• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
When you beat the Elite 4, there should be an instant win button that gives you max levels and toggles your IVs/EVs the way you want to.

EV grinding and breeding aren't fun.

tumblr_m9wrc7TFWW1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

Boney

Banned
Do you think Wind Waker is fun then?

wind waker exploring is more like exploring the overworld in pokemon, tons of fun and shit until you reach a place where you don't have an appropriate hm slave

still probably my favourite aspect of pokemon

Stage On

you can take on the BW E4R2 in the late 60s/early 70s!

they are for some people. there are lots of people who don't find turn based RPGs, isometric viewpoint, etc fun but i wouldn't want those things changed.

Eh, I like to match the level of their strongest Pokemon first before taking them on.

wind waker exploring is more like exploring the overworld in pokemon, tons of fun and shit until you reach a place where you don't have an appropriate hm slave

I was talking more about Wind Waker's win button.

Gravijah

there's only one place in the main game where you need an HM slave in BW1 and it's pretty early i think.

In the remake of Hoehn, they should let you explore a jungle island with a volcano for virgin sacrifices, angry natives and paths that get you lost for days.

Stage On

Didn't they have it so your Pokemon where auto leveled to 100 for vs matches in Gen 4? I remember doing a few battles like that over wi-fi and it was SWEET.

They should do that again. No more grinding

Stage On

That's why it's so boring.

Urg I hate having to waste space on my team for an HM slave just to cart me around.

Doubly so when you need one to reach a legendary Pokemon since that's one less meat shield to use when you're trying to capture the darn things.

Gravijah

one HM slave usually isn't too bad, because then you still have 5 other Pokemon to use. i usually spread HMs as much as possible around my team, and then i'll have a slave for the others.

Trying to remember a game where I enjoyed grinding...well it definitely wasn't Pokemon, I can tell you that.

Maybe Kingdom Hearts? Anyway, that's why we have the Lucky Egg!

Gravijah

that reminds me, why did you disappear from steam Kokonoe?!

noup

that's why raid mode is so terrible

you don't have to grind in raid mode. i don't think i replayed many stages, and i got up to the highest difficulty before getting burnt out.

Stage On

one HM slave usually isn't too bad, because then you still have 5 other Pokemon to use. i usually spread HMs as much as possible around my team, and then i'll have a slave for the others.

Sure that works for some moves like Surf which is generally good but do you really want to waste a move slot on your prime team on a garbage move like Cut?

Stage On

i pop Rock Smash, Cut, etc on my team, sometimes. its' just one slot.

But it's such a pain in the but to erase the move and then lean an actual good one once you need it.

Needing heart scales to do that is just :(

I wish Pokemon had their entire move pool available with more unlocking as you level up and get TMS and then you just selected which 4 they have available to use in battle.

They are doing so much other stuff to speed up things to get your Pokemon competitive ready that they might as well speed that aspect of it as well

Trying to remember a game where I enjoyed grinding...well it definitely wasn't Pokemon, I can tell you that.

Maybe Kingdom Hearts? Anyway, that's why we have the Lucky Egg!

Probably. I always loved the combat in Kingdom Hearts; even when I was grinding for hours on end so I could be appropriately levelled for the secret boss.

I quite enjoyed grinding in Persona 4, but maybe that's just because anything was better than fighting Shadow Yukiko.

Stage On

Probably. I always loved the combat in Kingdom Hearts; even when I was grinding for hours on end so I could be appropriately levelled for the secret boss.

I quite enjoyed grinding in Persona 4, but maybe that's just because anything was better than fighting Shadow Yukiko.

I love grinding in when playing games in the Tales system since the battle system is usually so active and dynamic. I usually go into battles to use a move a certiant number of times to unlock a new one or something like that and the next thing I know I've gained several levels with out even thinking about it.

I love grinding in when playing games in the Tales system since the battle system is usually so active and dynamic. I usually go into battles to use a move a certiant number of times to unlock a new one or something like that and the next thing I know I've gained several levels with out even thinking about it.

That reminds me why I didn't hate the battle system in Grandia because using moves a bunch of times unlocked much better moves. Dynamic Pokemon battles would be quite the thing though...it seems it'd work better if you were directly in control of the Pokemon instead of just barking out commands.

Top Bottom