• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

3. Piccolo is made into a joke, and he was never as frightened and stiff like this ever before. He would fight practically anyone, even if he knew the circumstances weren't in his favor. He gets turned to stone in a blink of an eye by Dabura, which he could've dodged if he wasn't completely paralyzed by an irrational fear.

Piccolo's cool and all but he was a joke since Raditz. He had a brief run in the Android arc as the strongest, but he woulda lost to #17 anyway and he indirectly led Cell to the Androids locations.

All of Goku's rivals turn into jokes, the only one that stayed relevant is Vegeta.

Kokonoe

Banned
Piccolo's cool and all but he was a joke since Raditz. He had a brief run in the Android arc as the strongest, but he woulda lost to #17 anyway and he indirectly led Cell to the Androids locations.

All of Goku's rivals turn into jokes, the only one that stayed relevant is Vegeta.

Piccolo did more to Frieza than Vegeta, and I don't think he would have lost to 17, he most likely would have killed him with Hellzone Grenade. Cell Saga even gave Tien his chance to shine, which in the Buu saga they replayed the same thing, but took away the significance.

*EDIT*

Light Grenade

Stop talking DBZ guys!

You might attract... him.

Oh god...

27470731.jpg

Stage On

Blaspheme. Piccolo is a more strategic fighter then 17 could ever hope to be. Since they where pretty much even the smarter fighter would have won in the end.

MikeMyers

Piccolo did more to Frieza than Vegeta, and I don't think he would have lost to 17, he most likely would have killed him with Hellzone Grenade. Cell Saga even gave Tien his chance to shine, which in the Buu saga they replayed the same thing, but took away the significance.

Frieza was just fucking with the both of them. And Vegeta did way more in that arc overall anyway.

#17 has infinite energy and Piccolo was starting to wear down, and I'm not sure if Hellzone Grenade would have finished him. Plus, it was the fight that gave Cell the knowledge of where the Androids were located.

Kokonoe

Banned
Frieza was just fucking with the both of them. And Vegeta did way more in that arc overall anyway.

#17 has infinite energy and Piccolo was starting to wear down, and I'm not sure if Hellzone Grenade would have finished him. Plus, it was the fight that gave Cell the knowledge of where the Androids were located.

If by toying you mean by not transforming, yes. Vegeta was practically whiped the floor with the entire Frieza/Vegeta confrontation except the part of his first form. Piccolo was actually going toe to toe with his second form. Piccolo also kicked Frieza in his last form to save Goku. Sounds funny when I mention that, though.

Also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamSbxugROM

Android 17 wasn't above Piccolo, even with the never ending energy.

Don't worry he's too busy reporting sony/obscure gaming news that no one else cares about and lamenting the sales death of the aforementioned series involving robots.

Also don't be dissing Piccolo.

MikeMyers

If by toying you mean by not transforming, yes. Vegeta was practically whiped the floor with the entire Frieza/Vegeta confrontation except the part of his first form. Piccolo was actually going toe to toe with his second form. Piccolo also kicked Frieza in his last form to save Goku. Sounds funny when I mention that, though.

Also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamSbxugROM

Android 17 wasn't above Piccolo, even with the never ending energy.

Actually when Frieza went in his final form, Vegeta saved the Z Fighters from Frieza's beam as Vegeta was the only one who could see them. Also overall Vegeta did more in that arc.

As far as #17 vs Piccolo goes, well it could have gone either way. But Piccolo was the reason Cell showed up, so I guess he screwed himself over anyway.

Actually when Frieza went in his final form, Vegeta saved the Z Fighters from Frieza's beam as Vegeta was the only one who could see them. Also overall Vegeta did more in that arc.

As far as #17 vs Piccolo goes, well it could have gone either way. But Piccolo was the reason Cell showed up, so I guess he screwed himself over anyway.

Yeah, Vegeta's pretty inSAIYAN.

Stage On

Great news guys, I got a ride to the Pokemon event in Toronto coming up on October 7th :)

Gonna go in my Ash Costume. Hopefully they'll have some free swag left over and don't give it all away on Saturday.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone want to be awesome and trade me a female DW Spinda? I'll flip you a much better Spinda back when I'm done with it.

edit: Nevermind, found someone. Contrary Skill Swap Hydreigon here I come.

Stage On

Alright, I decided to use Clefable over Aritcuno.

Intense grinding session begin!

Pink Glory shall be yours!!!

Speaking of Clefable, or rather Clefairy I'd love to get my hands on the English version of the Pocket Monster manga that stars it and Red but sadly it seems out of print.

It's a shame they only printed up to the Ruby and Sapphire version in Singapore too since apparently the manga is still on going in Japan.

MikeMyers

Beat the Leaf Green Elite 4:

Here's who defeated who:

LORELEI:
Dewgong - Venusaur
Cloyster - Jolteon
Slowbro - Jolteon
Jynx - Ninetails
Lapras - Jolteon

BRUNO:
Onix - Gyarados
Hitmonchan - Gyarados