• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Macka

I don't think 'overrated' is the word she's looking for with a lot of those. And while its hard to argue against her choice for the #1, some of her reasoning (for all of them, actually) is a little odd as well. 'Blank slate'? I don't think so.

JoeM86

Just been made aware that the GottaCatchEmAll.com domain is now owned by Nintendo. Interesting after the merchandise on Wednesday...

Is there any truth to that "there will be more than 650 Pokémon available in X and Y" thing that's knocking about? The return of Gotta Catch 'Em All makes more sense if that's the case.

Toxi

Banned
Just been made aware that the GottaCatchEmAll.com domain is now owned by Nintendo. Interesting after the merchandise on Wednesday...
Wow, Nintendo hasn't used that slogan in a long time. Possible mass western advertising campaign coming soon?

qq more

Nintendo seem to be rather very aggressive with their marketing lately/ (and thankfully so)

2DS (since it's at an entry price)
Wii U price cut (despite already losing money off each system sold)
What else?

Now with the Gotta Catch Em' All slogan back... I wonder if they're going to be really aggressive with their X/Y marketing more than B/W's.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they want to use that phrase for most of us when we found out that we can't transfer our pokemon.

GottaCatchEmAllAgain.com

Really, I think they are bringing them back for new generation of kids that they are banking on X and Y to bring. I actually think it might be a good move since it would encouraging the kids to collecting every pokemon by buying other pokemon games if needed.

zroid

Banned
the pokédex now tracks evolved, hatched, and traded pokémon separately from those you've caught yourselves. only way to complete the pokédex 100% is to "catch them all".

I'm predicting Gen IV-like accessibility here in terms of how many Pokemon you can get with one game. Gen IV was very good about that. Gen III was just trying to sell the remakes and Gen V... I *think* they were trying to get people to use Pokemon DW? Something like that.

Macka

All of the official art for Arcanine is kind of awkward looking. I really want a nice high quality picture of him in the same style as Sugimori, anyone found anything like that?

braves01

Banned
So I haven't been following poke news too closely except for new trailers, but have they talked about street pass and new online modes/features for this game yet? I hope they improve the interface at least

So I haven't been following poke news too closely except for new trailers, but have they talked about street pass and new online modes/features for this game yet? I hope they improve the interface at least

It's all bundled into the new Player Search System, on the bottom screen. You can battle or trade wherever you are, and do blind Wonder Trades which lets you trade a Pokémon of your choice for an unknown Pokémon someone else has offered.

Streetpasses seem to be limited to exchanging messages and reports about your journey, and passing on new O-Powers which have various beneficial effects, such as increasing EXP gains or improving capture rates.

braves01

Banned
It's all bundled into the new Player Search System, on the bottom screen. You can battle or trade wherever you are, and do blind Wonder Trades which lets you trade a Pokémon of your choice for an unknown Pokémon someone else has offered.

Streetpasses seem to be limited to exchanging messages and reports about your journey, and passing on new O-Powers which have various beneficial effects, such as increasing EXP gains or improving capture rates.

Is there video of this anywhere? It certainly sounds much better.

braves01

Banned
I haven't seen video, but it's detailed here.

I always hated going through the text menus for trading and stuff, so the screens look good since it's all in one place on the touch screen. I'm not quite sure how useful the Holocaster messages will be other than tournament news, but that could be cool. Shout-outs look awesome, I'll definitely be using that, same for O-powers. And, most importantly, you can GTS trade for Pokemon not already registered in your Pokedex. Thank god.

Wonder Trade would be cool if they kept something like Join Avenue.

I was hoping they would do a Wi-Fi distribution for Meloetta before XY comes out. It's the only thing stood between me and a complete dex in White and White 2.

Wonder Trade would be cool if they kept something like Join Avenue.

I was hoping they would do a Wi-Fi distribution for Meloetta before XY comes out. It's the only thing stood between me and a complete dex in White and White 2.

Maybe they'll do something for Gen VI, sort of like how they put Arceus on the Dream World for everyone.

A majority of people will be giving common mons for wonder trade in hopes for getting something rare. Though I guess that isn't as much of an issue since regular trading is available.
I'll be giving out leftover babies myself. They will all have the right nature and at least 1 31 IV.

inb4 I end up with a lot of Bunnelby.

Trey

Yeah, if they don't put in any restrictions like Pokemon tiering for Wonder Trades, I can see it being a "let me put up this crap Pokemon for a chance of something decent" thing.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, if they don't put in any restrictions like Pokemon tiering for Wonder Trades, I can see it being a "let me put up this crap Pokemon for a chance of something decent" thing.

Honestly, a "trade for random pokemon you a) don't own yet or b) don't have in your pokedex yet" would be extremely useful. Even if it's crap, it'll at least be somewhat useful. Of course you'd have to trade something back that your trade partner doesn't have yet, too.

braves01

Banned
Honestly, a "trade for random pokemon you a) don't own yet or b) don't have in your pokedex yet" would be extremely useful. Even if it's crap, it'll at least be somewhat useful. Of course you'd have to trade something back that your trade partner doesn't have yet, too.

Yeah, wonder trade will cease being useful pretty darn quick as it is.

Oh man I forgot it was called the Holocaster. Such a bad name...

This is the same company that brought us this:

pokemans_379.gif

OMG GAMEFREAK IS PRO-NAZI POKéMON IS SATANIC TELL EVERYONE

I wouldn't mind making fan made sprites of them... what style should they be if I ever get to that?

Similar to the sprites from the DS games, maybe? Perhaps just a few pixels taller and wider. Each step up in hardware power made the player sprites slightly bigger and more detailed!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do we know anything about how people will transfer pokemon from black/black 2 etc into X&Y? I'm tempted to trade in my kids' older pokemon games but they don't want me to because they want to transfer across. But I haven't heard anything about whether they are supporting that this time.

Do we know anything about how people will transfer pokemon from black/black 2 etc into X&Y? I'm tempted to trade in my kids' older pokemon games but they don't want me to because they want to transfer across. But I haven't heard anything about whether they are supporting that this time.

The only thing we have is a statement that they are working on it. I would assume that GF's team of software engineers will be able to figure something out.

EDIT:
Something I have been wondering. What kind of interesting info do those strategy guides come with? Evolution methods and locations I 'd guess. How about move pools and base stats?

Oh man I forgot it was called the Holocaster. Such a bad name...

This. What were they thinking?

It kinda surprises me that they haven't tried alternating Pokemon in the wild per gen by day or something. For example:

Monday: Gen 1
Tuesday: Gen 2
Wednesday: Gen 3
Thursday: Gen 4
Friday: Gen 5
Saturday and Sunday: Gen 6

At least, post-E4, anyway.

qq more

Similar to the sprites from the DS games, maybe? Perhaps just a few pixels taller and wider. Each step up in hardware power made the player sprites slightly bigger and more detailed!
That's exactly what I've been thinking of doing too. I take my sprite work really seriously so it might take a while if you don't mind.

Top Bottom