• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

mhm... Contemplating doing the White 2 post-Elite 4 content.. I know there's quite a bit... will it give me any benefit for X/Y? Anything specifically you'd recommend doing to prepare for X/Y?

We don't even know if you'll be able to trade anything to it. Assuming we can:

Stock up on vitamins and held items from the world tournament.
Catch any of the Unova legends you haven't gotten to yet, since those are going to be the least likely to reappear. (Hell, catch all of them if you can, but those in particular are important.)
Make sure to put your lucky eggs, Rare and high-selling items onto your pokemon for transfer.
Nickname your Unova pokemon unless you plan on Breeding them in XY.
Delete Any HM moves on all your pokemon and get HM slaves you know you're not going to transfer.

I decided I would play gen 5 before gen 6 comes out. Bought white.

Oh good lord it is so good why did I skip it.... might even be tempted to do white 2 as well.

Got 6 badges. Its wonderful having entirely new monsters, and most of them are really good. Scraggy is the best thing. Oshawott is way more lovable than I expected. Even the fabled ice creams, trash bags, and gears look better in-game. Only design I actually dislike are the fire starter's evos.

It really hurts looking at all the event pokemon I missed across gens 4 and 5.......

Toxi

Banned
It really hurts looking at all the event pokemon I missed across gens 4 and 5.......
That's okay, most event Pokemon are lame anyway.

Except Deoxys, ;*(

Glad to see you're liking White, and I bet you're going to like it even more when you beat the game. I should warn you though, White 2 feels very "samey" after White when you reach the part between Castelia and Mistralton. I'd recommend playing a different Pokemon game before it so you don't experience fatigue.

Except Deoxys, ;*(

Glad to see you're liking White, and I bet you're going to like it even more when you beat the game. I should warn you though, White 2 feels very "samey" after White when you reach the part between Castelia and Mistralton. I'd recommend playing a different Pokemon game before it so you don't experience fatigue.

Oh I don't think I need to lament the gen 3 event pokemon. That gen I had a serious addiction to. So good. Blows my mind when people hate on it. I suddenly feel the need to check my ruby cartridge

Given college starts in a week, white will probs hold me til I buy a 3ds w x version.

So the early and late portions of b2w2 are noticeably different?

Caladrius

Oh I don't think I need to lament the gen 3 event pokemon. That gen I had a serious addiction to. So good. Blows my mind when people hate on it. I suddenly feel the need to check my ruby cartridge

Given college starts in a week, white will probs hold me til I buy a 3ds w x version.

So the early and late portions of b2w2 are noticeably different?

Yes. The endgame is very dfferent aside from the Elite 4 and W2 actually has substantive postgame content.(Lots of Gen 3 and 4 legends to catch, as well as Reshiram and Kyurem.)

Regiruler

I'm fine with most event pokemon as well as how their distributed. However, just giving it to us is lazy as hell. The last even pokemon giveaway that I enjoyed was victini as you actually have to do something for it.

The darkrai battle was one of my favorite legendary battles actually, with my favorite being the Platinum regigigas battle for having the level 1 twist, making it harder to kill without k.oing (yeah there's false swipe but what's the fun in that).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually the outlines of that shiny Fennekin make me think it's fake since it still has those yellow/brown tint.

I saw this image and thought Stage On in particular might like it.

1l6KlZf.png

http://pikalu.deviantart.com/art/Thunder-Aura-320621833

Also, PokéGAF should consider organizing something in the weeks after the X/Y release where we can battle each other using our first in-game Elite 4 Championship teams. Nobody bothers with EV/IV stuff on the first run through (or at least I hope), so it could be an easy way to get a ton of people involved that otherwise wouldn't bother with it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I saw this image and thought Stage On in particular might like it.

http://pikalu.deviantart.com/art/Thunder-Aura-320621833

Also, PokéGAF should consider organizing something in the weeks after the X/Y release where we can battle each other using our first in-game Elite 4 Championship teams. Nobody bothers with EV/IV stuff on the first run through (or at least I hope), so it could be an easy way to get a ton of people involved that otherwise wouldn't bother with it.

What about transferred stuff, if that's possible? Not sure that still makes for even ground...

What about transferred stuff, if that's possible? Not sure that still makes for even ground...

In the games so far, you can't transfer until after you beat the Elite 4. So even if you got something from a friend who already beat the game to use for your own playthrough, we could also make a clause such as "only Pokémon found in X/Y are allowed to participate."

I'm fine with most event pokemon as well as how their distributed. However, just giving it to us is lazy as hell. The last even pokemon giveaway that I enjoyed was victini as you actually have to do something for it.

The darkrai battle was one of my favorite legendary battles actually, with my favorite being the Platinum regigigas battle for having the level 1 twist, making it harder to kill without k.oing (yeah there's false swipe but what's the fun in that).

Yeah and also due to the catch rate, the Lv 1 Regigigas had a lower chance of being caught than the Lv 70 one.

Macka

If that is Froakie's shiny...it's amazing. Purple Fennekin is pretty cool too!

I'd love for the shiny colors to be re-evaluated this gen. The shinies that are just a slightly darker/lighter shade of the same colour suck. I'm looking at you Garchomp/Pikachu/Plusle, etc.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The prevalence of shinies in these demos is a bit odd. I can't remember any other pre-release demo people stumbling upon any shinies before the game's release. Is the shiny rate increased (in the demo?) or was it turned off in demos previous gens (unlikely) or are they demoing the game on a much bigger scale than before?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wish we could catch more Elfs, pokemon does not have enough of them.

I wonder what bag fucking is. Protagonist seems to enjoy bag fucking Elfs.

Best starter just keeps getting better; are the other two even trying?

18CJbfn.gif

The anime definitely enjoys Froakie alot. Obviously Ash's starter, but I wonder if he gets the others.

With that said I like how Chespin is also consistent with its animation on using leaves as pricks.

If that is Froakie's shiny...it's amazing. Purple Fennekin is pretty cool too!

I'd love for the shiny colors to be re-evaluated this gen. The shinies that are just a slightly darker/lighter shade of the same colour suck. I'm looking at you Garchomp/Pikachu/Plusle, etc.

I hope it's true, but apparently it leans to be fake, what with the outlines apparently being blue-ish.

Top Bottom