• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Bulbapedia says that there's no prerequisite to trade from B2/W2 to B/W. So if Genesect can be traded to B/W (which I assume it can), then you're golden.

Wow after not letting you trade until you have the first badge for several games now they take that requirement away. Well at least that'll make it easier to get my team going.

Yeah, the whole MMO framework is pretty obnoxious, and it takes way too long to get into the actual review, but I do like their interactions and points.

Also, they've given me a new perspective on how badly 4Kids fuck everything up.

Stage On

Man I used to outright worship Lugia largely due to that movie but looking back he didn't really do anything all that impressive.

MikeMyers

Got Entei.

I'm kinda tempted to have him replace Ninetails on my Leaf Green team.

Or just transport him to Platinum and call it a day.

Man, Afro's playthrough of HG is making me want to play through SS again. But then I'd have to send all my cool Pokemon over to another game and that's a pain in the ass. Why isn't there an easier way of doing that?

Wow, Lugia's pretty lucky. It seems other than Sketch, it's purely his move.

Watch a Champion hack the move onto their strongest Pokemon!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Elekid's Max Sp.ATK = 251

Pikachu's Max Sp.ATK = 218

251 x 1.2 = 301

218 x 2 = 436

The Gap in Physical stats is even bigger.

So no, Zap-Plated Elekid is not better than Light Balled Pikachu. Pikachu also has a better movepool, boasting stuff like Extremespeed. Elekid does have the elemental punches, so it's not a complete washout.

Isn't Extreme Speed Pikachu a fairly rare Japense only event mon?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My buddy wanted all three starters for W1 when it came out and beat all three Trio badge gym leaders. It only takes about half an hour if you know what you are doing.

Back in the days before we got more good flying moves like Aerial ace I used to dream of having Aeroblast on Pidgeot

I can see that...some of the types really didn't get much in the way of powerful attacks. Thankfully GF has remedied this. I used to get super annoyed the strongest bug attack was Twin Needle.

MikeMyers

I can see that...some of the types really didn't get much in the way of powerful attacks. Thankfully GF has remedied this. I used to get super annoyed the strongest bug attack was Twin Needle.

I used Twineedle Beedrill in my Red Version.

Speaking of Red, still pissed my Gyarados died in my Red-Nuzlocke because Gary's Pidgeot Mirror Moved Thunderbolt back to me.

Stage On

My buddy wanted all three starters for W1 when it came out and beat all three Trio badge gym leaders. It only takes about half an hour if you know what you are doing.

I remember doing that back during Red and Blue. It sure felt like it took forever too using that method to get all three starters.

No real need to use the restart method now since you can trade online and get the two missing ones quite easily.

Emitan

I remember doing that back during Red and Blue. It sure felt like it took forever too using that method to get all three starters.

No real need to use the restart method now since you can trade online and get the two missing ones quite easily.

Yeah I used Pokémon Stadium to get all three starters in Red Version.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

You don't need the Boulder Badge in RBY to trade though. It takes five minutes.

MikeMyers

You can get all 3 starters in Yellow, but I only used Venusaur out of the 3. Had Gyarados for my Water and Rapidash for my Fire. Sometimes I used Vileplume instead of Venusaur though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can do the run 4 times in about twenty minutes. It takes at least that long to get the C-Gear in B/W.

I should know, I do it everytime I play Red or Blue. I usually don't even use them anymore.

Stage On

You can do the run 4 times in about twenty minutes. It takes at least that long to get the C-Gear in B/W.

I should know, I do it everytime I play Red or Blue. I usually don't even use them anymore.

Well at least it was more practical back then. I hate how they disable tradeing before you get 1 badge these days.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Whenever I do trade over early Pokémon I make sure they are eggs anyways. I don't want or need the bonus experience.

Stage On

Whenever I do trade over early Pokémon I make sure they are eggs anyways. I don't want or need the bonus experience.

It depends, sometimes that extra experience can come in handy, especially for certain Pokemon that require more then usual to level up.

Firestorm

You should never really have to grind. Even if you're like 5 - 10 levels lower, you can take out trainers with a combination of items and strategy.

Red is the only one I've ever reached where that was incorrect. Leading with a LV81 Pikachu against my guys that were all 5x. ugh.

Stage On

You should never really have to grind. Even if you're like 5 - 10 levels lower, you can take out trainers with a combination of items and strategy.

Red is the only one I've ever reached where that was incorrect. Leading with a LV81 Pikachu against my guys that were all 5x. ugh.

Dude Cynthia in Black and White was pretty darn tough. I actually got wiped out the first time I fought her which is the first time that's happened to me in years.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think I remember losing to Brock a few times in Blue and going "eff it" and grinding my Charmander to like level 25. Took forever, it was a bunch of L6 or 7 wild Pokemon lol.

Then I steamrolled his punk ass with a bunch of "Wasn't very effective..." moves. Was so satisfying. Was also able to cruise for a while after that.

Top Bottom