• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
3kfPF.gif

2nd Gen Psychic is real move that hurts your eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaEoflHXdU

Poor Sentret.

Kokonoe

Banned

Anth0ny

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm actually a little excited, I now have the urge to find someone that has a Shiny Ditto with Imposter. Or is that even possible? Maybe with breeding..

-edit-

Thank you Japanese players, I now have a Gigalith.

PK Gaming

Yeah imposter Ditto is awesome.

Here are some TRU FACTS:

Ditto copies its targets stats down to a T.

If Haxorus has 432 Atk & 285 speed Ditto will have 432 Atk & 285 Speed regardless of its stats (regardless of Ditto's IVs).

• The exception to this is its HP stat, which stays the same(Ditto invests in max HP so its HP stat is decent.
  • Ditto does not copy Hidden Power Values. So it's best to modify its HP values to give it HP Ice or Fire, depending on the Pokemon you want it to check.
  • Ditto copies stat boosts. If Haxorus Swords Dances, and Ditto switches in Ditto will have +2 attack.
  • This means thaat Ditto will always be able to revenge kill a Pokemon if it's using a choice scarf vs a non-choice scarf Pokemon. Back to Haxorus again, if Haxorus is at +1 speed due to Dragon Dance, Ditto will outspeed because of its +1 boost AND Choice Scarf.
  • Ditto's imposter fails against an opposing Ditto or a Transformed Zoroark. Ditto uses a Sassy nature with as little speed evs as possible because if 2 ditto's meet up, they'll get into a struggle fight, where the slower Ditto wins.

Yeah imposter Ditto is awesome.

Here are some TRU FACTS:

Ditto copies its targets stats down to a T.

If Haxorus has 432 Atk & 285 speed Ditto will have 432 Atk & 285 Speed regardless of its stats (even IVs).

• The exception to this is its HP stat, which stays the same(Ditto invests in max HP so its HP stat is decent.
  • Ditto does not copy Hidden Power Values. So it's best to modify its HP values to give it HP Ice or Fire, depending on the Pokemon you want it to check.
  • Ditto copies stat boosts. If Haxorus Swords Dances, and Ditto switches in Ditto will have +2 attack.
  • This means thaat Ditto will always be able to revenge kill a Pokemon if it's using a choice scarf vs a non-choice scarf Pokemon. Back to Haxorus again, if Haxorus is at +1 speed due to Dragon Dance, Ditto will outspeed because of its +1 boost AND Choice Scarf.

So, basically, you are already dead?

On another topic, I wonder why I want to be a giant bipedal dragon.

backlot

I'm actually a little excited, I now have the urge to find someone that has a Shiny Ditto with Imposter. Or is that even possible? Maybe with breeding..

-edit-

Thank you Japanese players, I now have a Gigalith.

Shiny Ditto is probably possible but not with breeding. Ditto can't breed with other Ditto.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shiny imposter ditto is possible in BW2 I believe.

Also imposter is stopped cold by substitute and it sucks if it transforms into a staller.

Stage On

Also imposter is stopped cold by substitute and it sucks if it transforms into a staller.

So in other words it's not as absurdly broken as I'd been lead to believe.

If it's a Shiny Ditto does it always transform into a Shiny version of what ever it's copying?

Kokonoe

Banned
Shiny Ditto is probably possible but not with breeding. Ditto can't breed with other Ditto.

Ah, I suppose I'll just settle for non-Shiny for now.

So in other words it's not as absurdly broken as I'd been lead to believe.

If it's a Shiny Ditto does it always transform into a Shiny version of what ever it's copying?

It indeed does.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes, I too enjoy WAITING 100 FUCKING DAYS FOR A FUCKING GIBLE.

Getting it all properly set up and then coming back was part of the joy.

The place has high level Metangs that can run away if you want to talk about fun things to catch. Like a metal chansey!

It's fun to get everything just right and can be mega helpful for trying to get as many pokemon as possible with just one game. HG/SS can't be beat in that regard.

Anth0ny

So I heard you could unlock something in Black 2 after finishing the game. Possible spoilers:

Challenge mode. Apparently you can send it from one save file to another. My friend finished the Japanese version... is there any way he could send it to my American version via "Unova Link" before I start the game?

MikeMyers

Hyper_Beam_I.png

Awesome.

Also its pretty good in-game since you have the free option to switch out before they send out another Pokemon.

My Flareon in Leaf Green had Hyper Beam, I used it on Sabrina's Alakazam for a joke and it actually OHKO'd it.

FSLink

Banned
So I heard you could unlock something in Black 2 after finishing the game. Possible spoilers:

Challenge mode. Apparently you can send it from one save file to another. My friend finished the Japanese version... is there any way he could send it to my American version via "Unova Link" before I start the game?

White 2 also gets Assist mode (Easy mode). I dunno if US/JPN copies are compatible with each other since the US one isn't out yet, but my US Black 1 copy DID work for activating the Memory stuff with my Japanese Black 2 copy. (cutscenes related to Black/White 1 and such and your trainer name being mentioned along with other stuff) So I think it's likely it'd work.
I'll be sure to post in here if it works with the US copy.

We're not sure about international compatibility, but it can be sent over to play the whole game through, yes.

Firestorm

Not guaranteed. Japan has received a lot of tournaments we haven't. And with the GBU tournaments starting to grant real world prizes in the form of byes, I'm not sure how it will be handled. TPCi just hired a new Video Game Tournament Planner as well so we'll see how he handles things. Nintendo does Japanese tournaments while The Pokemon Company International handles them in the rest of the world. I think there has only been one (maybe two?) tournaments which included both Japanese and non-Japanese participants.

MikeMyers

Is Gen V the only place where there isnt a bunch of Water trainers do train your Grass type at?

Kanto: From Fuschia to Cinnabair, then to Pallet TOwn
Johto: From Jasmines City to Chucks city
Hoenn: Water everywhere
Sinnoh: When you surf up to Victory Road

I dont really remember Water being common in BW.

Top Bottom