• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Firestorm

How common is it nowadays to use a deck with no basic energy, like 2nd place seems to be doing?
The only decks that really do that are Plasma variants and Gothitelle/Accelgor. The Goth deck just runs 4 DCE and nothing else. Some Plasma decks actually run a few basic energy cards to help keep it on board against decks that play Enhanced Hammer or Cobalion EX (they discard special energy).

Sats

Banned
I wish there was a bigger competitive scene for not perfect Pokemon.

I like catching a Pokemon and training it and battling with it. All that IV crap bores me though.

I wish it was more like the anime in that sense, where you might actually have a chance of winning.

backlot

I like catching a Pokemon and training it and battling with it. All that IV crap bores me though.

I wish it was more like the anime in that sense, where you might actually have a chance of winning.

It would never work. How could you come up with concrete rules for that?

Back when DP came out, the guys at somethingawful held weekly tourneys and one of them was with pokemon you would receive as eggs with random IVs. You had to train them to get all the moves you wanted and evolve them (if possible). T'was pretty fun.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Let's just talk about XY or Pokemon in general.

Hmm...

Ah!

Seems like Pokemon-amie can affect what your trainer says during fights.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well that was a fun episode. Gogoat apparently can learn the person's feelings when they hold his horns. And it can scale mountains.

ALSO FUCK YEAH RAYQUAZA AND BROCK!
1377167317739qej8z.jpg

Wait, really?
Example?

Pokemon almost crying because its in a pinch, etc.

It's pretty much stuff like GO SYLVEON! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT etc.

Makes me wonder about Pokémon that hate you and whether they get seperate text as well.

Not quite sure if this question has been asked yet (probably has) but What Pokémon would you like to see Mega Evolutions for and how do you feel about the current ones?

I think Mega Blaziken is completely overkill (regular Blaziken was a bit overkill in Gen 5 to begin with) and I really want to see Mega Dragonite just for the hold item.

I can see MegaPikachu happening. It would add something new to the anime and it could somewhat difficult to have in the game, like Volt Tackle.

Cervantes3

Neo Member

Here, I've got an easy fix for the perfect IVs problem:

Nintendo distributes a Ditto with 31's in all of its stats, and it has a special held item that makes it so the Pokemon holding it transfers all of its IVs to its children when breeding, but it only works on Ditto.

Not quite sure if this question has been asked yet (probably has) but What Pokémon would you like to see Mega Evolutions for and how do you feel about the current ones?

I think Mega Blaziken is completely overkill (regular Blaziken was a bit overkill in Gen 5 to begin with) and I really want to see Mega Dragonite just for the hold item.

I like all of the Megas revealed so far and would like Scrafty to get a Mega evolution because look at my username.

Macka

Nintendo distributes a Ditto with 31's in all of its stats, and it has a special held item that makes it so the Pokemon holding it transfers all of its IVs to its children when breeding, but it only works on Ditto.
If you want egg moves you can't use ditto straight away, so you'd still have people complaining that it's too hard or takes too long.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well that was a fun episode. Gogoat apparently can learn the person's feelings when they hold his horns. And it can scale mountains.

ALSO FUCK YEAH RAYQUAZA AND BROCK!.

Also looks like Iris might get (or borrow) Ash's Gible, plus there's a cool scene where all of Ash's Unova Team is attacking at once.

The XY Anime Trailer is pretty cool, we see a lot of Froakie so it makes me wonder if they're gonna have him be Ash's main Starter. One scene also shows Alexa, Clemont, and his sister in the background watching Ash battle...I hope that's not his traveling group, seems boring.

Top Bottom