• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

BlwHGL7.jpg

Looks like Alexa, Clemont and Bonnie are watching Ash's match with Froakie.

Also looks like Iris might get (or borrow) Ash's Gible, plus there's a cool scene where all of Ash's Unova Team is attacking at once.

The XY Anime Trailer is pretty cool, we see a lot of Froakie so it makes me wonder if they're gonna have him be Ash's main Starter. One scene also shows Alexa, Clemont, and his sister in the background watching Ash battle...I hope that's not his traveling group, seems boring.

There is zero evidence that it Ash's Gible...all we know is that she's holding a male Gible. What makes it Ash's?

Quest1

I know its completely up in the air at this point, but how many Megas do you think we're gonna have access to through the initial run through of the game. I know they'll release more as event pokemon, but aside from MBlaziken and the others revealed (maybe), how many more are we gonna be able to have?

Mega Tyranitar, Metagross and Kingdra? Those are already some of the best in the game though. I'd like to see a Mega Arbok or Houndoom, two of my favourites that I haven't had much luck with playing online. Mega Scrafty might be pretty cool too. Give him some rad tribal tattoos or something. Like Mega Jigglypuff.

Bigglypuff_zpsba573af4.png

I want Mega Kingdra, Mega Togekiss, Mega Scizor, Mega Regice, and Mega Pichu. Mega Pichu keeps the mitten hands but the thumbs become blades. He's essentially Edward Elric but in Pokemon form.

JoeM86

I just got sent this. Apparently a shiny Flabébé in Gamescom

Ok4kdE0.jpg

Not seeing much difference, but the bottom seems to be purple.

Charm is also allegedly a Fairy-type move now

fates

Replace all 6 nipples with spikes. Or just use the Persona 3 redesign.

That wasn't a Persona redesign. Satan was a boss in Digital Devil Saga 2, and Persona 3 took the model from that.

It also wasn't a redesign so much as it was graphical limitation/laziness I guess.

Refyref

That wasn't a Persona redesign. Satan was a boss in Digital Devil Saga 2, and Persona 3 took the model from that.

It also wasn't a redesign so much as it was graphical limitation/laziness I guess.

It technically wasn't a "redesign" because it was the exact same design as SMT 2's, but censored. Given that the in-game sprite in SMT 2 was also censored, there was nothing new there.

EDIT: I just checked, for some reason, Devil Survivor 2 changes it back to the uncensored version... In-game too. Never knew that.

Seibmoz

Any word on post game dlc support this time? I would love for them to add each region so I can revisit some old childhood memories in glorious 3D!

JoeM86

Any word on post game dlc support this time? I would love for them to add each region so I can revisit some old childhood memories in glorious 3D!

Nintendo and their first/second parties have policies on DLC. It can only be done after release of the game.

Also, Junichi Masuda is against paid DLC, so don't get your hopes up.

Adding a new region would take so much work that they'd probably rather just do a remake so they can charge significantly more.

Firestorm

Adding a new region would take so much work that they'd probably rather just do a remake so they can charge significantly more.
Considering people buy games that should be paid DLC in droves (like Battle Frontier), there's really no reason to release it as DLC when you can re-package it as a new $40 game.

Quest1

I'm definitely part of the problem but I'd totally buy the Hoenn remakes in the same style as X/Y.

That or the (completely fan speculated and unlikely) Red/Blue 2.

#believe

I'm definitely part of the problem but I'd totally buy the Hoenn remakes in the same style as X/Y.

That or the (completely fan speculated and unlikely) Red/Blue 2.

#believe

A. It isn't a problem, they could really use remakes
B. They should do sequels to Ruby and Sapphire instead.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm betting the majority of DLC is going to be clothing...but I'd really like outfits of old player characters, or even popular anime outfits like Ash's OG clothes and the TR outfit.

Of course, Pokemon's always kind of had DLC...like Event Pokemon. I bet a lot of Mega Pokemon are going to be Event Distributed this time around.

JoeM86

I'm betting the majority of DLC is going to be clothing...but I'd really like outfits of old player characters, or even popular anime outfits like Ash's OG clothes and the TR outfit.

Of course, Pokemon's always kind of had DLC...like Event Pokemon. I bet a lot of Mega Pokemon are going to be Event Distributed this time around.

Agreed. They'll certainly continue to distribute Pokémon, items etc. through Nintendo Network and the PGL. Clothing is probable too, I'm even looking forward to cataloguing them.

However, having entire new regions or new areas given via DLC, I don't see that happening.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be surprised if they remade RSE, because (bar a rather unexpected surprise), the original RSE are still compatible with XY, and you can shift Pokemon from RSE forward to XY. RG and GC were remade because that wasn't possible, thanks to the Gen 2-Gen 3 divide.

I'd be surprised if they remade RSE, because (bar a rather unexpected surprise), the original RSE are still compatible with XY, and you can shift Pokemon from RSE forward to XY. RG and GC were remade because that wasn't possible, thanks to the Gen 2-Gen 3 divide.

There's probably not going to be any technical reasons to necessitate Ruby/Sapphire remakes, but I can think of 12 million others that'll make it happen anyway.

qq more

I was going to say how much I hate when people call these games outdated but I'll stop before I get into an argument and just agree to disagree...

I was going to say how much I hate when people call these games outdated but I'll stop before I get into an argument and just agree to disagree...

They are still perfectly playable and fun, but so many changes have been made to Pokemon since that on the technical side they are outdated.

qq more

They are still perfectly playable and fun

Whew okay, I'm glad to hear that.

I've seen people rating older gens really really low (not directed at anyone, talking about the fandom in general) just because they're not the latest thing and it just bugs me. I apologize that I misinterpreted your post!

Whew okay, I'm glad to hear that.

I've seen people rating older gens really really low (not directed at anyone, talking about the fandom in general) just because they're not the latest thing and it just bugs me. I apologize that I misinterpreted your post!

Why let the fandom dictate your fun?

Macka

Do we know roughly how much it costs to develop the mainline Pokemon games? It'd be interesting to know just how much each gen has.made, profit wise.

I don't think there's a vid like this, but here's the demo with direct feed audio. Holy shit the music is so awesome!

OOO, Mewtwo's cry was remastered! I hope more Gen I and II Pokemon get remastered cries!
Do we know roughly how much it costs to develop the mainline Pokemon games? It'd be interesting to know just how much each gen has.made, profit wise.
I'd say anywhere from 5 million to 10 million for the games in recent years, maybe even less. X&Y no doubt have the largest budget of all the main games.

Top Bottom