• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

ZenaxPure

Just waiting for Pokémon Colloseum 3 with nothing but triple and rotation battles.

I really hope this becomes a thing some day. I've done almost nothing but triple battles since B/W originally came out. They are just a ton of fun and I feel like there is more room for usually under-powered pokemon to shine a bit. My facade Swellow usually gets ignored in triples and then proceeds to kill 2 or 3 people before people can bring him down, love it.

It'll probably have a new name...what's the step up from Colloseum?

Well, XD came after Colo, so personally I hope they go with something like Pokemon :p or Pokemon o_O

Wow, I didn't know that but I always taught my Gible Earthquake in Platinum since you got the TM in the same cave where you could encounter them. But yea, Garchomp is good enough as is.

Kokonoe

Banned
WwUKz.jpg

Gotta say, as much as I enjoyed Ghetsis in Black and White, Giovanni's design is infinitely superior. The mob boss look is so good. I wish they'd return to more contemporary looking antagonists, rather than these fucking weirdos they have nowadays.

Ghetsis should have been more Ron Hubbard-ish. Someone send Masuda to see The Master.

Gotta say, as much as I enjoyed Ghetsis in Black and White, Giovanni's design is infinitely superior. The mob boss look is so good. I wish they'd return to more contemporary looking antagonists, rather than these fucking weirdos they have nowadays.

Ghetsis should have been more Ron Hubbard-ish. Someone send Masuda to see The Master.

Yeah, Ghetsis' battlement cape leaves much to be desired. His cyber-eyepatch is pretty cool, though.

I don't mind too much, he looks like a cult leader which is pretty much what he's supposed to be.

I think I'd prefer it if he ditched the golden stuff around his neck/shoulders and the eyepatch. It's a neat eyepatch, but Giovanni didn't need a space mohawk or any shit to be cool, and neither does Ghetsis.

So, more like the Leader.

simpsons-the-leader.png

Stage On

Correct.

Turbo was terrible.

Yes but it was worth suffering through for In Space since that was Power Rangers at it's best.

I watched a few more seasons but quit when Lightspeed Rescue came around.

I ended up watching Ninja Storm on dvd from the Libary since I heard it was good and then watching Dino Thunder because Tommy was back but quit again with SPD since that was crap.

Now I just watch the Japanese version since it pretty much blows Power Rangers out of the water in terms of quality. Shikenranger is way better then Samurai could ever hope to be.

Top Bottom