• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Gravijah

The only legendaries I wouldn't use would be the "genies", Shaymin Sky Form, and Keldeo first form(second form I will). I also don't really like Manaphy, but I still use it since it looks like a Chao.

what about the alternate formes of the Kami trio?

what about the alternate formes of the Kami trio?

I refuse to use Therian Forme Tornadus because it's just inappropriate.

tornadus.png

Seriously, could they have chosen worse spots for those markings?

Gravijah

the thing about the alternate formes is that they are so silly that it makes them... endearing.

edit: also, i don't want to hear anyone complain about the Safari Zone. i lost a shiny Miltank in the Safari Zone and i'm not complaining!

Kokonoe

Banned
Were people mentioning Miltank being powerful earlier? Because it's rather weak when I look up how it is in the competitive scene. Why would an evolution be "broken"?

Boney

Banned
Were people mentioning Miltank being powerful earlier? Because it's rather weak when I look up how it is in the competitive scene. Why would an evolution be "broken"?

everyone growing up cried themselves to sleep while unable to beat whitney's miltank

dat rollout

MikeMyers

but you weren't even born yet!

and if you started with chikorita you already saw worse with the stupid scyther. No one used chikorita though

I was 7 when the game came out in Europe.

And yes, fuck that Scyther. I had a Geodude to take that bastard out.

I think besides me, IIRC, Man God and Wiseblade picked Chikorita.

MikeMyers

no one at age 7 used moves like reflect stop lying to me

I would always just use the 4 moves most recently learned through level-up and replace the older ones, the only one that I didnt replace was Razor Leaf so I could always have a Grass move.

Stage On

I would always just use the 4 moves most recently learned through level-up and replace the older ones, the only one that I didnt replace was Razor Leaf so I could always have a Grass move.

Well at least you weren't stacking multiple moves of the same time.

I knew too many kids who would have a moveset like Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder ext for Pikachu. Or Ember, Flamethrower and Fireblast on Charizard.

No Sky Uppercut? I remember thinking that was the coolest move ever.

That was before I got into Street Fighter, so I didn't see the novelty of including Shoryuken in his moveset.

I think my motivation at the time was to make him an awesome kung-fu master, hence the three kicking/punching attacks. Return was actually Brick Break (maximum redundancy, yay!), but I had to change it in order to beat Drake.

MikeMyers

BubbleBeam animation was scary as fuck, I remember Misty was the reason why I restarted the game and chose Bulbasaur instead of Charmander.

Boney

Banned
going from sf2t, to alpha2-3 to ex2+alpha (just look at the fucking name!) was so depressing

thankfully marvel vs streetfighter kept hope alive

Top Bottom