• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kazzy

Big fan of the avatars, people!

And I'd be right in thinking that this thread didn't move out of necessity, right? Do you do this for every big release? I was wondering why it vanished from my subscriptions for a while.

And I'd be right in thinking that this thread didn't move out of necessity, right? Do you do this for every big release? I was wondering why it vanished from my subscriptions for a while.

We made a new thread after we hit the limit on the first one, if that is what you mean. Threads get replaced after 20,000 posts.

Threads are meant to end after 20,000 posts. The last one reached that, so we all moved here.

Kazzy

Ah, I didn't think that was case, for whatever reason. You learn something new everyday.

I really need to go back to my copy of Black, in as much that I actually need to play more than a few hours. Its a shameful state of affairs, I know. I think the DSI XL has ruined me though, I really can't look at my DS Lite in the same way anymore.

But buying a new handheld console for one game sounds oddly familiar.

Firestorm

vBulletin is terrible software and super large threads slow the site down to a crawl. We learned this the hard way a long time ago so threads are split around 20k

MikeMyers

The Elite 4 and the Champion of Generation VI...

jadeite.jpg
nephrite.jpg
zoisite.jpg
kunzite.jpg
tuxedomask.jpg

Madao

my favorite E4 groups are gen 3 and 5. i think my least favorite is gen 2 mostly because it recycled the characters i liked the least from rby.

also, isn't it weird that neither the E4 or champ in BW use the pseudo legendary of these games? (also, i can't remember if tyranitar was used in gen 2 by the E4 or champ)
i really wanted to see Hydeigon more often since he's my fav poke atm (can't be bothered to restart my game just for 1 Ghetsis fight).

MikeMyers

if the Shitennou are not the E4, then the Sailor Senshi are

header.jpg

my favorite E4 groups are gen 3 and 5. i think my least favorite is gen 2 mostly because it recycled the characters i liked the least from rby.

also, isn't it weird that neither the E4 or champ in BW use the pseudo legendary of these games? (also, i can't remember if tyranitar was used in gen 2 by the E4 or champ)
i really wanted to see Hydeigon more often since he's my fav poke atm (can't be bothered to restart my game just for 1 Ghetsis fight).

I don't think any trainer has Tyranitar in GSC, but Blue uses him in the remake, and also in Leaf Green/Fire Red.

MikeMyers

Indeed, him and those law-defying Dragonites! Such a needlessly boring strategy, to keep rolling out the same Pokemon.

Dragonite with Barrier in RBY is not legal.
3 underleveled Dragonites in GSC.
Rock Slide Aerodactyl despite not learning it in GSC.

I'm surprised his Gyarados didn't have Aeroblast.

MikeMyers

Stadium had some weird lineups.

Overall, I think Blue had the best line up: Arcanine, Gyarados, Exeggutor, Alakazam, Pidgeot, & Rhydon.

Its better than all 4 starters, Snorlax, and Lapras/Espeon.

Kazzy

Dragonite with Barrier in RBY is not legal.
3 underleveled Dragonites in GSC.
Rock Slide Aerodactyl despite not learning it in GSC.

I'm surprised his Gyarados didn't have Aeroblast.

Pretty much, and even if the likes of Koga were relative pushovers, I did at least appreciate that they felt somewhat unique (even if his R/B/Y squad was lame). Lance was (is) just a troll.

Ah, Pokemon Stadium. I remember the higher cups got especially cheap, the AI would constantly get the best outcomes to critical's, status effects, everything. Mewtwo was such an anti-climax in comparison.

MikeMyers

Pretty much, and even if the likes of Koga were relative pushovers, I did at least appreciate that they felt somewhat unique (even if his R/B/Y squad was lame). Lance was (is) just a troll.

In the original R&B, his Dragon's are glitched not to attack Poison and Fighting types.

I remember just beating him with Leech Seed Venusaur.

In the original R&B, his Dragon's are glitched not to attack Poison and Fighting types.

I remember just beating him with Leech Seed Venusaur.

It's crazy how many glitches like that there are in the original games and how I never remember noticing any of them at the time.

PK Gaming

Chet got banned?

What? :(

Also this new fad is just all kinds of hilarious. I'd make an avatar, Haxorus style but i'm bad at making avies in general :x

Top Bottom