• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

He's very knowledgeable.
Well I guess so. Anyone could fool me.

character_large_332x363_master-roshi.jpg

He is the Master himself!

Kokonoe

Banned
Wiseblade didn't lose in the PokeGAF tournament that failed to continue on correct?

*edit*

Actually, better question. Has anyone here beaten Wiseblade at Pokemon?

Everyone here already knows the six Pokémon I mainly use. I'd have to swap in a bunch of my old stuff (or do some new ones) to play in a tournament. :/

Speaking of competitive 'mons, I uploaded a video of one of my battles in the 2012 Autumn Friendly that happened recently.
http://youtu.be/R181so0F0Fo?hd=1

Why the hate for Garbodor? That's the TCG deck I run!

I'm glad he didn't manage to stall with Protect any longer than he did. Between Sandstorm damage and Trick Room counting down, I was worried for you!

EDIT: All this talking about battles got me in the mood to play some random matches online just now. I only played two, but I won both quite handily, so of course, I immediately stopped there. No reason to make myself sad after doing so well! :3

Why would you be sad...there's no shame in losing to people online...so many crazy factors. The quicker you learn not to get bothered by that, the more peaceful your life will be...=p

Why would you be sad...there's no shame in losing to people online...so many crazy factors. The quicker you learn not to get bothered by that, the more peaceful your life will be...=p

I know, but I only win maybe 1/3 of the matches I play, so tonight I'm going to stop while ahead and pretend I'm great! :p

MikeMyers

I FINALLY BEAT THE 7TH TRAINER ON BATTLE SUBWAY

I sent out Tyranitar, and he sounds out Marowak, and I was all like "FUCK EARTHQUAKE" but I dodged it with Gliscor!

I had no idea what to expect, but I clicked Swords Dance by accident...and he uses Detect! Free Attack Boosts. Marowak was eliminated by my own Earthquake.

He sends out Infernape, no problem, I had Acrobatics.

He sends out Dugtrio, and hits me with Rock Slide...and here I was thinking "shit, flinch hax"

BUT I DIDN'T GET THE FLINCH!

AND KO'D IT WITH EARTHQUAKE

2c9_01632f7b7a.jpg

"To you it was just a typical Sunday, but to MikeMyers, it was the day where he finally didn't get haxed."

In fact, losing is much better than disconnecting. Disconnecting is a completely different problem... (Gee, I wish I have met less disconnectors in the early days of Gen V battling.)

ffdgh

I FINALLY BEAT THE 7TH TRAINER ON BATTLE SUBWAY

I sent out Tyranitar, and he sounds out Marowak, and I was all like "FUCK EARTHQUAKE" but I dodged it with Gliscor!

I had no idea what to expect, but I clicked Swords Dance by accident...and he uses Detect! Free Attack Boosts. Marowak was eliminated by my own Earthquake.

He sends out Infernape, no problem, I had Acrobatics.

He sends out Dugtrio, and hits me with Rock Slide...and here I was thinking "shit, flinch hax"

BUT I DIDN'T GET THE FLINCH!

AND KO'D IT WITH EARTHQUAKE

2c9_01632f7b7a.jpg

"To you it was just a typical Sunday, but to MikeMyers, it was the day where he finally didn't get haxed."

*brawl announcer* SUCCESS!

It only gets worse from there on tho...

MikeMyers

*brawl announcer* SUCCESS!

It only gets worse from there on tho...

Ferrothorn with Rockey Helmet is a lot of fun.

I set up a Leech Seed on Miltank, and on that turn it used Body Slam. It lost like half its health from Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, Leech Seed, & Sandstream.

ffdgh

Ferrothorn with Rockey Helmet is a lot of fun.

I set up a Leech Seed on Miltank, and on that turn it used Body Slam. It lost like half its health from Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, Leech Seed, & Sandstream.

Make sure you have atlease one fire attack for tyranitar and gliscor. The subway will put a ferrothorn against yours just to troll your team.

Oh and thanks, took some time to get it just right.

MikeMyers

Make sure you have atlease one fire attack for tyranitar and gliscore. The subway will put a ferrothorn against yours just to troll your team.

My sets right now:
Tyranitar@Leftovers: Crunch/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Flamethrower
Gliscor@Flying Gem: Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Acrobatics
Ferrothorn@Rocky Helmet: Power Whip/Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Leech Seed

Oh and I like your hat too.

Top Bottom