• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Firestorm

I think I remember losing to Brock a few times in Blue and going "eff it" and grinding my Charmander to like level 25. Took forever, it was a bunch of L6 or 7 wild Pokemon lol.

Then I steamrolled his punk ass with a bunch of "Wasn't very effective..." moves. Was so satisfying. Was also able to cruise for a while after that.
Brock didn't have a single rock move. All it takes is maybe a potion + repeated Ember! As long as you're Level 10ish and have a backup Pokemon you should be good.

I played nine doubles matches online last night, and the only Pokémon I saw were Hitmontop, Thundurus, Politoed, Kingdra, Abomasnow, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Cresselia, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Salamence, Tyranitar, Metagross, Landorus, and Excadrill.

I'm glad you guys are all so original! How ever did you come up with those team combinations? -_-

Neki

I played nine doubles matches online last night, and the only Pokémon I saw were Hitmontop, Thundurus, Politoed, Kingdra, Abomasnow, Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Cresselia, Hydreigon, Garchomp, Salamence, Tyranitar, Metagross, Landorus, and Excadrill.

I'm glad you guys are all so original! How ever did you come up with those team combinations? -_-

To be fair Kingdra, Cresselia and Hitmontop are all UU, so at least those people were original. :p

Hm, let's see...

I use Scrafty because he's awesome and unexpected, Togekiss because its design is awesome and it's a flinchhaxx machine, Scizor because STAB Technician Choice Band Bullet Punch is too good, Espeon because it's a cute bruiser, Rampardos because screw you, and Cloyster because I need to feed on the salty tears of children to survive.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair Kingdra, Cresselia and Hitmontop are all UU, so at least those people were original. :p

Smogon also doesn't rate Pokémon for double battles which is completely different kettle of fish.

For one thing Cresslia and Hitmontop are mega popular in the format.

Hm, let's see...

I use Scrafty because he's awesome and unexpected, Togekiss because its design is awesome and it's a flinchhaxx machine, Scizor because STAB Technician Choice Band Bullet Punch is too good, Espeon because it's a cute bruiser, Rampardos because screw you, and Cloyster because I need to feed on the salty tears of children to survive.

See, you and I could make teams that would match up nicely in a singles battle.

You have 3 from the OU tier, 2 from UU, and 1 from NU. One of my current favorite teams is 3 OU, 1 UU, 1 RU, and 1 NU.

Brock didn't have a single rock move. All it takes is maybe a potion + repeated Ember! As long as you're Level 10ish and have a backup Pokemon you should be good.
Bide is a pain in the ass though until you realize you should just use growl/tail whip while he does that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hydreigon is the worst.

The only good thing to come from it was this

2MSa4.jpg

Stage On

It's funny but I never had a problem with Brock despite starting with Charmander.

I simply caught a Caterpie leveled it up until it evolved into Butterfree which doesn't take long and then Confused Brock's Pokemon into submission.

Yellow is even easier since you can catch Mankey before the first gym.

MikeMyers

You mean it's a bit lazy...is what I'm guessing.

My top 3 worst designs for starters would have to go:

Infernape
Pignition
Blaziken

Yea, there's a theme going here.

The Fire starters have gotten boring, quit adding a Fighting sub-type to it.

Charizard is fucking awesome though.

MikeMyers

I like Torterra the best of the Sinnoh Starters. Rock Polish / Crunch / Grass Knot / Earthquake is pretty fun against the Elite 4 in Platinum as well.

MikeMyers

I like Charmeleon. I remember marking out when Ash's Charmander evolved, but then they made it into Charizard like 2 episodes later. Coulda given Charmeleon more screen time.

Top Bottom