• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Goten's crowning achievement

iQwGn8ijCbmno.gif

and yet I like him so much more than Gohan.

Kokonoe

Banned
Piccolo is the best.

He managed to stay relevant when it became The Super Saiyan Show.

I think I recall reading somewhere that technically he could have been a lot stronger according to how the rumors state the "Nameless Namek", but might have been wrong. Something about the whole ordeal not being as complete or something.

I like Piccolo so much because regardless of the situation, he just goes in and does his thing even if he's going to get destroyed. Well that, and all the other cool things he does. Plus he's got that "shine".

Stage On

Oh man I want to go to the Pokemon event in Toronto so bad.

But between work and the fact I can't drive it's likely not going to happen :(

Man, I'm doing another play-through of White before B2/W2 come out so the story can be fresh in my head and i'm noticing there are not a lot of places to level up in Unova. It's taking me way longer than usual to get my Pokemon up to speed before the gym leaders.

Stage On

Man, I'm doing another play-through of White before B2/W2 come out so the story can be fresh in my head and i'm noticing there are not a lot of places to level up in Unova. It's taking me way longer than usual to get my Pokemon up to speed before the gym leaders.

Are you making sure to battle wild Audino?

If you walk around until the grass shakes and step into that spot Audion is likely to appear and it gives MASSIVE exp upon defeat.

Combine with Daily battles at the sports stadiums and other spots and a luck egg the game outright gives you and it shouldn't be too bad.

Are you making sure to battle wild Audino?

If you walk around until the grass shakes and step into that spot Audion is likely to appear and it gives MASSIVE exp upon defeat.

Combine with Daily battles at the sports stadiums and other spots and a luck egg the game outright gives you and it shouldn't be too bad.
I do my best to kick as many Audino butts as a I can, but they're not that frequent. I guess Ill just try the lucky egg and daily battle things like you said.

Hopefully he doesn't have that thing a few members of PokeGAF had where the bushes don't have Pokemon rustling in them.

That actually happened to people? Man, that sucks.

The stadiums in that one town worked well for me, grinding for the Elite 4 rematch. Plus some of those trainers give nifty items, and one of them has an Audino.

EDIT: oh

Stage On

OVER 9,000.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

My team is barely at level 20. Barely about to head to the Nacrene City gym.

Ah no wonder, the first bit of the game is that hardest for leveling up because you literally can't get shaking grass until after you get the first badge. It makes getting up to par with them really annoying since the only thing you can fight are pokemon way weaker then you at that point.

....i've never played online, too afraid i'd get owned badly XD

I was afraid for a long time too, but it's fun even if you lose! I used Arcanine in several matches tonight, and I think I surprised a few people with some OHKOs!

I've only played this
ZeSo2.png
team (my favorites), so I think 40% isn't too bad!

I've had a few disconnects too, so I'd say I'm hitting close to 50/50 these days.

Top Bottom