• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I'm eshopping X and buying Y sometime later in the year. Final decision.

I might do the same, not gonna want to wait. I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to take a half hour drive to get to the closest place that sells games and then obviously take the same drive back.

Aggrotek

Me and a friend have both asked the day off, are going to get breakfast, then head over to GameStop and pick up our games, and spend all day playing it together.

DaBoss

Oh wow I completely missed that X and Y were coming out on Thanksgiving weekend. That's kinda crappy for receiving the game through online orders.

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Didn't realize it was Thanksgiving weekend. I know what I'm doing that whole weekend.

Macka

Awww shit, thanksgiving? Hopefully Play-Asia send out online orders a day earlier on the Friday afternoon, otherwise I'm not getting it until the following Friday at the earliest ;___;

Oh wow I completely missed that X and Y were coming out on Thanksgiving weekend. That's kinda crappy for receiving the game through online orders.

Shhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooot...

Guess I'm cancelling my FS preorder, swallowing my pride, and buying the game at full price :(

DaBoss

I wouldn't put much thought into what some guy at NoA says. I expect some sort of news relating to it some time this fall since both the Wii U and 3DS will be getting updates.

Though if he is actually telling the truth, I wonder if the issue is deactivating the games on one device, and then enabling them on another. They can just look at how the Vita does that.

EDIT: Why am I just saying the Vita, look at how pretty much every device with account systems work other than the Wii U.

ffdgh

Yeah I saw that thread...it can't be that hard to make an unified account system if the ps3 and psp could managed it.

I'm just hoping that the regional distribution doesn't fumble this one up like they did FE:A. That extra day after waiting months kinda stings. =s
On the other hand I remember picking up BW the day before street date at the same store. Lately this doesn't seem to happen as often unfortunately.

I think pretty much the entire demo has been recorded and uploaded but will do if I discover or infer anything new!
Oh, er... if you have the time, try and see if you can flesh out as much as you can on Fairy (if ya can). Try out Fairy Wind on everything (including Chespin if you can), and see what exactly what's up :)

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, the inevitable 2DS+Pokemon bundle will sell like hotcakes. Ninty's pretty clever.

Anyway, picking up X on the eShop for sure. The idea of always having Pokemon available in my 3DS just makes sense. Can't believe I'm this excited for a Pokemon game after having skipped B/W and B2/W2.

Damn, the inevitable 2DS+Pokemon bundle will sell like hotcakes. Ninty's pretty clever.

Anyway, picking up X on the eShop for sure. The idea of always having Pokemon available in my 3DS just makes sense. Can't believe I'm this excited for a Pokemon game after having skipped B/W and B2/W2.

I will rage if they only do a 2DS bundle for X&Y, I want the 3DS XLs that Japan is getting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized, the 2vs2 demo doesn't seem to have any Pokemon-amie influence. Normally it'd have messages like "it survived a hit" or something.

TrickRoom

I think pretty much the entire demo has been recorded and uploaded but will do if I discover or infer anything new!

I guess you could gather statistical data on all damage done. You could just go easy on Sycamore's team and see if you can estimate mega mewtwo's stats. It does have recover, and I haven't seen many people try to check its defenses.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, get some more info out of fairy type!

That's what I'd be most interested in, too. Do we know anything else but 2x against Dragons? If so I missed it. :/

We probably won't get any info on fairy resistances until demos include fairy pokemon, but it'd be good to at least know the "receiving" end.

Encountered my 3rd Sandshrew in the DW today.

That makes 3/3 male. And I really want a female DW Sandshrew.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

EDIT: "Fourth time's the charm."

Hey, everyone needs to watch this video.

PK Out (drops mic)

That was a great watch, but I have a feeling that #1 is going to piss a lot of people off ;P

I think that my personal most overrated Pokémon as a kid was Scyther, but that was mostly because I was stuck with silly 'ol Pinsir while my Red compatriots got the much-superior 'mon. Scizor's one of my faves now though, so I've gotten over it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't think Tamashii is one of the notable people in the fandom.

With that said how can anyone not even agree with number one when it's pretty much a given :p

Trey

Hey, everyone needs to watch this video.

PK Out (drops mic)

"...and only a few of them can be considered the best at what they do."

As she pictures 33 percent of a set.

"You would think people would get tired of the same gimmick after fifteen years."

We playing Pokemon, breh.

Top Bottom