• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
reposting because new page

1377881553705twszp.gif

enjoy the moe-ness

White version LTTP-ness continued:

I learned the hard way about the pre-victory road rival battle. I had just shuffled up my team so I only had 2 of my normal fully-leveled team in my party. The rest were weak things I'd been intending to train in the tall grass on that route.

My litwick overperformed hard and took down the majority of his starter's health before dying. Scrafty, the most-exalted God of Pants, and my starter samurott had to do the rest of the work. Both fainted and I had to use the last 2 weaklings as cannon fodder to revive and heal scrafty with. Scrafty killed the dark-type cat. Whole encounter started in the rain and thunder for a dramatic feel.

Most intense and most unreasonable adrenaline rush I've ever gotten from a game. It was damn odd how much of a badass I felt like when his last pokemon went down.

Also, detoured to catch the first "sword of justice" thing, and caught the wandering thunder god. I have the shiny promo dialga now but he is reserved for if I get bored and want to unlock cheat mode.

For the elite 4 I'm thinking I keep Pants (my scrafty), tiny tim (samurott) and unfeazant (cause I don't want to put the time in to raise a braviary right now) from my main game rotation. Then I'll evolve the munna I've used, and get my litwick completely evolved (previously only used for the ice gym and Cheren's-serperior-fighting martyrdom), and then maybe grind an axew into haxorus. Probably not the most refined team but it's story mode, not a tourney.

PokeGAF, how big are the chances that you'll be able to transfer your pokemon from the DS games into X/Y?
Ridiculously high. There are many ways to get around the fact that 3DS games can't directly connect with DS games. It's just a matter of choosing the most intuitive way to do it. They'd only ditch backwards compatibility if they absolutely have to and they don't "absolutely have to" here.

Zeroth

Ridiculously high. There are many ways to get around the fact that 3DS games can't directly connect with DS games. It's just a matter of choosing the most intuitive way to do it. They'd only ditch backwards compatibility if they absolutely have to and they don't "absolutely have to" here.

Well, I could see they ditching it assuming they redo the stat system or something on that level, but I find that unlikely.

JoeM86

PokeGAF, how big are the chances that you'll be able to transfer your pokemon from the DS games into X/Y?

It's decent, but it's unclear. We didn't learn about PokéTransfer until a month before BW came out, so it's likely that if we're to be told, it'll be in two weeks

Kokonoe

Banned
Digging around some old Nintendo website (N.O.M?) and found some images from like 1998-2000. They actually have transparency on some of em. Not really NeoGAF dark friendly, though.

bFTYsbU.gif
8RM2hoD.gif
dNGqhpR.gif
QA19UPr.gif
XLiB1R8.gif

NvCPMX8.gif
IRiAPVU.gif
9xFDOPF.gif

VhW1kdJ.gif
mCajqvw.gif
3Th6aF5.gif

SC3k2qp.gif
UZymPx2.gif

fufYMwg.gif

rKKN55h.gif

Oh snap! The Pokemon Pinball HD remake that never happened.

cnX4Vhy.gif

UQrRasH.gif

I'm so cool, dude.

EUna2gd.jpg

Ze5IQNT.gif

mV7FpjP.jpg

Keep in mind, the following images below are in parts. Probably because of the internet speeds at the time they did that.

isjA3a6.gif

SmStbc1.gif

KP0ZLe4.gif

Y41QyQl.gif

Drq6qU0.gif

OMDH6CR.gif

nAka1UK.gif

JphjNeY.gif

Interesting Pokedex enteries

Referencing our world:
Charmeleon: In the rocky mountains where Charmeleon live, their fiery tails shine at night like stars.
Parasect: The bug host is controlled by the mushrooms that scatter poisonous spores. The spores are sometimes used as medicine in China.
Arcanine: A legendary Pokémon in China. Many people are charmed by its grace and beauty while running.
Poliwhirl: This strong and skilled swimmer is even capable of crossing the Pacific Ocean just by kicking.
Ponyta: Capable of jumping over the Eiffel Tower in a single giant leap. Its hooves are ten times harder than diamonds.

Creepy:
Golbat: It loves the blood of humans and Pokémon. It flies around at night in search of neck veins.
Drowzee: Not popular with young girls because of its attitude. Can often be heard muttering to itself in a low voice.
Hypno: Carries a pendulum with it always. Sometimes appears near less-traveled roads and schools at dusk.

Drowzee and Hypno:

Only did the 1st gen.

Charmeleon is arguable. When I hear Rocky Mountains, I think of Earths.

qq more

Yeah, Pokemon really does have some really interesting Pokedex entries haha

Also, whenever I think of Golbat, I just think of that certain sprite...

Zeroth

qq more and I discussed it in the IRC, and we've decided Gen II is probably the best. Probably.

Maybe?

Two fools don't make one right.

Let me try this again: It is your opinion, and I respect it, even if it's wrong in my subjective point of view regarding what is the best in my humble opinion.

I want to know who made the decision to replace Crystal with Lyra so I can punch him/her in the kidneys.

Lyra loses instantly because I've got no art of her with an Arcanine: the only true metric with which to judge!

Two fools don't make one right.

Let me try this again: It is your opinion, and I respect it, even if it's wrong in my subjective point of view regarding what is the best in my humble opinion.

I was only joking! Don't get too serious on me all of a sudden!

But two regions do make the best games.

I like this, haha.

Top Bottom