• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

FWIW, BD, I thought it was an incredibly ridiculous overreaction to something that wasn't even offensive as well.

Also, apparently no one here plays hacks. Him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
FWIW, BD, I thought it was an incredibly ridiculous overreaction to something that wasn't even offensive as well.

I always knew you were a furry.

I agree though, that picture was totally harmless and not sexualized in any way.

@Keru: 4-picture comic:

Pic1: mewtwo gives genesect friendly kiss on forehead
Pic2: genesect asks if it's live
Pic3: mewtwo says just friends
Pic4 mutual awkwardness

The pics were super harmless drawings, too. Nothing sexualized.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, none as they're all shit, Snivy, Froakie for Gens I-VI respectively. Reptiles and Amphibians up in here, brah.

Village

I always knew you were a furry.

I agree though, that picture was totally harmless and not sexualized in any way.

@Keru: 4-picture comic:

Pic1: mewtwo gives genesect friendly kiss on forehead
Pic2: genesect asks if it's live
Pic3: mewtwo says just friends
Pic4 mutual awkwardness

The pics were super harmless drawings, too. Nothing sexualized.

remind me never to take pokegaf to a museum

Anyways thought , usually Pokemon games have the combined better version of the part 2 version in B/W case. What if in the next game, if you I dunno transferred some Pokemon over, or someone how got the newer game to know of your older game. You could fight the trainer that you made in previous game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gen 1: Squirtle even though I think Bulbasaur line is better in design
Gen 2: Cyndaquil even though I think Totodile is more functional
Gen 3: Torchic even though Grovyle is the best looking of all the nine forms
Gen 4: Turtwig (World Turtle reference) even though Infernape is more functional
Gen 5: Oshawott although Snivy has the better looks before final evolution

I'm still #teamchespin though

Boss Doggie, it's bad enough having to see your avatar; never mind anything else. You know that images like that are going to annoy people. Sure, some elements may not be that bad in a certain context, but the context in which they are currently is when you post them. Given your image post history, that's suddenly not a great context to be posting such images in.

But the context only works on me if it's muscle stuff :p

I don't even hate you man, but you can't possible be this dense.

How is it dense tho?

Yeah. But I guess I understand, the mod action made everyone... hmm not paranoid, I guess cautious. There seems to be a lack of image posting lately after that.

And I don't though I heard BW2 hacks are really good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Shinyspin?

1376937874904jeym1.jpg

1376939372770pcx04.jpg

Best starter of each gen...

Looks like I'm going to re-tread a bunch of things today...

The first generation... I've always had a special fondness for... uh... er... Pikachu. Nothing else comes close. Others are... well, shall I say... not cute enough.

Second generation? I can't exactly pick between plushy Cyndaquil and naughty Totodile. Totodile eventually evolving to a walking alligator helps a lot, too, but Typhlosion is soooooo cute.

I can haz Mudkipz?

It's Turtwig, Turtwig all the way...

I had a strange daydream about Servine, or, more accurately, a some kinda Servine that's super-shy, talks, and is apparently somewhat man-like.

Chespinator must be awesome.

Has anyone removed the colour tint on the screen to see whether it's the real shiny colours?

Favorite starters huh.

Gen 1: Squirtle. Blastoooooise.
Gen 2: Totodile. Feraligatr man, just look at him.
Gen 3: Mudkip. Swampert is awesome.
Gen 4: Turtwig. Torterra is an Ankylosauros which is cool.
Gen 5: Oshawott. Samurott has seamitars man.
Gen 6. Froakie so far.

I'm noticing a definite preference for Water starters. I mostly base my preferences on the last evolution though, so gen 6 is still undecided. Still, big chance it's going to be Froakie, I can't imagine not liking a Ninja Frog. Maybe Chespin is going to take his place though. Who knows.

Quest1

I'm playing the Light Platinum hack on my phone and its okay. Everyone said it was one of the best and to me it seems kinda unpolished. Definitely felt fan-made.

As far as best starters per Generation goes:
Gen 1: Charmander - Because Charmeleon, though I do like all of them. Not to sound like a Genwunner, but the starters here are the best class, imo.
Gen 2: Totodile - He's the best out of a weak class, but lately Typhlosion has been growing on me. I hope he and Feraligatr both get a mega.
Gen 3: Treecko - Sceptile is useful and strong, and Grovyle looks like a badass. I never like Blaziken's design and no, I do not liek Mudkipz.
Gen 4: Turtwig - Another kinda weak class, though the fully evolved forms are all pretty nice. Just preferred the way Torterra looked compared to the others.
Gen 5: ... Tepig... I guess. - Okay, I think Gen 5 has the worst batch of starters. This was the first time through both games that the fully evolved starter wasn't on my Elite 4 team.
Gen 6: Chespin - The verdict is still out since it's early, but right now the hedgehog with a hat is in the lead. I can't imagine what Fennekin can turn into without it looking like Ninetales and Froakie's evos can go either way. Still, based purely on the starters' first forms alone, Gen 6 has one of the strongest overall showings.

Tusk

It is blue-tinted as well. Blue on red is just less obvious than blue on green.

Well, even if it's a blue tint. It wouldn't change Chespins color that much. Comparing it to other pics, it does look like a shiny. Like, the grass would be just as blue as chespins head.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, even if it's a blue tint. It wouldn't change Chespins color that much. Comparing it to other pics, it does look like a shiny. Like, the grass would be just as blue as chespins head.

Somebody needs to go detective/photoshop-GAF on this and check the RGB-change of chespin-fennekin-grass-trees with regards to blue between that pic and a stock pic. My money is on a generap blue tint.

qq more

Oh... forgot to list my fav Starters from each Gen

1: Squirtle
2: Totodile
3: Treecko
4: Piplup
5: Snivy
6: ..Froakie or Chespin...? Hmmm...

Ellix

Favourite from starters:

Gen 1: Squirtle, definitely. Blastoise was my favourite for a good while.
Gen 2: Cyndaquil! I know Typhlosion is more plain-looking compared to others but he's still my favourite.
Gen 3: Treecko, relatively, because I'm not a fan of the other two.
Gen 4: Chimchar. Infernape is okay with me.
Gen 5: Uhh none. First gen where playthrough final team didn't have a starter. I'll settle with Oshawott.
Gen 6: Reserving judgment, but I like all of their designs so that's a good sign.

I prefer to decide via final evo forms since you're stuck with them the longest. It seems I don't really have a type preference for starters after all.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, new more important starters discussion: best to worst gen, but starters only.

Gen 1 > Gen 3 = Gen 6 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4

Gen 6 and Gen 4 are tentatively equal until I see the final forms.

Okay, new more important starters discussion: best to worst gen, but starters only.

Gen 1 > Gen 3 = Gen 6 > Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4

Gen 6 and Gen 4 are tentatively equal until I see the final forms.

Gen 2 > Gen 3 > Gen 1 > Gen 6 > Gen 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gen 5

DaBoss

Easy.

Gen 4 > Gen 1 = Gen 3 >> Gen 2 >>>>> Gen 5

Since I didn't do the starter from each Gen.

Gen 1: Charmander
Gen 2: Tododile
Gen 3: Torchic
Gen 4: Piplup
Gen 5: Oshawott
Gen 6: remains to be seen until I see each of the evolutions for the starters

Top Bottom