• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Okay, so maybe I lied; I do have art of Lyra with Arcanine...

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=20899764
yTHyWx9.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=21975958

Right, thank you for the heads up. Next time I hear you mentioning Gen 2 is the best gen, I'll just laugh off as one of the good jokes of that funny fellow Ike.

Yes, a joke...kind of like Gen 3.

4tnB9yQ.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
There's people that don't recognize gen II as the best gen? Madness. Crystal is the only Pokémon game that stands a chance at cracking my all time top 10 videogames list.

PK Gaming

There's a whole ocean of good Pokemon fanart on tumblr.

I've pretty much spent 2+ hours searching through UA's tumblr account, there's some good stuff in there.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But two regions do make the best games.

I'd barely qualify those two as "regions" :p

There's 8 way walk/analog movement?

damn right!

There's people that don't recognize gen II as the best gen? Madness. Crystal is the only Pokémon game that stands a chance at cracking my all time top 10 videogames list.

Yup, we're called totally not-insane people :p

Yellow? Shiny?

Oh and cute~

Nah I guess just saturation

Also I just realized that Dedenne looks like a mouse (as in the input device).

Boss Doggie

When do you guys think we'll see XY starter evolutions? That always helps me decide who I choose lol.

They never really reveal the starter evo early save for Gen 1 (showed Charizard/Venusaur and maybe Blastoise) and Gen 3 (Blaziken appearing in the anime earlier). Hell, we only saw first stage evo once the game comes out!

They never really reveal the starter evo early save for Gen 1 (showed Charizard/Venusaur and maybe Blastoise) and Gen 3 (Blaziken appearing in the anime earlier). Hell, we only saw first stage evo once the game comes out!

Blastoise was on the cover of Blue, so I'd assume they revealed it pre-release :p

Boss Doggie

I wonder when will retailers gain stock. Makes me wonder if they'll have XY in the storage and some workers would buy it earlier.

JoeM86

I wonder when will retailers gain stock. Makes me wonder if they'll have XY in the storage and some workers would buy it earlier.

If any retailer does that and it becomes known, then they are screwed. Trust me, everything with these games is being held with ridiculous levels of secrecy and control

Kyzer

Banned
These days you cant really buy games with a street date early because even the POS's enforce it. Itll be like. Cannot be sold until 10/12 and that's that,. Yes, the retailers will have them a bit earlier. That's how game releases work. Games with a "Street Date" are received beforehand and not allowed to be sold until then. Other games have a "release date" and they are typically shipped on said date and allowed to be sold whenever theyre received.

Soodanim

I just saw the Serebii post about Dialga in GAME stores. I don't really fancy going into the store and standing there claiming my event Poke, so does anyone know what the range is like for whatever machine they have that dishes these out?

Boss Doggie

But surely there'd be that one guy who grabs a copy and makes a playthrough online.

I just saw the Serebii post about Dialga in GAME stores. I don't really fancy going into the store and standing there claiming my event Poke, so does anyone know what the range is like for whatever machine they have that dishes these out?

From the stories I read, being at the parking lot should be sufficient.

Sometimes people do the strangest things when it comes to games, though. I doubt we won't be seeing some kind of information blowout before the actual release date.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Playing through Fire Red. Why is Gyarados so dumb? I have like a million attack but can't use it since everything he learns is special.

Thank god for the physical special/split

MikeMyers

Playing through Fire Red. Why is Gyarados so dumb? I have like a million attack but can't use it since everything he learns is special.

Thank god for the physical special/split

Just Dragon Rage though everything mid-game. Hyper Beam works as a finisher if you use the free switch-out.

Late-game there's 102 Base Power Return and Earthquake, oh and Surf actually still kills most Rock and Ground types easily anyway.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Someone's claiming to have leaked the entire Pokedex. Likely bull but you know.

Yup, I saw the thread on /vp/, which is where the pastebin originated from that's being posted about. The situation reminds me a lot of how it was leaked in Gen V, with the format being quite (suspiciously?) similar. The thread's been pushed off, and pastebin is banned on GAF, right?

I looked through it and it sounds pretty thoughtful, perhaps a bit too much, but sounds reasonable.

Watch Da Birdie

I dunno, we've got quite a few authentic leaks already from Hiro and WPM, in addition to "Newtwo".

In fact, more than we got from Black and White at this time, where the leaks didn't come till right at the end apart from the not-exactly-game-related BW settei, and was just the Starter Evolutions and Melkor's blow-out.

And I don't recall any Gen IV leaks beyond that blog post early on mentioning descriptions about the Starters that came true.

So it seems like the global release is making info easier to come by...

JoeM86

I dunno, we've got quite a few authentic leaks already from Hiro and WPM, in addition to "Newtwo".

In fact, more than we got from Black and White at this time, where the leaks didn't come till right at the end apart from the not-exactly-game-related BW settei, and was just the Starter Evolutions and Melkor's blow-out.

And I don't recall any Gen IV leaks beyond that blog post early on mentioning descriptions about the Starters that came true.

So it seems like the global release is making info easier to come by...

Things changed after those leaked... What was already clamped down because of the BW stuff, has been even more.

Also, we actually had a considerable amount of leaks back in April 2010 about the starters, triple/rotation battles, the professor etc. That's part of why I posted the Starter Evolutions before I got my confirmation. It came from the same IP

JoeM86

hF8DAD12A

The anime is making me REALLY like Froakie. Definitely going to be my starter when I inevitably double-dip with X.

The anime is good like that. Remember before BW when everyone was jush bashing Oshawott constantly. Then, it appeared in the anime with personality, and people find it adorable

Watch Da Birdie

It sucks to be Fennekin, no one cared about it before, and now everyone will use the free Day 1 Torchic + Mega Blaziken as their Fire-type.

I usually start with Grass, but I think I'll break and do Froakie this time. I was burned by the horrible "Smugleaf" in Gen V. What a stupid Pokemon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It sucks to be Fennekin, no one cared about it before, and now everyone will use the free Day 1 Torchic + Mega Blaziken as their Fire-type.

I usually start with Grass, but I think I'll break and do Froakie this time. I was burned by the horrible "Smugleaf" in Gen V. What a stupid Pokemon.

I don't see why the new starters wouldn't get Mega-Evos themselves. I feel like for a new feature it's a given that the new starters will be a part of it.

I like Snivy, but I really dislike that nickname. It's not even clever or funny at all, and it caused what turned out to be a rather mediocre line to become overly hyped. I always preferred "Grasshole" as a daft nickname myself, even if I didn't use it in the games :p

Macka

This is the easily the hardest choice of a starter since R/B for me. I like all three, but Froakie was easily the third behind Chespin/Fennekin. The anime is making him look so much more appealing though, all his ninja characteristics are so cool!

Oh, and Torchic will be going straight into the box for me, even if I don't end up choosing Fennekin.

Watch Da Birdie

I like Snivy, but I really dislike that nickname. It's not even clever or funny at all, and it caused what turned out to be a rather mediocre line to become overly hyped. I always preferred "Grasshole" as a daft nickname myself, even if I didn't use it in the games :p

Exactly!

I never got the hype and later disappointment for the "Smugleaf" name, it wasn't a clever pun at all nor catchy to me. It was just dumb.

In fact, I hated all the stupid nicknames people made up for the Gen V Pokemon before we knew their English names, like Wotter, Gaterrain, there were a lot more idiotic ones that became memetastic and it was just obnoxious. Thank GOD the global release has mostly eliminated that practice, it made the Gen V pre-release unbearable when people were throwing around all these nicknames, sometimes inconsistently, when you had perfectly good Japanese names to use which aren't even hard to remember.

Boss Doggie

While I appreciate Froakie I'm still #teamchespin all the way

And we all know all of Chespin's votes went to child eater :p

Oh god Chespin's face when you try to mimic it is sooo adorable

Top Bottom