• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

PK Gaming

Okay, I need to bring this up again: PokéGAF needs either its own t-shirt or an ensemble picture of all of us (or both!). I was browsing both the shirt store and pixiv at the same time, and I can't stands it no more. Let me give my money to you, nonspecific artist!

yeah this needs to happen. it would be amazing ;_;

#pityican'tdraw

Scrafty, share with meeee! Teach me the ways of the ancient Dragon Dance! I'm ready, sensei!

Do as my Sensei Travolta did:

1252480274_travolta_pulp_fiction.gif

511385_o.gif

tumblr_lia891brw51qeo867.gif

How do you think he had such speed in Grease? Such strength to endure Old Dogs?!
yeah this needs to happen. it would be amazing ;_;

#pityican'tdraw

I know, man. It'd be awesome.

Sucks that I don't know any good artists...

#englishmajor

So jelly of that N charm, Zeer0id. I have to have it.... Liberate all your cellphone charms, my fellow human beings! Cellphone charms want freedom. They don't want to be tied down to cellphones.

MikeMyers

I'm considering Sunny Day SolarBeam for my Leaf Green Venusaur, but no Speed Boost back then.

Damn, need to think of a good set for Venusaur.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I didn't think it would hit me, after playing BW2 already, but I'm hyped for the NA launch. I'm back into raising Pokemon right now. Trying out weird stuff in VGC format like Lopunny throwing Klutz at people with Entertainment, and the undervalued Fling+Razor Fang for another 100% chance of Flinch outside of Fake Out and actually hits Ghost.

Of course I'll probably burn myself out before BW2 is even out and I won't play it for months. Oh well.

MikeMyers

I didn't think it would hit me, after playing BW2 already, but I'm hyped for the NA launch. I'm back into raising Pokemon right now. Trying out weird stuff in VGC format like Lopunny throwing Klutz at people with Entertainment, and the undervalued Fling+Razor Fang for another 100% chance of Flinch outside of Fake Out and actually hits Ghost.

Of course I'll probably burn myself out before BW2 is even out and I won't play it for months. Oh well.

Welcome back, I needed your help.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've done the National Dex twice now this gen because of an unfortunate accident with my launch Black.

It's pretty rough but doable with HG/SS, Platinum, and a very little bit digging into my gen 3 stocks. The hardest pokémon for me to get was purugly as I don't have Pearl.

I almost completed the Pokédex in Emerald by playing Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen. Oh, and Pokémon Colosseum too.

That was a big help for actually finishing the Pokédex in Diamond. (I traded with my brother for the Pearl Pokémon and PokéGAF for some of the event legendaries.)

Black was super easy. I traded with PokéGAF for the White Pokémon and transferred my already completed set from Diamond.

I'll cry if they ever stop letting us transfer Pokémon forward.

Stage On

The true issue with catching them all? They haven't released certain legends in freaking years .

And it's getting worse with each gen since they keep throwing more and more event Pokemon it.

It was one thing when it was just one a generation but three or four is just pushing it :(

Kokonoe

Banned
It's easier to just catch them all in Platinum/Gold and catch the Unova Pokemon in Black/White and call it a day. Transfering to Black/White is horrendous.

Kokonoe

Banned
How so? I thought the transfer mini-game was pretty cool.

I'm more of saying the time wasted doing it over and over is horrendous, not the mini-game itself. Six at a time, which sometimes you might not catch them all, and it'd be nice if you could just transfer without being subjected to it every time. If you're catching them all, it won't be so fun.

Stage On

The game really does a bad job of telling you where to go to collect your Pokemon once you transfer them over if you've never done it before.

Figuring out that I had to use the C-gear to get to the place to pick them up was a total pain in the butt.

I say congratz! Now your next step is to get a tag....good luck with that.

A tag that has to be assigned by someone else... Well, this is going to be the first forum I'm ever on that does exactly that. Hehe, I wonder what I'll get? I do hope that I don't get something too goofy.

*just notices that his PM space exploded*

Top Bottom