• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/tyranitar.jpg[img]

TYNRANITAR DOES NOT FEAR SOLARBEAM

[SPOILER]Venusaur gets Chlorophyll now, by the way[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

He'll fear Leaf Storm, though. I actually noticed Chlorophyll, the Dream World has added so many awesome abilities to Pokemon. I think after I complete my second run of HGSS I'll use action replay to infinite the TMs and give Venusaur/Ninetails their abilities from Black and White so I can have it in my favorite version as well.

MikeMyers

He'll fear Leaf Storm, though. I actually noticed Chlorophyll, the Dream World has added so many awesome abilities to Pokemon. I think after I complete my second run of HGSS I'll use action replay to infinite the TMs and give Venusaur/Ninetails their abilities from Black and White so I can have it in my favorite version as well.

What set are you going to use? Having SolarBeam and Leaf Storm seems kinda odd for Venusaur.

Kokonoe

Banned
What set are you going to use? Having SolarBeam and Leaf Storm seems kinda odd for Venusaur.

That's going to be my fun set, I surely wouldn't take Lilligant into competitive OU battles(gonna use it on my grass team). Kinda interested in using Pokemon that only spawn weather too, sounds fun.

I must now endeavor to build this team.

MbLLb.jpg

Y0Au2.jpg

MikeMyers

I might do a Kanto run with just fire types. Charizard/Flareon/Arcanine/Ninetails/Magmar/Rapidash

That's going to be my fun set, I surely wouldn't take Lilligant into competitive OU battles(gonna use it on my grass team). Kinda interested in using Pokemon that only spawn weather too, sounds fun.

I mean what moves?

I'd suggest at least Sludge Bomb on there as well.

Kokonoe

Banned
I might do a Kanto run with just fire types. Charizard/Flareon/Arcanine/Ninetails/Magmar/Moltres

I mean what moves?

I'd suggest at least Sludge Bomb on there as well.

Hmm, if my Venusaur has hidden power fire I might add that(doubt it). I definitely would use Growth, but maybe I should use Sludge Bomb. Haven't used Sludge Bomb much except for the days of GSC where I would one shot Mewtwo with Tentracruel in matchups.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Meh. Used my Master Ball on Latios in Ruby

Oh yeaaaah.

I remember I wanted to do this in Ruby but my asshole cousin SO PLAINLY stole my master ball.

I mean seriously, my game case was opened with out me knowing, he was in the bathroom for a long ass time, he "found my game" under the couch all of the sudden (slight of hand!) and when I restarted the game not only was my master ball gone but one of my many Spheals were too (I totally counted how many I had beforehand).

I wanted to kick his ass for this for so long.

He finally admitted it like 2 years ago.

man fuck him

Kokonoe

Banned
I just caught a Sudowoodo 30 minutes ago as I'm currently playing HeartGold. Not sure if I like Bonsly more, though.

I don't remember, I think I wanted a Walrein cause it looked cool but then I saw Spheal looked cute so I just made a bunch of those.

Hahaha. It's a shame ice Pokemon get the short end of the deal when it comes to weaknesses.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
On today's episode, character development! Iris slightly gets over her fear of ice types, and her out-of-nowhere rival actually shows a side that isn't "100% asshole"

Two weeks to Roxie.

Kokonoe

Banned
Found another sprite mistake.

hipXY.png

The bag is on the front regardless if you go left or right, so the sprite was just inverted. However, when you move up and down, the bag stays on the correct side.

You guys keep bringing up fire types and keep leaving out Magcargo!

tumblr_madbhsXUM71r6jc31o1_500.jpg

Aki, my Magcargo in my current run of Heart Gold, is such a fun Pokemon to use.

tumblr_m50iwk1HqX1qj304jo1_400.jpg

Rock Slide, Lava Plume, Fire Blast and Recover. Soooo goood.

tumblr_m5wi0jA9Rm1qik1e5o1_500.png

Found another sprite mistake.

hipXY.png

The bag is on the front regardless if you go left or right, so the sprite was just inverted. However, when you move up and down, the bag stays on the correct side.

It's a Generation IV sprite sheet. Character sprites in that game were always asymmetrical.

zroid

Banned
Oh yeaaaah.

I remember I wanted to do this in Ruby but my asshole cousin SO PLAINLY stole my master ball.

I mean seriously, my game case was opened with out me knowing, he was in the bathroom for a long ass time, he "found my game" under the couch all of the sudden (slight of hand!) and when I restarted the game not only was my master ball gone but one of my many Spheals were too (I totally counted how many I had beforehand).

I wanted to kick his ass for this for so long.

He finally admitted it like 2 years ago.

man fuck him

bahahaha
I'm sorry :(

Tyranitar may not fear Solarbeam, but I've had many opponents immediately switch out once I used Rain Dance instead of switching. People to this day still never predict it.

MikeMyers

Special Attack of the Psuedo's
Dragonite: 100
Tyranitar: 95
Salamence: 110
Metagross: 95
Garchomp: 80

I left off Hydregion as hes mostly a Special Attacker anyway.

It can do that? I thought Rain just guaranteed it hit or am I missing something else here in your equation professor?

Politoed is weak to electric, so a Thunder does 2x the usual.

MikeMyers

Even though he's slow as molasses? Or do people get around that by just using Trick Room?

Well in Gen 3 I remember most people using Dragon Dance on him, but now with priority moves being common DDTar isn't really viable anymore.

In Gen 4 I remember most people using Choice Scarf on him to boost his Speed.

Gen 5 Tyranitar's seem to focus more on Bulk so he can outlive Politoed/Ninteails and Sandstream becomes the permanent weather of the battle. And Tyranitar has the stats to survive a lot of hits, especially on the Special Side. Just watch out for Fighting moves.

Well in Gen 3 I remember most people using Dragon Dance on him, but now with priority moves being common DDTar isn't really viable anymore.

In Gen 4 I remember most people using Choice Scarf on him to boost his Speed.

Gen 5 Tyranitar's seem to focus more on Bulk so he can outlive Politoed/Ninteails and Sandstream becomes the permanent weather of the battle. And Tyranitar has the stats to survive a lot of hits, especially on the Special Side. Just watch out for Fighting moves.

Why would he need to outlive Ninetails? Or is it because people use Solarbeam with Ninetails?

MikeMyers

Why would he need to outlive Ninetails? Or is it because people use Solarbeam with Ninetails?

Whenever Ninetails is switched in, the Sun is summoned and the Sandstream disappears. But once Ninetails dies off, you can send Tyranitar back in and the Sandstream will be active for the rest of the match.

I didn't realise the new Kyurem forms are gotten by
literally fusing together Kyurem and 'rom/'ram.
That's a bit too weird for me. I assume the plot explains it?

Top Bottom