• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Zeroth

It'd basically be a Fire version of Gyarados, but with Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed.

I like it.

Gyarados has a 4X weakness holding it (anything electric leaves a dent), while Arcanine's biggest threats are Water and Ground moves, which do 2X damage on it. Coupled with much bulkier stats, I say Arcanine could be a bigger threat, specially with its movepool.

MikeMyers

Gyarados has a 4X weakness holding it (anything electric leaves a dent), while Arcanine's biggest threats are Water and Ground moves, which do 2X damage on it. Coupled with much bulkier stats, I say Arcanine could be a bigger threat, specially with its movepool.

Drizzle is REALLY common though, which increases his Water weakness and ruins Flare Blitz.

But the reason I compared him to Gyarados is not because of "who is better" but because I'd imagine a DD Arcanine would be played like DD Gyarados in the sense of being pure offensive. The only other DD users I see are Dragonite and Salamence, the former I see used more for bulk and the latter I see more for wallbreaking.

Frost_Ace

Arcanine though would have a serious 4 moveslot syndrome with DD, unlike the other DD users :S

The best set would be something like:

DD
Flare blitz
wild charge
close combat\outrage

which is countered by heatran/tyranitar respectively.

ffdgh

IF arcanine gets dragon dance before flygon, who has no stat boosting move including quiver dance...flygon would be flareon level of trolled.

Stage On

So you decided to not use the motion controls and just let the Flygon eat your foes?

I'd take a Flygon over a Skyloft any day

Flygon-1.jpg

Didn't look in the Japanese OT but wasn't everyone siding toward one version?

Having skipped b/w I'm indifferent, but outsides of different Pokemon, what other big differences are there?

Didn't look in the Japanese OT but wasn't everyone siding toward one version?

Having skipped b/w I'm indifferent, but outsides of different Pokemon, what other big differences are there?

I think most people were siding with Black 2, because that has the unlockable key which makes the single player harder.

You have to trade it to a different game to get the full effect, though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hmm Ferrothorn sounds interesting.

Kinda don't want to use Ludicolo cause he looks so goofy. And I've been getting fucked up by a Ludicolo user.

Speaking of which what's a good counter to a SubSeed Ludicolo? I've been thinking of just using Taunt on it. What are some good Pokemon to use taunt with?

ffdgh

Kinda don't want to use Ludicolo cause he looks so goofy. And I've been getting fucked up by a Ludicolo user.

Speaking of which what's a good counter to a SubSeed Ludicolo? I've been thinking of just using Taunt on it. What are some good Pokemon to use taunt with?

Weavile would be my choice. Having a natural 349 speed at 100 is soo nice.

Stage On

If I learned anything from Colosseum it's that Ludicolo are not to be underestimated. It gave me so much trouble in that game it's not even funny.

That was his first avatar, to my knowledge.

Nearly. When I first joined, I had a Metroid avatar for no adequately explainable reason.

In truth, this avatar was both my second, and my fourth. Credit goes to Chet for the third, but that one's got to wait a few months before I can bring it out of retirement...

That's a Photoshop cutting/ lasso job, I'd think.

It's nice to have a fellow Pikachu fan in here. Those damn Raichus have had it too good for too long.

Top Bottom