• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
Perhaps if I grind MMORPG style I'll run into a shiny one day. Actually, that'd most likely work because I've done things a lot more crazier things on FFXI than any other game ever.

Stage On

They really do need to streamline Iv and Ev somehow. It's insane how much time you have to spend getting ready if you want to be competitive with other players.

Just beat the Elite Four in my current run of Heart Gold!

tumblr_lm5a8dhHJ31qkfjzmo1_500.jpg

Playtime: 20:59

Team:
Obama - Lv. 55 (Ho-Oh)
Natsumi ♥ - Lv. 47 (Furret)
Shirahoshi - Lv. 43 (Corsola)
Aki - Lv. 42 (Magcargo)
"The Best" - Lv. 43 (Meganium)
The Boss - Lv. 46 (Stantler)

I based my run around Kacho Arino's from GameCenter CX (meaning no saving/restarting before gym battles because the ENTIRE game must count towards play time and most HMs must be on party members). So much fun! Can't wait to carry my Pokemon over to BW2! I've really grown close to my team.

For the time being, I'm going to run through the Kanto gym leaders and beat Red, hopefully meeting some new favorite Pokemon along the way.

Also, I've come to realize how outstanding Furret and Stantler are in-game.

The Boss had Sand-Attack, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis and Stomp and could outspeed and cripple almost everything. Natsumi RIPPED through Lance and had U-Turn, Strength, Sucker Punch, and Blizzard. It's definitely worth putting in the time to fish for Corsola in Olvine City before Cianwood too. Shirahoshi became a beast later with Surf, Ancient Power, Recover and Blizzard.

PS: For everyone wondering how I came across a Magcargo before the E4, I actually did EXACTLY what Arino did in his run and got the egg from Primo before the Violet City Gym.

Neki

Like Beef said, EV training is fine. Game Freak just needs to add indicators for EVs so you know how much you have. IVs on the other hand...

ffdgh

ありがとうございます!

Of course! I voice Kaku in the English dub but I'm also a big fan of the manga. I always read the fan translations every week.

this.....came out of nowhere. haha awesome :D

Barry the Chopper in FMA and Lyon in Fairy Tail are the only works of yours I've heard, but that's all I need to be a fan. You are spectacular.

10/15/2012
LFGom.png

WHY.

Top Bottom