• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

Now the whole time I'm playing Black 2, this is what I'm going to imagine Kingdra saying every time Chikorita is knocked out. Hahaha!

That's unfair though. You should start off with Horsea, and Chikorita should be a Meganium by the time Horsea is a Kingdra (Seadra is at Level 32, Meganium at Level 32).

Stage On

Blue > Gary

Never saw Gary slicing any Arboks in two.

The funny thing is that Arbok didn't even die. Who knew they could regenerate from stuff like that!

Just got this off Bulbapedia:

In Home Is Where The Start Is!, Gary reunited with Ash and battled him with his Electivire and defeated Ash's Pikachu once more.

GARY WINS

Just the writers repeating what they did at the end of the orange island to get Ash to go to a new region. Symmetry and all that.

MikeMyers

9vDQy.png

Every time Beef disses Chikorita, this image will be posted.

it just dawned to me..... Why cant chikorita and bayleaf learn leaf blade?

Yet, it learns Outrage O.O

I would evolve, but its your game, do what you want.

Have you decided what set you are going to use?

I want to keep you guys as your actual Pokémon. There's no way I'll ever come to a situation in-game so disadvantaged it would actually make a difference.

I don't have movesets planned for anybody at this point. Having a team picked out beforehand is way more than I usually do for a new game! I'll probably just decide as I go and as I find new TMs.

Stage On

Jokes aside if you don't evolve it I'm not sure how it'll stand up during the tougher fights later on.

It only works in the anime because the anime doesn't follow stats.

MikeMyers

I can see why someone thinks the Digimon anime is better than the Pokemon anime, but I wouldn't say the Digimon anime was compelling.

What animes does PokeGAF like?

ffdgh

One piece fan here.

and the obvious solution is to cross the digimon and pokemon worlds, there everyone is not happy

Stage On

My all time favorites are Crest/Banner of the stars, Magic knight Rayearth and Detective Conan

My fave for this season is Sword art online.

ffdgh

hmm i've never really watched digimon before now that i think about it.....well then time to give it a shot.......later today.

ahh dbz, SM,YYH...come back childhood toonami -.-

MikeMyers

hmm i've never really watched digimon before now that i think about it.....well then time to give it a shot.......later today.

I saw the first 4 seasons of Digimon. I actually liked Season 2 the best, which is the one everyone hates.

Yeah, SM is my main show, the anime goes downhill when Chibiusa debuts. I love the Toku version though.

Stage On

For Digimon my favorites where Tamers and Xross Wars.

But do yourself a favor. If you watch Xross wars don't bother with the second season, it's total crap.

What animes does PokeGAF like?

Other than the first couple of seasons of Pokémon and Digimon, the only anime I have really watched are Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood, Death Note, Fairy Tail, and Highschool of the Dead (lol).

Those were all in recent years. I never got many opportunities to see anime before Netflix and such came around.

Yeah, SM is my main show, the anime goes downhill when Chibiusa debuts. I love the Toku version though.

You should come visit us in TokuGAF some time. I still haven't gotten around to Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon but I've got it sitting here waiting to be watched. We could do with some discussion outside the weekly Ranger/Rider stuff.

MikeMyers

You should come visit us in TokuGAF some time. I still haven't gotten around to Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon but I've got it sitting here waiting to be watched. We could do with some discussion outside the weekly Ranger/Rider stuff.

I will. The only Sentai I've seen all the way through is Dairanger, I've seen a lot of KR series. Kabuto is my fav KR series.

Actually, the guy who played Mamoru in PGSM played a Kamen Rider.

MikeMyers

Which Rider did he play?

edit: Oh god your new avatar is freaky

"After finishing PGSM, Shibue has appeared in Kamen Rider Hibiki as Iori Izumi (Kamen Rider Ibuki), later reprising his role for the world of Hibiki in Kamen Rider Decade."

This is actually my original GAF avatar, haha. I had it from 2007-2011.

I will. The only Sentai I've seen all the way through is Dairanger, I've seen a lot of KR series. Kabuto is my fav KR series.

Actually, the guy who played Mamoru in PGSM played a Kamen Rider.

The latest Rider, Wizard, just started a couple weeks back so now's as good a time as any to join in on the regular discussion.

In terms of PGSM connections the guy that played Nephrite also played Gamel, a villain in OOO, the Rider show from the year before last.

Top Bottom