• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Technically this is news :p

I mean, we usually have a "reveal/incoming" news then someone makes a Pokebomb thread.

We already had the thread when the Roundtable was announced. Smash is unlikely to bring actually new information.

EDIT: I see you've made the thread. I'm mindful of the rules about questioning the making of threads, so I've avoided it, but that really, really didn't justify a thread of its own. How long have you been following Pokémon news by this point? You know how this works.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We already had the thread when the Roundtable was announced. Smash is unlikely to bring actually new information.

EDIT: I see you've made the thread. I'm mindful of the rules about questioning the making of threads, so I've avoided it, but that really, really didn't justify a thread of its own. How long have you been following Pokémon news by this point? You know how this works.

But like I said, it's been always like that. I remember having various pre-PokeBomb threads like that announcement of Sylveon, which then creates another thread when Sylveon is revealed.

But like I said, it's been always like that. I remember having various pre-PokeBomb threads like that announcement of Sylveon, which then creates another thread when Sylveon is revealed.

I wasn't in favour of making two different threads for Sylveon, either.

Regardless, at least we had a silhouette and a decent idea of what Sylveon might have been, as well as a confirmation that a Pokémon was going to be shown that month. We haven't got that for your thread; we have a question mark, and the incredibly obvious knowledge that at least one Pokémon is going to be revealed over the next week. Shocking stuff.

Is it really so difficult to wait until we actually have news? I know you start whinging if we go two days without information, but seriously. We have actual stuff to be making threads about later this week, not with this announcement of a really obvious announcement clogging.

Boss Doggie

I wasn't in favour of making two different threads for Sylveon, either.

Regardless, at least we had a silhouette and a decent idea of what Sylveon might have been, as well as a confirmation that a Pokémon was going to be shown that month. We haven't got that for your thread; we have a question mark, and the incredibly obvious knowledge that at least one Pokémon is going to be revealed over the next week. Shocking stuff.

Is it really so difficult to wait until we actually have news? I know you start whinging if we go two days without information, but seriously. We have actual stuff to be making threads about later this week, not with this announcement of a really obvious announcement clogging.

It still has people informed that something is coming out at least. It's not just Pokemon really - you have stuff like Sakurai saying a trailer even though it's been hinted awhile ago, among other things. It's obvious but at least it makes other posters who aren't aware on stuff like this aware.

And I don't really whine at all - it's mostly playful posting. You on the other hand need to take a chill pill it seems - I feel like I'm getting on your nerves quite often lol

It still has people informed that something is coming out at least.
Why in the world does that matter?

It's not like this is something that needs hyping up. When the Pokémon is revealed on Tuesday, or Wednesday, or whatever, people will see the thread and comment on it. Having a thread with no content in a few days beforehand will do nothing to change that.

The thread's not even accurate, in any case. You say that Smash will reveal a new Pokémon, but a decade of precedent tell us that they will do nothing of the sort.

It's not just Pokemon really - you have stuff like Sakurai saying a trailer even though it's been hinted awhile ago, among other things. It's obvious but at least it makes other posters who aren't aware on stuff like this aware.
Sakurai tweeted about a trailer that would reveal his game and put significant info out there for the first time. You made a thread hyping up what's going to be this Pokémon's third revealing. Do you not see the difference?

It's disingenuous, too. Every week, we see people moaning that Smash isn't revealing new stuff- hyping the next one up isn't going to help with that.

And I don't really whine at all - it's mostly playful posting. You on the other hand need to take a chill pill it seems - I feel like I'm getting on your nerves quite often lol

I'm good, thanks. Your impatience really doesn't affect me that much.

People have a negative view of us as a group. It's an undeniable fact. Spamming pointless, misleading threads with no real content in them will not help that.

Boss Doggie

It's mostly that it's off-set by earlier leaks rather than Smash not revealing anything. I mean, if we didn't know about Newtwo from a treat bag we would actually see Newtwo from Smash first. The fact they mentioned about it and Matsuda would be in it implies that it will be at least the one we will learn from the roundtable.

And like I said, Smash has finished doing its "reveal" of the four. Unless they're batshit insane that they want to redo Helioptile again, especially with Matsuda, they're really showing something new (relatively - it assumes E3 news won't come out and Coro won't get leaked earlier than usual).

The substantial info Sakurai mentioned is that he'll have a press/interview in E3. The trailer is something we have known since previous directs have referred to it repeatedly.

And said people tend to be negative to anything outside of their own personal circles. It's nothing new, and if anything we rarely see Pokemon threads in Gaming at all.

I don't see why it doesn't warrant a new thread. Pokemon Smash teases a new Pokemon. That itself is news isn't it?

This is what I was going for. It's not something new and stuff like this has happened before. Announcement of announcements have been common.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, so Pokemon Smash is not revealing a new Pokemon?

Like last time, Smash will be showing what CoroCoro reveals (and the english site and probably E3)

We'll probably get a new Pokemon (I'd expect one each month from now on at the least), of course, but by the time Smash airs we'll know about it.

It's mostly that it's off-set by earlier leaks rather than Smash not revealing anything. I mean, if we didn't know about Newtwo from a treat bag we would actually see Newtwo from Smash first. The fact they mentioned about it and Matsuda would be in it implies that it will be at least the one we will learn from the roundtable.
Nope, once more CoroCoro will have come out by Smash...even officially, it comes out the 15th, Smash airs the 16th.

Probably not, since it'll most likely be shown at E3 and in CoroCoro first.

Now, here's a pressing matter: in the event in which I am unable to fulfill my duty of making the next PokéBOMB thread, who is willing to do it and ensure E3: The Final Frontier becomes a reality?

DaBoss

Like last time, Smash will be showing what CoroCoro reveals (and the english site and probably E3)

We'll probably get a new Pokemon (I'd expect one each month from now on at the least), of course, but by the time Smash airs we'll know about it.

Now, here's a pressing matter: in the event in which I am unable to fulfill my duty of making the next PokéBOMB thread, who is willing to do it and ensure E3: The Final Frontier becomes a reality?

OK, since that is the case, then the OP in the thread could just have a disclaimer or something saying that said new Pokemon may be revealed through CoroCoro or E3. There would be no harm done at all from saying that or having a thread based on what Pokemon Smash teased.

Refyref

Scrafty, your new avatar is horrifying.

If Pokemon is shown at E3, that would be about the second time a mainline game was featured at E3.

If Pokemon is shown at E3, that would be about the second time a mainline game was featured at E3.

That's Reggie for you.

YOUDONTBELONG.jpg

When was the first? I know that none of the main pairs of a generation have ever been properly at E3 before.

I'm not sure that we're getting demos, though. Even the Japanese demos for Black and White only came out a month before those games launched.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a demo, but I get the feeling info's going to be limited to the roundtable and to the inevitable 3DS Direct.

Refyref

That's Reggie for you.

YOUDONTBELONG.jpg

I had no idea it was Reggie until you said it.

When was the first? I know that none of the main pairs of a generation have ever been properly at E3 before.

I'm not sure that we're getting demos, though. Even the Japanese demos for Black and White only came out a month before those games launched.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a demo, but I get the feeling info's going to be limited to the roundtable and to the inevitable 3DS Direct.

I thought D/P were shown at E3, looking again, it seems I was wrong.

JoeM86

Relatively speaking, yes.

The Pokémon it's showing, clearly stated as "New Pokémon" in the preview, are new to us now, but by the time Pokémon Smash airs, they will not be new to us

Boss Doggie

Wait, that was Reggie?

Nope, once more CoroCoro will have come out by Smash...even officially, it comes out the 15th, Smash airs the 16th.

Hmm... I don't recall much of the Coro then, maybe it was movie focused.

Then again it's probably the time where we saw the 3D model first.

JoeM86

Hmm... I don't recall much of the Coro then, maybe it was movie focused.

Then again it's probably the time where we saw the 3D model first.

If you're referring to Awakened Mewtwo

Leak: Wednesday April 3rd
Pokémon Smash Reveal & Press Release: Saturday April 6th
CoroCoro Leak: Saturday April 13th
Actual CoroCoro Release: Monday April 15th

I'll take it on, if possible.

Boss Doggie

If you're referring to Awakened Mewtwo

Leak: Wednesday April 3rd
Pokémon Smash Reveal & Press Release: Saturday April 6th
CoroCoro Leak: Saturday April 13th
Actual CoroCoro Release: Monday April 15th

Ahh so that was it then.

Neat. A possible new Pokémon in the following week. Do you expect Gamefreak to try and make another Lucario-esque Pokémon? Or was Lucario just a one-off wonder?

Boss Doggie

Well, that's not really true, since there are other legendaries with movies :p

Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get more than Sylveon and Newtwo for Gen VI tease. Then again, Zoroark film only showed Zorua, Zoroark, and Woobat.

entremet

Smogon is weird to me. It's this autonomous body that makes up arbitrary rules it seems. I know they're dedicated, and they have a lot of good info, but having their way or the highway approach is weird to me.

Smogon seems like a really insular community. I've never even seen the forums, but reading the entries it seems like the Pokemon equivalent of Shoryuken. Lots of good info from people who like to talk down to everybody in sight.

I get banning Double Team though, because it basically reduces the fight to pure luck.

Smogon is weird to me. It's this autonomous body that makes up arbitrary rules it seems. I know they're dedicated, and they have a lot of good info, but having their way or the highway approach is weird to me.

They're awful at banning anything outside of Ubers, though. None of their bans made any sense whatsoever, except maybe Garchomp.

Top Bottom