• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Toxi

Banned
Black > Yellow
I see.
image.php

Charizard's mega evolution will just turn it back into Charmander.
Nah, Charizard's mega evolution will have the lizard accept its destiny and become a Fire/Rock type, forever best bros with Magcargo.

)-;

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The Hoenn Elite Four had all pretty cool designs, but were so underdeveloped...like we barely know anything about them. I think we know Glacia is foreign (but from where?), Phoebe's grandparents are the people at Mt. Pyre I think...

Toxi

Banned
The Hoenn Elite Four had all pretty cool designs, but were so underdeveloped...like we barely know anything about them. I think we know Glacia is foreign (but from where?), Phoebe's grandparents are the people at Mt. Pyre I think...
I thought Phoebe and Drake were cool with their designs and general feel, and Sidney was appreciated for being the only Elite 4 member using no duplicates (Until Emerald gave Drake a Kingdra).

The weirdest thing about Sidney is that he probably has the most normal-looking design of an Elite 4 member in the series' history. Look at him, his only distinguishing trait is that his hair looks stupid!

180px-Ruby_Sapphire_Sidney.png

Watch Da Birdie

I thought Phoebe and Drake were cool with their designs and general feel, and Sidney was appreciated for being the only Elite 4 member using no duplicates (Until Emerald gave Drake a Kingdra).

The weirdest thing about Sidney is that he probably has the most normal-looking design of an Elite 4 member in the series' history. Look at him, his only distinguishing trait is that his hair looks stupid!

180px-Ruby_Sapphire_Sidney.png

I never got why he was "Dark".

I wish for a RS remake mainly to learn more about this dude...his personality is generic and none of his battle text gives us any insight into him. The only point of interest is the Trainer's Eye in Emerald implying that he was seen as a "punk", so maybe he was a former gang leader or something...

That'd be interesting.

Holy fuck RNGing is complicated. I just want a damn Breloom, I don't care how long its feet are or whatever. I'm better off just waiting until I finally upgrade to a Nintendo system that actually detects the fucking internet.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy fuck RNGing is complicated. I just want a damn Breloom, I don't care how long its feet are or whatever. I'm better off just waiting until I finally upgrade to a Nintendo system that actually detects the fucking internet.

Is your DS broken or something

JoeM86

The first details about the upcoming X & Y Test Competition has been announced. They have revealed that the competition is to run around December or January as they prepare the system to prevent cheaters from being able to engage in the competitions. The entry requirements for this tournament were for you to have participated and ranked in the recent 2013 Global Showdown which included a test of these features and banned around 1,500 participants due to using cheated Pokémon.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Pokemon Direct, eh? Maybe the PGS teaser...? That or X/Y news. I mainly want X/Y news.
The first details about the upcoming X & Y Test Competition has been announced. They have revealed that the competition is to run around December or January as they prepare the system to prevent cheaters from being able to engage in the competitions. The entry requirements for this tournament were for you to have participated and ranked in the recent 2013 Global Showdown which included a test of these features and banned around 1,500 participants due to using cheated Pokémon.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii
Transferring indirectly confirmed - there's currently no way to cheat on 3DS games so there's no reason to delay it if you couldn't transfer your old Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

Well shit

Coro Coro news not news anymore?

We'll probably get some new stuff in CoroCoro too like what happened with E3, there's probably gonna be a lot of Pokemon in it, and I don't think we'll see all of them in Direct. I bet new characters will be saved for CoroCoro.

Bet the Direct will focus on new gameplay stuff, and Mega Evolutions.

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, now that I think about it that could happen too. We only got Noivern and Vivillon in E3.

Watch Da Birdie

Oh yeah, now that I think about it that could happen too. We only got Noivern and Vivillon in E3.

And Talonflame,Clauncher, and Skrelp (some claimed Litleo popped up in the video shown during the round table).

Litleo, Flabebe, Scatterbug, and Spewpa were in CoroCoro, as well as Alexis, Viola, and the friends.

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, forgot about those four, was only focusing on the E3 trailer and not the roundtable.

Did Coro say that their Poke news this month would be bigger?

Confession: The original reason I got a 3DS was so I could connect to WPA and since the DSi would cost me a lot anyways I decided to go all the way so I could play new games.

Refyref

Yea, it's not simple switching the Wi-Fi every time you want to connect to the internet.
That's part of the reason why I ditched playing Pokemon on my DSL once I got my 3DS XL.

The others being my DSL's semi broken D-Pad and the XL being so much better to hold.

fates

Probably doing it so "early' because they figure someone would stay up and watch the Japan presentation and spoil everything before it's a sane broadcast time in english speaking countries. At least this way everyone gets everything new at one place and time.

Soodanim

For the first time, I decided to look into how RNG manipulation works. While I appreciate the time and effort put into such tools, it just makes me hate the unnecessary IV system even more.

The image at the top of the page made me realise that I've never used an eeveelution that wasn't Umbreon, and although I grew to like him it was only because I got him through Colosseum that I used him in the first place. Even in Gen 1, I think never bothered to evolve my eevee because I didn't want to never have that option again. So I never used him at all.

Probably doing it so "early' because they figure someone would stay up and watch the Japan presentation and spoil everything before it's a sane broadcast time in english speaking countries. At least this way everyone gets everything new at one place and time.

Then why not have it earlier in the day in Japan?

DaBoss

Oh man, I just realized X/Y are coming out at the best time possible for me. I have a week off of uni from when X/Y come out.

qq more

Drake.png

Clairewalk.png

Korrina.png

BAM! Finished 3 today!

Requests:
Gold (Gen 2)
Red (Gen 1)
Grimsley
Koga
Drake
Claire
Korrina

5 request slots are opened :)

Also, I'm doing this for fun. So don't feel bad about requesting sprites you wouldn't use. (I don't really expect anyone to use them. I just sprite for fun)

Toxi

Banned
Drake.png

Clairewalk.png

Korrina.png

BAM! Finished 3 today!

Requests:
Gold (Gen 2)
Red (Gen 1)
Grimsley
Koga
Drake
Claire
Korrina

5 request slots are opened :)

Also, I'm doing this for fun. So don't feel bad about requesting sprites you wouldn't use. (I don't really expect anyone to use them. I just sprite for fun)
Damn, that Drake is nice.

How about Roxie (preferably with bass)?

DaBoss

Leaf looks really nice. Claire looks a bit funny when taking a step. :p

Had to Google Korrina, didn't realize it was her. Very nice. And Drake is Drake, dat badassery.

Top Bottom