• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I would say that Mr. Mime was not that forgettable due to the one assisting Delia in the show. I'd use similar reasoning for Tauros (with Ash's herd).

And I think Kecleon was one of the first Gen 3 Pokemon to be shown off, so I can't forget him.

Played Gen V Pokemon with some peeps at school today. A couple other guys were playing Gen III, though. Regardless, Multibattles are ridiculously fun IRL so long as your teammate is at least attempting to cooperate with you.

P.S. This entire thing was spontaneous. Hooray for portability! \o/

Man I used a lot of the Pokemon listed in my teams as a kid. Tauros, Venomoth and Huntail were staples to my teams.

Golduck, Persian, and Primeape for me in gen 1.

Also if you want to confirm, go to Sporcle and play the 151 game. Whoever you leave out last is the most forgettable.

I don't consider any of Gen 1 forgettable because I spent too much time with it to forget any of them. Even Tangela.

Gen 4 has a ton of forgettable Pokemon for me, also because I didn't play DPP.

Anura

I would say that Mr. Mime was not that forgettable due to the one assisting Delia in the show. I'd use similar reasoning for Tauros (with Ash's herd).

And I think Kecleon was one of the first Gen 3 Pokemon to be shown off, so I can't forget him.

Tauros is so forgettable the English dub forgot to include the episode where he caught them all! Or you know... Guns or something

Tauros is so forgettable the English dub forgot to include the episode where he caught them all! Or you know... Guns or something

That made the herd of tauros twice as memorable for being so random and odd when it was referred to later. I didn't even realize til this post that there WAS a catching-them episode- the idea of ash using safari zone to boost his ego off-camera made too much comedic sense

Caelus

We are talking about surpassing this track. I don't think that's possible, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Potential. ;)

Gen 5's soundtrack was really surprising for me, though. Pokemon music has always been good but Black and White just had a really consistent number of catchy and melodic tunes. The trainer battle music is my favorite out of the whole series- it makes bug catchers badass. O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfP71MQusI

That made the herd of tauros twice as memorable for being so random and odd when it was referred to later. I didn't even realize til this post that there WAS a catching-them episode- the idea of ash using safari zone to boost his ego off-camera made too much comedic sense

0K5BMzs.png

Busaiku

The whole point of the unremarkable Pokemon is that you can't really say. It's that one you see when you look at the whole list from a gen and think "wait, what. I don't even remember that one...".

No, the thing is I remember the Unova Pokedex really well, as opposed to others (besides Kanto).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hell even if Basculin are useless they're pretty much hard to forget since you always encounter them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Any word on whether Pokemon from B/W2 will be transferable to X/Y?

Sunflora is the most forgotten Pokemon.

On a different note... Pokemon Amie will be supremely awesome for Nuzlocke challenges. Not only will it make you more attached to your Pokemon, that friendship will actually have an affect on your Pokemon's battling. ^-^

I know that feeling. Its why I never recommend buying the previous entry in the series when the next is so close to release. I skipped Generation 3 so I hadn't played a Pokemon game between 2001 or so until 2006. As a result, I absolutely loved Pearl. It had some nostalgic draw and it reminded me how great Pokemon can be when you aren't playing it every year.

I think XY is the way to go if you haven't had played in a while. It has been 7 years since Diamond. Get a 3DS when its on sale because youre gonna want one anyway! BW was fine but playing when everyone else is is a part of the experience for Pokemon IMO.

HG and SS's differences are mostly in the mechanics changes and the postgame, if you're looking for something different they're really not going to be for you.

Black and White actually change up the endgame somewhat from their predecessors and don't feature any old pokemon until the postgame. BW2 are much more like the other games in the series but is a bit better paced and you have a much more diverse selection of pokemon (you can choose from about 200 from all generations before the postgame) Gen V overall is different mostly in the details as opposed to the execution. If you were looking for a dramatic change in direction you're going to be disappointed. I'd say give it a little longer before you jump back in.

Thanks for the info. Interesting that B/W is more "original" than the rest. Though you make B/W2 sound like the better version, gameplay-wise. Tough choice, if I were to jump in. But you're right, I'll probably wait it out unless I see one of the aforementioned games on sale.

Macka

Finneon/Lumineon have to be the most forgettable Pokemon. So...dull. Every time I see it I'm like "oh yeah, you exist."

This thing is pretty forgettable as well:
200px-414mothim4gsr7.png

Didn't even know Finneon/Lumineon existed.

Forgot about this thing as well:
180px-615cryogonaluusig.png

And I didn't really forget about this thing but it's so useless:
180px-222corsolarzsd4.png

I'd like to see Corsola/Qwilfish/Luvdisc/Dunsparce etc. to get mega evolutions just for the heck of it :p

And a small pet peeve of mine, I want kilograms and meters in my pokedex, not pounds and feet. Just make it an option to switch between the two or something :(

Toxi

Banned
Cryogonal being forgettable is strange because the design is absurdly weird and cool and as a battler it's pretty useful... But you're basically never going to find one in the wild unless you're looking for it or are insanely lucky.

Nobody posts fan art anymore.
Hate looking for fanart. There's so much crap you have to dodge.

This artist makes some pretty pictures. Also, thank God Talonflame isn't Normal/Flying.

Boss Doggie

They sorta made Cryoganal less rare in BW2

Speaking of Cryo though this made me feel bad about the guy, a classic

770eb6847EJ34.png

Macka

You know what would be cool in XY? If Pokemon that you hatched (or hell, just Pokemon who were low level) had smaller models than higher level Pokemon. It would be awesome to see your Pokemon 'growing' as it got older.

Wouldn't this be pretty easy to do as well since they are using models in XY?

Caladrius

You know what would be cool in XY? If Pokemon that you hatched (or hell, just Pokemon who were low level) had smaller models than higher level Pokemon. It would be awesome to see your Pokemon 'growing' as it got older.

What would be the standard level though?. I find it hard to imagine they would put it past the canon heights/lengths.

All I can think of is Level one Joltik

Boss Doggie

Huh, I just realized Fennekin's ear puffs harden when its angry.

Jolteon, you little devil

Flareon doesn't deserve that leg

With that said people might think the image is lewd so you better at least just turn it into a hotlink

Hot damn, that last image Ike posted kicks all kinds of ass. I am loving that style.

I dunno about it being easy but it'd be pretty adorable. I would go out of my way to get another Lv.1 Giratina just to see the tiny version.
All I can think of is Level one Joltik
Joltik?! Where did you go?! *squints*

*remembers May's baby bublasaur growing into Venasaur

Cheebo

Banned
I know that feeling. Its why I never recommend buying the previous entry in the series when the next is so close to release. I skipped Generation 3 so I hadn't played a Pokemon game between 2001 or so until 2006. As a result, I absolutely loved Pearl. It had some nostalgic draw and it reminded me how great Pokemon can be when you aren't playing it every year.

I think XY is the way to go if you haven't had played in a while. It has been 7 years since Diamond. Get a 3DS when its on sale because youre gonna want one anyway! BW was fine but playing when everyone else is is a part of the experience for Pokemon IMO.

Honestly it would probably be worth upgrading to a 3DS. The complete overhaul to full 3D is likely the kind of seismic advance you'd be looking for. Not to mention 3DS has an amazing library so it would be just a Pokémon machine.

Mega Corsola is just Australia.

No eyes, Pokemon colors, anything. It's just Australia.

All of the mega wildlife that lives on it OHKOs the entire enemy team.

Macka

At the moment I'm exactly 500 eggs into a Masuda hunt for a shiny Vulpix. Can't be too much farther now, right? Please?

Top Bottom