• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Anura

Exactly!

I never got the hype and later disappointment for the "Smugleaf" name, it wasn't a clever pun at all nor catchy to me. It was just dumb.

In fact, I hated all the stupid nicknames people made up for the Gen V Pokemon before we knew their English names, like Wotter, Gaterrain, there were a lot more idiotic ones that became memetastic and it was just obnoxious. Thank GOD the global release has mostly eliminated that practice, it made the Gen V pre-release unbearable when people were throwing around all these nicknames, sometimes inconsistently, when you had perfectly good Japanese names to use which aren't even hard to remember.

Don't kid yourself most pokemon names are dumb puns anyways. Anyways #teamindecisive for me! Can't decide between froakie or fennekin but I do know that chespin is an eye sore

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hilariously enough I thought Fennekin is the eye-sore for me. Too "moe" and the design isn't gender neutral unlike most starters.

Anura

Hilariously enough I thought Fennekin is the eye-sore for me. Too "moe" and the design isn't gender neutral unlike most starters.

I think everyone has at least one starter that they think that way and I guess that means we have some variety in choices and that's good I think

how does one "avatar quote"?

Personally, I just right click, select View Image, then copy the URL. Afterwards, I just paste it into the [IMG][/IMG] BB code.

Like so:
[IMG]http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=67336&dateline=1376091231[/IMG]

There could be other ways to do it, but I have yet to learn them.

qq more

it's sad that i partly recognize the url by now and know what exactly to expect

also

Xprotag.png

started on the sprite

left: new

right: old

Again, I don't understand how you can associate a certain sex with non-human/humanoid animals.

Association of color with specific genders. General physical male/female traits such as hair and body shape. Men generally being associated with muscles and powerful bodies. Women associate with gracefulness and slender figures. Mustaches, clothing, etc. There are exceptions.

Zeroth

Association of color with specific genders. General physical male/female traits such as hair and body shape. Men generally being associated with muscles and powerful bodies. Women associate with gracefulness and slender figures. Mustaches, clothing, etc. There are exceptions.

What about CancelledMan?

Anura

Personally, I just right click, select View Image, then copy the URL. Afterwards, I just paste it into the [IMG][/IMG] BB code.

Like so:
[IMG]http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=67336&dateline=1376091231[/IMG]

There could be other ways to do it, but I have yet to learn them.

Many thanks!

Toxi

Banned
So is this a good time to remind people that 50% of Gardevoir are male?

But two regions do make the best games.
I don't think an empty Kanto counts as a region.:-\

The islands in FireRed and LeafGreen had more character than GSC Kanto.

Busaiku

Those are all associations with humanoids, not something like Fennekin or any Eevee evolutions.

Fireblend

Banned
Those are all associations with humanoids, not something like Fennekin or any Eevee evolutions.
LololoandLalala.jpg

These are circles with hands and feet. If you ask a sample population which one is called Lala and which one Lolo, do you think the distribution would be 50-50?

ffdgh

Yeah this is what I was going for.

Busaiku

LololoandLalala.jpg

These are circles with hands and feet. If you ask a sample population which one is called Lala and which one Lolo, do you think the distribution would be 50-50?

The more anthropomorphic something (the hands/feet and the bow), the more easy it is to associate it with a certain sex.

qffLnuZ.jpg

Can you really tell me if one of those looks more "male" or "female" than the others (I don't know).

You could say that something like Milotic (pink, slender, graceful body) is feminine while Gyarados (blue/red, powerful, muscular body) is masculine. It's harder to associate for some others because they lack enough feminine or masculine traits for us to make an assumption.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
People say that the Gen 5 starter nicknames were poor, but "Pignition" is still amazing.

qq more

I completely forgot how awkward PSU's cutscenes totally looked :lol :lol

Also... why does the name Ethan always seem so associated with bad things... Ethan from HGSS with the mediocre redesign... Ethan from PSU which is a bad game... and Ethan from CAD which is a horrible horrible webcomic. B^U

Thanks!

I take offense to this.

qq more

Thanks everyone!

Goldwalkhair.png

Gold is finished. It's not for the OP since it's all for fun

I'm taking requests now just for fun. (But don't overload me with requests!)

Requests so far:
Gold (Gen 2)
Red (Gen 1)

Top Bottom