• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

We've lost another PokéGAF member. Anth0ny. :(

cEo7Q.jpg

It looks like it was because of his post pretending to troll the Wii U.

I think this is probably the reason why I almost always don't bother with any kind of sarcasm, due to the risk on the Internet.

Ooooooh, no you don't. I'll make it to October 7th so I can gush about BW2 if it kills me!

Everyone who doesn't want to get banned, join me in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, quick!

AbsolutelySafeCapsule.png

But then we can never come out again, right? We're friends Scrafty, but I'm not so sure about an eternity together...

It's okay. I have an Abra in here that will Teleport us out for snacks and BW2.
Seeing stoner Scrafty mention snacks immediately made me think of Scooby-Doo and Scooby Snacks. I guess if Scrafty is Shaggy, Arcanine can be Scooby.

Hmm...

How many days do we have left?

North America: October 7, 2012
Australia: October 11, 2012
Europe: October 12, 2012

I feel bad for our PAL friends. :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Today's anime episode was part story part filler. With a connoisseur that can out-fabulous Cilan and Burgandy taking a few pages from Team Rocket (bad disguise and blasting off). But it also guided Ash to the beginning of BW2 so there's that.

Frost_Ace

Seeing stoner Scrafty mention snacks immediately made me think of Scooby-Doo and Scooby Snacks. I guess if Scrafty is Shaggy, Arcanine can be Scooby.

North America: October 7, 2012
Australia: October 11, 2012
Europe: October 12, 2012

I feel bad for our PAL friends. :(

I'll have to wait even more since I'll be holding off the game until my friend trades me the challenge mode key :/

Today's anime episode was part story part filler. With a connoisseur that can out-fabulous Cilan and Burgandy taking a few pages from Team Rocket (bad disguise and blasting off). But it also guided Ash to the beginning of BW2 so there's that.

Richard was wonderfully uncomfortable, though. Not as creepy as in the original, but still pretty damn unsettling.

I have no problem with filler when it's done with a sense of fun like this. Burgundy's always good value too.

Challenge Key is essentially Hard Mode in BW2. Activate the Challenge Key, and trainers, Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 have higher levels, added Pokemon and switched movesets.

Game Freak, in their infinite wisdom, made it so this key was only available when the Elite 4 is beaten in Black 2, with White 2 unlocking the Assist Key for an easier game. Fortunately, the Key can be transferred to another cartridge, be it Black 2 or White 2, so the whole game can be played through with it activated.

Kazzy

Hm, the difference a paragrah makes! I went from thinking that it sounds like a much needed revitalisation of the SP game, to it coming across as a mind-numbingly abstract implementation of a (potentially) cool feature.

Gamefreak, you...

Who the heck could possible want to make the game easier?!

The stated intent was for it to be transferred to younger siblings who would otherwise have struggled with the game, with the harder one to be transferred to players who might have been disillusioned with the difficulty recently.

Yeah, it's stupid. Decent idea, but the transferring kills it.

The stated intent was for it to be transferred to younger siblings who would otherwise have struggled with the game, with the harder one to be transferred to players who might have been disillusioned with the difficulty recently.

I must be the only person here that doesn't mind it... perhaps because he isn't using it.

The youths should deal with it like we had to! I guess i'll play black 2 first and white 2 later when I want a true challenge.

Kazzy

But hasn't it always been balanced towards the younger players? I'd dread to think what an easy(ier) mode is actually like.

PK Gaming

Ooooooh, no you don't. I'll make it to October 7th so I can gush about BW2 if it kills me!

Everyone who doesn't want to get banned, join me in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, quick!

AbsolutelySafeCapsule.png

With my eternal life, I will see neogaf through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone!

Top Bottom