• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Izayoi

Banned
37670765iyut2.png

Hi.

Toxi

Banned
How is there still no Velociraptor or T-Rex Pokemon?
Because if there was, we wouldn't be anticipating a T. rex or Velociraptor Pokemon. I'm still waiting for a Pokemon based on a mantis shrimp.

Personally, I'd love a Rock/Dragon T. rex with a ludicrously big head and mouth. Make it a bulky sort of Pokemon with low speed but higher defenses and attack, ala Rhydon. Give it moves related to eating and biting, and maybe an ability that restores health whenever it scores a hit with a biting attack.

A dromeosaur would be Rock/Dark or Rock/Fighting (A reference to the fighting dinosaurs); I'd imagine it being obscenely fast with decent attack and crappy defenses, although actual raptors would probably have huge attack and mediocre speed with priority moves. Give it some Dark attacks to reflect cunning and opportunism; Sucker Punch is a necessity. Make sure it's nice and feathery; you can even give it Brave Bird for extra power and coverage.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a fossil Pokemon that focused on special attack, since Omastar is the only one so far.

Because if there was, we wouldn't be anticipating a T. rex or Velociraptor Pokemon. I'm still waiting for a Pokemon based on a mantis shrimp.

Personally, I'd love a Rock/Dragon T. rex with a ludicrously big head and mouth. Make it a bulky sort of Pokemon with low speed but higher defenses and attack, ala Rhydon. Give it moves related to eating and biting, and maybe an ability that restores health whenever it scores a hit with a biting attack.

A dromeosaur would be Rock/Dark or Rock/Fighting (A reference to the fighting dinosaurs); I'd imagine it being obscenely fast with decent attack and crappy defenses, although actual raptors would probably have huge attack and mediocre speed with priority moves. Give it some Dark attacks to reflect cunning and opportunism; Sucker Punch is a necessity. Make sure it's nice and feathery; you can even give it Brave Bird for extra power and coverage.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a fossil Pokemon that focused on special attack, since Omastar is the only one so far.
WHY DID YOU CHANGE YOUR AVATAR BACK?

TrueBlue

Haha, Pokkén Fighters sounds like a great title, definitely intrigued.

Gonna ask again since I didn't get an answer: Is it worth getting B2/W2 at this point? Really enjoyed the first one, but I don't want to burn out before X/Y :/

Refyref

Haha, Pokkén Fighters sounds like a great title, definitely intrigued.

Gonna ask again since I didn't get an answer: Is it worth getting B2/W2 at this point? Really enjoyed the first one, but I don't want to burn out before X/Y :/

If you have a doubt of burning out, I'd say wait for X/Y.

Kokonoe

Banned
Bulbasaur is #001 for a reason.

Although it is actually #2 or 3 in my favorite Pokemon list, but still.

Actually, I'm the same way.

10. Jigglypuff
9. Snorlax
8. Groudon
7. Milotic
6. Shadow Lugia
5. Charizard
4. Venusaur
3. Bulbasaur
1./2. (undecided) Mewtwo and Rayquaza

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
General Pokemon rating?

1. Braviary
2. Golurk
3. Genesect
4. Scizor
5. Joltik
6. Blaziken
7. Noivern
8. Arcanine
9. Grovyle
10. Venusaur

Village

bacqbvO.png

Pokedex order instead of any preference because I'm not one for playing favourites amongst favourites.

*Liking Pimp Bird.*

You are alright.

Anyways.
Lucario
Dusknoir
Gengar
Golurk
Pimp Bird
Infernape
Metagross
Electravire
Lampert
Milotic

* special legendary mention Giritina

Caladrius

From most favorite downward.
Giratina (Origin form)
Typhlosion
Gallade
White Kyurem
Starmie
Golurk
Deoxys
Dunsparce
Kabutops
Aggron

mention: Mega Mawile

EDIT: I just noticed I picked exactly 2 from every previous generation. Heh.

Quest1

Arcanine
Jolteon
Gengar
Charmeleon
Umbreon
Gyarados
Carracosta
Salamence
Electivire
Dragonair

Edit: I'd play the hell out of a Pokemon fighting game. Two of my favorite pastimes mashed together. Plus, it would be sick to use Hitmonlee.

qq more

1. Flareon
2. Flareon
3. Flareon
4. Flareon
5. Flareon
6. Flareon
7. Flareon
8. Flareon
9. Flareon
10. Flareon
9999999999999999999999. Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo

Busaiku

Is this the most amount of next gen Pokemon that have shown up in the current gen cartoon?
Like most of the revealed Pokemon have been on the show already.

Jesus, I have to pick 10 out of 649?

In no particular order:
Weavile
Honchkrow
Milotic
Typhlosion
Tyranitar
Ampharos
Porygon Z
Chandelure
Kingdra
Gengar

Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Treecko
Sinnoh: Turtwig
Unova: Oshawott
Kalos: Fennekin

II > III > I > V > IV

I'm not putting VI in till I know the full evo lines.

I chose my favourite Pokemon awhile back.

Code:
|     RBY     |     GSC     |     RSE     |     DPPL     |     BW2     |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PJPgagY.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5KgeGyw.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ou9y8Zr.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ihqmZKb.png[/IMG]  [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tyB4GBa.png[/IMG]
Only the best Pokemon of course.

Anura

1. Flareon
2. Flareon
3. Flareon
4. Flareon
5. Flareon
6. Flareon
7. Flareon
8. Flareon
9. Flareon
10. Flareon
9999999999999999999999. Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo

Listen I won't avatar quote you this time
But I am going to let you go with a warning

Seibmoz

About to pick up either black/white or black2/white2. My question to gaf is what are the pros and cons for each game. Also which is better black city or the white forest?

Toxi

Banned
Sorry for switching avatars, but I like my wolf spider face. :-(

Random thought: People don't seem to realize what the Therian formes of the genie trio are based on. They think Thunderus-t is a dragon and Landorus-t is a tiger. However, it's pretty clear they're based on the trio of animal companions from the Momotaro story. Tornadus-t is the pheasant, Thundurus-t is the monkey, and Landorus-t is the dog.

As for favorite Pokes...

1. Galvantula
2. Weezing
3. Magcargo
4. Darmanitan
5. Golurk
6. All the Regis
7. Sharpedo
8. Vanilluxe
9. Zapdos
10. Vespiquen

Wilbur

Banned
Favourite Pokes? Hmmmm.

1. Arcanine
2. Braviary
3. Aggron
4. Electabuzz
5. Flygon
6. Empoleon
7. Poliwrath
8. Torkoal
9. Granbull
10. Toxicroak

Macka

6.png
9.png
59.png
94.png
196.png

160.png
38.png
466.png
208.png
24.png

At the moment that's how I'd put my top ten, but it changes every so often. I have about 30 favourite Pokemon and go through phases of liking certain ones.

Yes I am able to connect with people.

For BW1 - If you have people with White who you can connect IRL with then Black City's superior 'cuz items.

For BW2 it only makes a huge difference if you don't have someone with the opposite version to get keys from. Go Black 2 if you can't get other people's keys. Otherwise it doesn't matter too much.

I would go BW2 over BW1, BTW - I'd say it's a better game overall, especially if you want post-game content - BW2 has a lot more post-game content.

Firestorm

I'd just wait until XY to be honest unless you're looking to enter a tournament this fall or something. No use burning yourself out on Pokemon before the big release!

Top Bottom