• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I'm so hyped for X and Y!

namface.tumblr.com/post/58913187924/pokemon-xy-pokemon-xy-countdown-starts-soon

namface.tumblr.com/post/58913192498/pokemon-xy-pokemon-xy-countdown-is-getting

E4lja3T.jpg
VP8wDiC.jpg

This Tumblr is doing a countdown to launch with new fan art each day. They did B2/W2 last year, and some really great stuff came from it!

Aggrotek

3000+?! o_O

My scraggy and other masuda shinies in black 1 were all in the 250-300 range for me.

It's all statistics, its bound to happen eventually.

Hunting shinies is fun to me, I just throw on some tunes and ride my bike around. I like collecting them. I wanted Scraggy to be my 1st shiny from gen 5 and it just took that long. It was worth it though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know what would be cool in XY? If Pokemon that you hatched (or hell, just Pokemon who were low level) had smaller models than higher level Pokemon. It would be awesome to see your Pokemon 'growing' as it got older.

Wouldn't this be pretty easy to do as well since they are using models in XY?

Yes. I had an idea like that, except basically everyone's Pokemon could end up being a different size within a set range. Just something for flavor.

I'm still wondering if we'll see a take on "Shellos" with Pokemon from different parts of Kalos, since it's divided, having differences. Or I hope they bring back gender differences for a decent amount of Pokemon unlike Gen V where it was only for three Pokemon, and very in-your-face ones.

Yes. I had an idea like that, except basically everyone's Pokemon could end up being a different size within a set range. Just something for flavor.

I'm still wondering if we'll see a take on "Shellos" with Pokemon from different parts of Kalos, since it's divided, having differences. Or I hope they bring back gender differences for a decent amount of Pokemon unlike Gen V where it was only for three Pokemon, and very in-your-face ones.
I liked the more outrageous gender differences.

Honestly I'd like to see a Nidoran-type gender difference again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I liked the more outrageous gender differences.

Honestly I'd like to see a Nidoran-type gender difference again.

same.

I'm also somewhat hoping we'll see Pokemon fusions become an actual feature/thing that becomes more commonplace, and not just the Kyurem specialty feature. I would have so much potential! Am I alone in that sentiment? :/

Aggrotek

same.

I'm also somewhat hoping we'll see Pokemon fusions become an actual feature/thing that becomes more commonplace, and not just the Kyurem specialty feature. I would have so much potential! Am I alone in that sentiment? :/

People already think Pokemon is turning into Digimon as it is...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mega Evolutions remind me of going Super Saiyan. So I feel like applying a DBZ reference instead of a Digimon one.

It pretty much feels a homage. Hell, during the "mega evolve" sequence you see stone pieces rise up like your typical DBZ power up. And then the Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario fight smells of Freeza vs Goku.

And like I said before to which I will not stop saying, they're using the wrong Digimon series for reference anyway. :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mega Rotom. Any Rotom Form can turn into it, a Super Sentai mecha where all the Rotoms come together.

Rotom as the head.
Refrigerator as the body,
Oven and Fan as the arms.
And Washing Machine and Lawnmower as the legs.

Smiley90

Mega Rotom. Any Rotom Form can turn into it, a Super Sentai mecha where all the Rotoms come together.

Rotom as the head.

Okay NOW I see where you guys talking about Digimon are coming from.

Boss Doggie

Rotom as the head.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant

Rotom-Oh, Dai-Rotom, etc.

Okay NOW I see where you guys talking about Digimon are coming from.

Digimon didn't event combining components.

Macka

I'm still going strong with my Masuda hunt. I'd say I'm well over 1000 eggs by now, but I've started just releasing them so I've lost count.

I really wish the touchscreen had Poketch apps :( Being able to see my team right now (and how many eggs I'm carrying) would be SO useful. I'm hatching while doing other stuff so I keep forgetting how many I'm holding.

Smiley90

Oh that was meant for that rotom comment sorry.

I know? I'm saying, if a rotom mega-evolution was Electric/Steel AND had levitate, it sure would be worthy of being called a mega-evolution, because that'd be an amazing type/ability combo.

Slermy

Nope! I'd love to see more fusions, especially for one particular Pokemon: Unown.

Think about it: You have six Unown in your party spelling out a word, and they all fuse together into one giant Unown evolution with new moves and typing.

I got the idea from this awesome picture.
NAZKRYPT_by_darksilvania.jpg

Woah, that's awesome. I'd love to see something like that.

Boss Doggie

It would've been cool if those Unowns were made from the letters that spelled the creature. It sorta loses its motif and just resembles a skeleton of Sigilyph.

same.

I wouldn't mind it in minute places where it made sense. For example Lunatone + Solrock = Ecrynox with Psychic/Dark-typing or something. Or maybe a buttload of Shuppet / Banette to evolve it into some spooky Ghost/Dark-typed thing named Fantocini.

So yeah, 2DS is releasing on the same day as X and Y for a really low price. Huge 3(2)DS sales boom confirmed? This could honestly change everything.

So yeah, 2DS is releasing on the same day as X and Y for a really low price. Huge 3(2)DS sales boom confirmed? This could honestly change everything.
Plus the fact that it specifically lacks 3D will grab those people who didn't get the 3DS for their kids because of the "no 3D for 7 and younger".

This may be a super hot move, both for XY's potential sales and for Nintendo. But it's also a risky move... hope it works out well.

Plus the fact that it specifically lacks 3D will grab those people who didn't get the 3DS for their kids because of the "no 3D for 7 and younger".

This may be a super hot move, both for XY's potential sales and for Nintendo. But it's also a risky move... hope it works out well.

I could see this being the DS lite moment of the 3DS. I don't think it will help the 3DS move out of the DS's shadow in terms of sales, but it should definitely help it surpass the GBA.
Also it looks like a GBA and a 3DS had a baby.

The more 3DS systems around, the more sales XY will theoretically get.

If XY is compelling enough, it'll make people buy a 3DS.

If a 2DS exists that can play XY (which it does), it expands the 3DS audience to young children, people that find no use for 3D, and people on a budget.

In the end, it's going to print money. 'w'

I could see this being the DS lite moment of the 3DS. I don't think it will help the 3DS move out of the DS's shadow in terms of sales, but it should definitely help it surpass the GBA.
Also it looks like a GBA and a 3DS had a baby.
Launching at the DS Lite's launch price point will certainly help ease their way into people's hands... maybe. Hopefully.

Quest1

I am fearing XY will get less sales due to that :(

It can't hurt sales. People with 3DSs who were planning on picking up XY, and people who were planning on picking up a 3DS for XY still will. The 2DS provides a cheaper method of entry for people who thought they couldn't afford a console.

Nintendo is really expecting XY to be huge, and I hope it is. I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of dumbing down the game in any way for a more broad appeal. I know Gamefreak and everything, but you never know with these huge releases.

Boss Doggie

I guess I was just being paranoid with the "this Pokeyman is for 3DS will it play in my 2DS" nonsense.

Top Bottom