• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

The Black 2/White 2 thread has already turned to gen wars. I guess that's what we get to read for the next week until the games release?

I like how the guy that started the thing says he just "had to speak up" like he's dropping some sort of giant truth bomb on the rest of us brainwashed morons. Fight the powa!!!

MikeMyers

I FINALLY CAUGHT ARTICUNO.

After 100 Ultra Balls and a soft reset.

I'm convinced the AI will make me waste 999 Ultra Balls on Moltres.

Suairyu

Banned
If I didn't want Black/White 2 anytime soon, when I did finally get it would someone do a trade-to-and-back with me so I can add Genesect to my Dex?

If I didn't want Black/White 2 anytime soon, when I did finally get it would someone do a trade-to-and-back with me so I can add Genesect to my Dex?

Is it possible to get multiple Genesects since they are a WiFi download? If so, I would get one and trade it to my old Black save and start a new game and get another one. That way I could just give you the extra one!

Suairyu

Banned
Is it possible to get multiple Genesects since they are a WiFi download? If so, I would get one and trade it to my old Black save and start a new game and get another one. That way I could just give you the extra one!
I'd appreciate it!

Having not long ago done another B/W playthrough, I'm just not ready for more Pokémons. I don't want to get burnt out.

Aw man, I missed the Gen Wars? Sleep; my greatest foe!

I told you the thread slogan should have been Gen Wars Episode V :p

(The actual title is really really good though.)

LeleSocho

Banned
ixjp8J2JAufew.gif

Just beat PKMN Trainer Red in my current run of Heart Gold!

tumblr_m7wid9JcPj1rbu477o1_500.jpg

Playtime: 34:30
Badges: 16
Pokedex: 82

Team:
Steve Jobs - Lv. 62 (Elekid)
"The Best" - Lv. 55 (Meganium)
Shirahoshi - Lv. 57 (Corsola)
Arino ★ - Lv. 55 (Snorlax)
Bubba - Lv. 70 (Lugia)
Obama - Lv. 71 (Ho-Oh)

Switch-Ins:
Natsumi ♥ - Lv. 51 (Furret)
Aki - Lv. 50 (Magcargo)
Samus Aran - Lv. 38 (Sandslash)
The Boss - Lv. 51 (Stantler)
Utsukushii - Lv. 30 (Red Gyarados)

It's been about 13 hours of game time since I last posted an update on my current GameCenter CX inspired Heart Gold run and I've loved every minute of it. The epic capture of Bubba the Lugia and the fights against Janine, Blue's Pidgeot and Red's Snorlax stand out as some of the highlights of the run through Kanto.

I had my friend trade me his Elekid for the fight with Red simply because I wanted to have Elekid vs. Pikachu, the Johto standard basic electric Pokemon vs. Kanto's. I think I'm going to hold onto the little guy, haha.

Had way less of a problem with Red than I did with the E4 the first time around. Having Ho-Oh and Lugia with me helped I'm sure but Shirahoshi took down huge chunks of Red's Charizard and Lapras despite being severely under-leveled.

All of the Pokemon that I listed above have really made an impact on me as both a trainer and a fan of the games. This run alone has turned some Pokemon I initially despised like Furret, Stantler, Meganium and Magcargo into some of my favorite Pokemon and I have a newfound appreciation for Ho-Oh as well.

Also, I always used to avoid putting HMs on my Pokemon in the past but now I realize just how much easier and more fun it is to actually give them your favorite and most used Pokemon. Between my team and standard switch-ins, I have every HM so I never really have to worry about going to the PC and picking up an HM slave. Way more convenient.

I have a few things I have in mind to do before I make my next progress post.
1. Get my Kanto starter from Professor Oak (Charmander or Squirtle).
2. Get my Hoenn starter from Steven (Mudkip or Torchic).
3. Play a ton of the Pokeathalon.
4. Go trio hunting (legendary dogs and legendary birds).

Regarding the Kanto and Hoenn starters, I want them to pair with my Meganium, that's why I said either the fire type or water type, whichever I don't choose at Oak's, I'll choose at Silph Co. with Steven.

After those things are accomplished, I'll write up another progress post and I'm planning to have my fourth and final one revolve around the capture of Kyogre and Mewtwo.

Seriously, what an incredible game Heart Gold is.

Stage On

Ok so I looked it up and apparently restarting your game will wipe the Wonder cards you have.

The good news is you can reacquire them, provided they are still being distributed.

I got it at level 30 something so trade EXP bonus + it's more powerful than Pikachu = quite easy. Thunderpunch, Flash, Low Kick and Discharge is a deadly combo in-game.

But didn't it spend most of the late game getting one shot by anything that breathes on it? well you made it work I guess.

Stage On

I got it at level 30 something so trade EXP bonus + it's more powerful than Pikachu = quite easy. Thunderpunch, Flash, Low Kick and Discharge is a deadly combo in-game.

I nicknamed it that because that's what Arino named his. Ended up getting used to it so it stuck, lol.

More powerfull then Pikachu? Not if you use a light ball.

Wiseblade

Elekid's BST is 360. Pikachu's BST is 300. Give Elekid a Zap Plate and you're good to go.

Exp. Share is your friend. Got him right as I started the Kanto gym run and had him on my team the whole time.

Elekid's Max Sp.ATK = 251

Pikachu's Max Sp.ATK = 218

251 x 1.2 = 301

218 x 2 = 436

The Gap in Physical stats is even bigger.

So no, Zap-Plated Elekid is not better than Light Balled Pikachu. Pikachu also has a better movepool, boasting stuff like Extremespeed. Elekid does have the elemental punches, so it's not a complete washout.

Zoroark; the Pokemon that's so ashamed of itself it hides as any other Pokemon, up to and including Dunsparce.

It's not the better anything.

More like Zoroark; so awesome it can only be obtained through an event, had its own movie, and was the first Gen V Pokemon ever revealed. Suck on that, other Dark type Pokemon of Gen V.

MikeMyers

Tyranitar is my favourite Dark type.

Regarding the Kanto and Hoenn starters, I want them to pair with my Meganium, that's why I said either the fire type or water type, whichever I don't choose at Oak's, I'll choose at Silph Co. with Steven.

Charmander, & Mudkip imo.

Congrats on beating Red, I really like the team you used. Unique and creative.

Ok so I looked it up and apparently restarting your game will wipe the Wonder cards you have.

The good news is you can reacquire them, provided they are still being distributed.

Good! I think I'll get a few extra Genesects before starting my real game.

Anyone with just the original B/W should let me know if they want one!

Top Bottom