• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

backlot

Question for anybody who remembers.

I'm still not sure which version I'll end up getting, I don't know if it happened or not but before with Black/White 1/2 did we know all the version differences or did we have to wait for the games to come out to find out these things?

EDIT: Broakie being the fast one? Just cements him being the best starter this gen. Aw yeah water.

We knew because they had come out in Japan first. I remember that until Japanese players got B/W everyone thought that Iris was just a character in the anime.

I think I must be crazy, because this wild idea of trying to get all the pokemon on my Black 2 game so that I can just be current going forward has been with me for a while. I have soul silver and black 2. I have an app that can create any pokemon on my cell phone, but that made me realize just how badly I wanted to catch the ones I could on my own. I don't know how far I'll be able to take it with just the two games, but it's made Pokemon exciting for me again. I guess that's all I can ask for.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Erm, there's nothing lewd about that pic. At all o_O

Are we so prude that a friendly kiss to the forehead is bad now?

Boss Doggie

I dunno, I honestly think a bunch of topics in OT are far more "lewd" than that. Really, one kissing to the forehead, the other thinking it's "love", then back to the one saying it's not love but just a friendly gesture ultimately breaking that other one's feelings is very, very tame.

I dunno, I honestly think a bunch of topics in OT are far more "lewd" than that. Really, one kissing to the forehead, the other thinking it's "love", then back to the one saying it's not love but just a friendly gesture ultimately breaking that other one's feelings is very, very tame.

You got your reaction, so just drop it.

Busaiku

Yeah but Turtwig and Piplup are cooler.
I guess Typhlosion was alright, but then again, the 2nd gen starters are all lame in general.

I guess Typhlosion was alright, but then again, the 2nd gen starters are all lame in general.

I have to disagree, Totodile was the coolest looking starter and he evolved into a killah, Turtwig and Piplup were cool but Turtwig evolved into a guy who got a 4x weakness to ice. Piplup did turn into a boss penguin but it seemed like EVERYONE and their mother had Earthquake and well...goodbye Napoleguin.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
3g5NHUq.png

Boss Doggie

Why have Fire starters, relative to the others, been lame since Charmander.

You mean the other way around. :p

It all depends on the culture in question. When in doubt, assume a very prudish folk.

I just find the prudeness weird. Apparently a light romantic comedy image (which doesn't even have sexual tones at all) is more damning than an image banner with ass defined complete with a Torkoal ogling it at it, according to this thread. Is it an American thing?

In hindsight it feels like I shouldn't drop it at all.
I'm gonna need a reason to not report your ass, BossDoggie.
ugh why dude
Dude, what's literally the first thing you see upon reading the OP?
Take the comics elsewhere please.
It's suggestive enough. Thread already is on some sort of probation, it's better to just take it to IRC.

Makes you wonder what image did they see at all. It's as suggestive as seeing a mom kissing her daughter to the forehead.

Boss Doggie

You knew exactly what you were doing posting that image, especially after Stump came in here once already. Stop playing dumb.

I'm going to bed.

Yes I am, I was sharing a rather hilarious sets of image with the punchline that it's coming from a rather inexpressive robot bug. Or is patting one's head or hugging considered a sexual undertone nowadays?

Boss Doggie

Considering your history of posting images, why shouldn't people be curious about your intent?

I keep it only in Furry GAF where it's somewhat allowed.

The only stuff I posted stuff (i.e. muscle) pics here was during Christmas where everyone and their Pikachu was drunk due to Christmas eggnog.

Quest1

Totodile is clearly the best of the 2nd gen starters, but I'm with you, none of them are really amazing. And Chikorita is one of my least favorite starters throughout.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Boss Doggie, it's bad enough having to see your avatar; never mind anything else. You know that images like that are going to annoy people. Sure, some elements may not be that bad in a certain context, but the context in which they are currently is when you post them. Given your image post history, that's suddenly not a great context to be posting such images in.

Macka

Best starter of each gen?

Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Totodile
Hoenn: Torchic
Sinnoh: Piplup
Unova: Snivy
Kalos: Chespin

Huh, I have two of each type :)

Aggrotek

Kanto: Charmander
Unova: Snivy

Huh, I have two of each type :)

Kanto: Squirtle
Hoenn: Treecko
Unova: Oshawott

clemenx

Banned

Johto: Cyndaquil
Unova: Oshawott
Kalos: Froakie

I seem to hate grass type :(

Toxi

Banned
My favorites

Johto: Chikorita because it's a dinosaur and dinosaurs are cool
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Chimchar because it's a monkey and monkeys are cool
Unova: Snivy, but they all are pretty lame
Kalos: Froakie

Hoenn has the coolest starters, Unova has the lamers.

Gen 1: Squirtle because he evolves into a total boss with cannons.
Gen 2: Totodile because his base form is great and he evolves into a killah
Gen 3: Torchic...I'm not super fond of his final form but he's pretty powerful and I really liked Combusken.
Gen 4: Chimchar because he evolves into one of the best Pokemon ever in Monferno and he's really powerful. Shame he can't take a hit.
Gen 5: I guess Fire Pig, Fire Pig, does whatever a Fire Pig can do.
Gen 6: Fennekin...I like its design the most and it seems like it has the potential to evolve into a mystically powerful fox of fire...firefox...we already have a Nine Tails Pokemon so the potential for more Naruto jokes is out, alas.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
USA people, don't forget to get your Shiny Dialga from today

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Google search tells me I have to actually go by a gamestop? Not via ingame-gift?

... Does this apply to Canada as well?

Gen 1: Squirtle, because he really was my "starter"
Gen 2: Cyndaquil, flame wheels everywhere
Gen 3: Mudkip, Water/Ground is such a good typing
Gen 4: Chimchar
Gen 5: Snivy (I'm starting to worry about contary serperior ever seeing release)
Gen 6: Froakie, the water bending promotional shot kinda won me over. The potential Water/Fighting typing as well.

Zelias

Banned
Johto: Totodile (I like all the gen2 starters though, but Totodile is my favourite starter overall)
Hoenn: Mudkip
Unova: Snivy (only gen5 starter I like)
Kalos: Fennekin

PK Gaming

You mean the other way around. :p

I just find the prudeness weird. Apparently a light romantic comedy image (which doesn't even have sexual tones at all) is more damning than an image banner with ass defined complete with a Torkoal ogling it at it, according to this thread. Is it an American thing?

In hindsight it feels like I shouldn't drop it at all.

Makes you wonder what image did they see at all. It's as suggestive as seeing a mom kissing her daughter to the forehead.

I don't even hate you man, but you can't possible be this dense.

ffdgh

Gen 1 charizard...generic I know.
Gen 2 totodile. I blame the anime.
Gen 3 tie between sectile and blaziken. Swampert is ugly...
Gen 4....truthfully I'm not a fan of any of them like that.
Gen 5 serperior is superior.
Gen 6 chespin for being adorkable.

Caladrius

Gen 1: Bulbasaur because no one loves Venusaur besides me.
Gen 2: Cyndaquil. My first pokemon and has two of my favorite evolved forms, which are boss enough to share a rare move with Groudon (Eruption)
3. Mudkip. Water/Ground for life.
4. Piplup: It's evolved form has one of the most interesting type combinations and is friggin' Napoleon.
5. Snivy. It was the only line where I liked both the initial and final forms. That and contrary.
6. Froakie because NINJA FROG.

Top Bottom