• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Frost_Ace

The plot is the only thing about BW2 I know nothing about
rosik.gif

Man the TCG OST is magical, I keep listening to it. I remember selling my super rare pokemon card, I forgot the name of it. It was silver and metal like. 2nd gen.

Stage On

Friends don't let friends miss good games. :p

I try buy my friends don't always listen. Trying to get one of my buddies to play Xenoblade was like pulling teeth but we've got the same taste in games so I knew he'd love it and I was right when I finally got him to play it after pestering him for months.

Kokonoe

Banned
By the way, I've been playing TCG2 since it was translated and it's pretty good. Has the area from the first game, but after you do a mini-ish version of the first game you go to a brand new area, and it also has all the Team Rocket/Vending Machine cards which is great.

I bring this up because it also has great music like the first game.

Duel VS. Team GR [ Youtube ]

Friends don't let friends miss good games. :p

Less "missing good games", more "saving that £30 or so for other things".

Like food. (Also it's near my birthday, so saving money for getting fucking rat-arsed is high on my priority list. Oh, and I guess I have an assignment in for around then too)

Stage On

By the way, I've been playing TCG2 since it was translated and it's pretty good. Has the area from the first game, but after you do a mini-ish version of the first game you go to a brand new area, and it also has all the Team Rocket/Vending Machine cards which is great.

I bring this up because it also has great music like the first game.

Duel VS. Team GR [ Youtube ]

You know considering Nintendo pretty much localizes everything else to do with Pokemon I'm surprised they skipped TCG2.

I had so much fun beating the first one, it's a real shame we didn't get the second.

Less "missing good games", more "saving that £30 or so for other things".

Like food. (Also it's near my birthday, so saving money for getting fucking rat-arsed is high on my priority list. Oh, and I guess I have an assignment in for around then too)

I'll mail you my finest bottle of bourbon and £20 if you buy BW2.

Kokonoe

Banned
Sooooo good
Yep, I wish I knew who did the music for these games, they are phenomenal.

You know considering Nintendo pretty much localizes everything else to do with Pokemon I'm surprised they skipped TCG2.

I had so much fun beating the first one, it's a real shame we didn't get the second.

If you look up "pokemon tcg2 patch artemis251" on google, the first link should take you to the site that has the patch. Game is totally worth it and improves once you get out of the first area.

I have to say, these TCG games are so well done that I'd even put them above Over the Nexus and the latest Tag Force game(talking about the game design not card game itself). It's so quick, so simple, and polished to the max. It's remarkable for the gameboy color.

Stage On

usually Canada doesn't get deals as good as the states but Futureshop at one point had the Black and White 2 up for preorder at $10 off.

Hope you guys in the States got a similar deal from somewhere and aren't playing full price.

$35 for a freaking DS game at this point is just insane.

I have to say, these TCG games are so well done that I'd even put them above Over the Nexus and the latest Tag Force game(talking about the game design not card game itself). It's so quick, so simple, and polished to the max. It's remarkable for the gameboy color.

Agreed. TCG1 pleasantly surprised me speed-wise.

I guess I'm assuming everyone's as tight with their wallets as me. :lol

(Of course I get a pint or two, I was more referring to get trains/into places/etc)

I know that i'm overly tight with my wallet.
Oh but you're going for the full works I see, now that is something i'm entirely too cheap to bother with, you go nuts.

Soul Beat

No way. I gotta get all the cards I can. Even if they're digital.

Which reminds me...It's always bittersweet when you get an awesome card on the TCG online.

Firestorm

I'm just trying to get supporters. This game hates me I swear. Finally have 4 N, 2 Cheren (plus friend gave me a theme deck code that has two), 3 Juniper, and 3 or 4 Random Receivers. Could use another Juniper and some Bianca in case I wanna build a deck that could use that more...

Also need more of the balls.

And then Pokemon Catcher which I had a better pull rate irl than in game which I guess is for the best.

And then I need the actual Pokemon for the decks @_@ 3x Terrakion EX is going to be impossible without trading for my current real life deck. Hope they implement that soon.

Stage On

How do you even afford to keep up with the card game?

Even back in the day I remember when they took out a lot of the first couple sets from offical play and you had to get the new jungle set versions of them if you wanted to keep using them.

Firestorm

Even back in the day I remember when they took out a lot of the first couple sets from offical play and you had to get the new jungle set versions of them if you wanted to keep using them.
I just started this year and rotation only happens once a year (except once when there was a super broken card). My deck cost about $125 total I think? By far the cheapest of TCGs to stay competitive in. I might just build on it after Boundaries Crossed comes out or switch decks. Considering about $60 of the cost was from trainers which are re-usable between decks, it's not too bad. $40 of that being Pokemon Catcher x4 -.-

Soul Beat

I can only afford it 'cause I'm on a quest to catch 'em all. I'm still missing a few though.

Firestorm is the real deal though, so the next time I buy a new pack I'll give you the code thingy. Just that one though. :p

Busaiku

It's crazy that some manage keep up with those miniature based war game things.
I mean seriously, that must be like thousands per set or something.

Firestorm

It's crazy that some manage keep up with those miniature based war game things.
I mean seriously, that must be like thousands per set or something.
The Pokemon TFG is discontinued now so yeah. I heard a Mewtwo one went for $600 or something?
I can only afford it 'cause I'm on a quest to catch 'em all. I'm still missing a few though.

Firestorm is the real deal though, so the next time I buy a new pack I'll give you the code thingy. Just that one though. :p
:D

Busaiku

Wait there was a Pokemone figure game?
I was just talking about like Warhammer and all that jazz.

Also, does anyone else think Nate's hair looks like Nagisa's (from Assassination Classroom)?
I dunno, I just keep thinking of that.

Top Bottom