• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

tumblr_m8zkl2U3gn1rpza0oo1_1280.jpg

Kokonoe

Banned
To be honest, when I first saw the games, I saw Zekrom and I said to myself "I'm getting Black Version". I then saw it was for White, and it almost made me get White, but it still couldn't stop my desire for getting the specific color/shade of gray I like.

Pfft, who uses legendaries.

The legends have one single purpose, to be hoarded in my LEGEND BOX (or boxes), it's like a zoo of captive mythical beasts.
Since this is clearly the main use of legends Game Freak should add a feature where you can display a pokemon box in actual zoo like fashion to npcs and the quality of the pokemon within nets you money each day, a legend filled box will fetch me a pretty penny.

backlot

The legends have one single purpose, to be hoarded in my LEGEND BOX (or boxes), it's like a zoo of captive mythical beasts.
Since this is clearly the main use of legends Game Freak should add a feature where you can display a pokemon box in actual zoo like fashion to npcs and the quality of the pokemon within nets you money each day, a legend filled box will fetch me a pretty penny.

You ran a Safari Zone in HG/SS so why not a zoo? Decorating it and stuff and choosing which Pokemon to display would be pretty cool.

...Black's still better!

I actually have no idea why I picked Black. Never looked at the version exclusives, all I knew was it had Reshiram (eh) and a city with respawning trainers (yes please).

Stage On

Oh man I love your style. I hoard the Legends the same way and I've love a feature like that to show them off

You ran a Safari Zone in HG/SS so why not a zoo? Decorating it and stuff and choosing which Pokemon to display would be pretty cool.
It was fair game in Gen 1 Fuchsia City, back in the day I got a kick out of adding the rare pokemon pages to the dex even if they lacked the info
On this note you could display the Zoo to other players and they can get the pokemon viewed in their pokedex this way as well.

HG/SS Safari Zone was the absolute fucking worst. I hope somebody got fired for that blunder.
I went in there once and never returned, I just want Gen 1 style Safari Zone.

Oh man I love your style. I hoard the Legends the same way and I've love a feature like that to show them off
They certainly need something, i'm wondering why i've even caught all these legends at this point.

Stage On

They certainly need something, i'm wondering why i've even caught all these legends at this point.

Because gotta catch eh all, plus it feels amazing to basically conquer gods.

I don't like using my Master ball either since it takes the fun out of capturing them. I only used it for the roaming legendary in white since I couldn't be aresed to chase after it.

Because gotta catch eh all, plus it feels amazing to basically conquer gods.

I don't like using my Master ball either since it takes the fun out of capturing them. I only used it for the roaming legendary in white since I couldn't be aresed to chase after it.

This is true, actually i've ended up stockpiling masterballs over previous playthroughs, I think I used one on Heart Gold Entei for the first time in like a decade.

FSLink

Banned
Honestly Black is better just for the possibility of having more trainer battles due to Black City. Version exclusives doesn't matter because of online trading existing.

I do like White's (and White 2's) exclusives better though.

Soma

I ended up getting Black version the other day.

The only thing is I'm missing out on Reuniclus :(

Other than that I'm pretty happy with it so far.

HG/SS Safari Zone was great. I don't know what your problem is.

HG/SS safari zone is beyond great. It's the best part of an amazing remake.

Building a Safari Zone isn't why I went there in the past. I went there to catch rare pokemon. Then on top of that, you have to wait several days in real-time in order to get anything worthwhile. And that's if you didn't fuck up while building in your shitty square. If you did? Welp, time to wait some more!

Gen 3 did the Safari Zone right. One of the few praises I will give it.

Stage On

This is true, actually i've ended up stockpiling masterballs over previous playthroughs, I think I used one on Heart Gold Entei for the first time in like a decade.

Catching Mewtwo with out using a Master ball is just such an epic struggle. You really feel like you've earned him after that.

Kokonoe

Banned
The only legendaries I wouldn't use would be the "genies", Shaymin Sky Form, and Keldeo first form(second form I will). I also don't really like Manaphy, but I still use it since it looks like a Chao.

Top Bottom