powerful-looking Fariy-type move in the trailer with yellow HP. If it were truly quad effective it most likely would have down him unless Sylveon's just got really sucky Sp. Attack.

I actually don't think that Dark is weak to Fairy since Hydreigon survived a powerful-looking Fariy-type move in the trailer with yellow HP. If it were truly quad effective it most likely would have down him unless Sylveon's just got really sucky Sp. Attack.

Hmm, I'd hope so, or we'd have a problem in our hands.

zroid

Banned
Hoping some of the communication features are revealed tomorrow. That's definitely the sort of thing you want to get out in the open early, I feel, since it gives people time to talk about how they'll interact with each other when the games are finally released. It's a big excitement builder, potentially.

vindicated, bitches

MikeMyers

I dunno, can't Glaceon surf?

Nope, doesn't learn it.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Glaceon Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Flareon: 170-202 (50.89 - 60.47%) -- 89.06% chance to 2HKO

0 SpA Flareon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Glaceon: 302-356 (90.41 - 106.58%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

or the inverse:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Flareon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Glaceon: 452-534 (135.32 - 159.88%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 SpA Glaceon Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Flareon: 116-138 (42.8 - 50.92%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Presumably they're bonuses independent from stats and are disabled during competitive setups

Sort of like gym badge boosts?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Badge#Stat_boost

In Generations I-III, some Badges boost a certain stat or stats of the player's Pokémon. This boost is applied only in internal battles, not link battles. In Generation I and II, the stat or stats are multiplied by 9/8. In Generation II, if the attack is a critical hit and the attacker's used offensive stat stage is less than or equal to the opponent's defensive stat stage, all Badge boosts are ignored. In Generation III, the stat or stats are multiplied by 1.1. This boost does not exist in Generation IV onwards.

Top Bottom