• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So this is what Pokemon-amie with qq moe would look like

1378282877289vva7a.jpg

Firestorm

So one of my friends just pointed out that because Pokemon Transporter requires Pokemon Bank, transferring from Gen 5 to XY requires you to pay the fee at least once if you want to keep your Pokemon.

Refyref

So one of my friends just pointed out that because Pokemon Transporter requires Pokemon Bank, transferring from Gen 5 to XY requires you to pay the fee at least once if you want to keep your Pokemon.

Unless Transporter is a feature that works without paying. Who knows.

EDIT: It probably won't. However, the site says Pokemon Bank will have a free trial, so there's that.

However long that free trial period is, it's definitely enough time to transfer all of your Pokemon to G6 in a (few?) day(s) without paying a thing I imagine, if that's all you plan on using it for.

I'm just wondering about that annual fee... hope it's absolutely minimal :) And I wonder how developed their anti-hack system is...

Refyref

However long that free trial period is, it's definitely enough time to transfer all of your Pokemon to G6 in a (few?) day(s) without paying a thing I imagine, if that's all you plan on using it for.

I'm just wondering about that annual fee... hope it's absolutely minimal :) And I wonder how developed their anti-hack system is...

Especially since it seems that the Poke Transfer app will transfer a box at a time, according to the site.

sept_bank_p5_01_afawg.jpg

Seil

For people that haven't seen the details on the Kanto starter Mega Evolutions:

Mega Charizard:
- Still Fire/Flying
- Ability: Drought
- Increased Special Attack

Mega Venusaur:
- Grass/Poison
- Ability: Thick Fat
- Increased Defense & Special Defense

Mega Blastoise
- Water
- Ability: Mega Launcher(Increases power of Pulse moves)
- No stat change or no information about one.

DaBoss

I'm just worried I traded and got a hacked Pokémon. I'm pretty sure I do. I hope it can remove them and not get me penalized.

How would I be able to check if I have hacked Pokémon?

Seil

I'm just worried I traded and got a hacked Pokémon. I'm pretty sure I do. I hope it can remove them and not get me penalized.

How would I be able to check if I have hacked Pokémon?

You could try something like Pokecheck.

Also it doesn't sound like there's really a penalty, you just can't use it with Pokemon it considers illegal:

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

I am loving this. I still get to transfer all of my Pokemon, AND hacked Pokemon are blocked! ^-^

I recently transferred 4 boxes of Ditto from Gen IV to Gen V.

I'm glad that this time we won't have to play a stupid minigame. I NEVER WANT TO SEE THOSE BUSHES EVER AGAIN.

I'm wondering, do people think this was a mistake resulting from shoddy editing or an intentional easter egg left in by Nintendo/Game Freak/TPCi?

Quest1

So if you have a chlorophyll Venusaur holding its megastone, and sun gets taken off the field, you can mega evolve it and now it has thick fat. Or if solar power Charizard loses sun, it can set it up again for the rest of the team before it faints. This does open a few new strategy doors instead of just something like megamawile getting stronger and just going nuts

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm wondering, do people think this was a mistake resulting from shoddy editing or an intentional easter egg left in by Nintendo/Game Freak/TPCi?

Considering how we saw Skiddo all the way back when Gogoat was revealed hiding out in the background of Lumiose City, it wouldn't surprise me if they throw things in like this. In one of the pre-BW trailers, for example, you could see the overworld sprite of Krokorok (we only knew Sandile then) hanging out in the Pokemon Musical Hall, and another screen of a Musical had Throh with its face hidden beneath a smiley-face mask.

braves01

Banned
Oh man, I'm so excited I can transfer over my Pokemon from D, HG, and White 2. Maybe I'll be able to complete the national Pokedex this time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I read on reddit that you can also pick the original 3 starters in X&Y? Is that true or just someone bullshitting everybody?

Soodanim

Just loaded up SS to be reminded that I never did get Groudon, which means I didn't beat Red. Team is in the middle of training, which means ranging from 50-67. Nowhere near enough for the high 80s. Took care of business though.

Rare candy on Mewtwo, that's Psychic learned. Went into battle, OHKO Pikachu. Unlucky, kid. Switch to Skarmory and laid down two layers of Spikes before Snorlax's Blizzards finished the poor lad. Mewtwo came back, this time for good. 3 Amnesias made him immortal from special moves, and 2 X Specials and 2 X Defends sealed the deal. Why is this worth telling? Despite being the original uber, I didn't think I would sweep the hardest trainer in the game under leveled by up to 18 levels. But I have never bothered using X items before, probably at all. I will in future though.

Which original starter to pick, hm...

Edit:

Picked Bulbasaur. My teams always lack grass types.
Went to get Groudon. Zangoose. Crush claw, lowered defence. Groudon rests. Crush claw, lowered defence. False swipe. Dusk ball.

And that's how my easiest legendary catch went.

Wow, I wake up to some great news! Kanto starters get mega-evolutions, AND you get access to one of them during the story of X and Y? Nice!

Also, we have a way to transfer Pokemon from Gen V over to this new gen? That's tremendous! I'm eager for more details, if any other details are needed.

We're close to one month away before X and Y hits store shelves, and now that transferring is confirmed, the only thing I need to know now is version exclusive Pokemon.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? People think MegaCharizard won't be used when he has Drought and the only other non-Ubers Drought user is Ninetales? wut

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, what? People think MegaCharizard won't be used when he has Drought and the only other non-Ubers Drought user is Ninetales? wut

Stealth Rock will totally wreck Charizard down to 1/2 health before he has a chance to Mega Evolve. Plus, Stealth Rock is getting a Mega Evolution too, Mega Stealth Rock.

I laughed how in the video Ishihara talked about Charizard being the strongest evolution of the strongest Pokemon...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Stealth Rock will totally wreck Charizard down to 1/2 health before he has a chance to Mega Evolve.

I laughed how in the video Ishihara talked about Charizard being the strongest evolution of the strongest Pokemon...

People use Volcarona despite Stealth Rock, and Volcarona isn't packing Drought.

Aggrotek

Stealth Rock will totally wreck Charizard down to 1/2 health before he has a chance to Mega Evolve. Plus, Stealth Rock is getting a Mega Evolution too, Mega Stealth Rock.

Not if you lead with it. It has drought. That makes him lead material.

Boss Doggie

Not if you lead with it. It has drought. That makes him lead material.

Not necessarily. A leading Charizard is sending it to the death trap because everyone and their mother carries Stone Edge or Rockslide, hell even Thunder. And this Megazard lacks a held item to keep itself alive.

blamite

Random Pokemon question: if a Pokemon is already at level 100 with no EVs (any of the level 100 promos, basically), would gaining EVs from battles actually have any effect on it's stats? I would a assume no, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

Also: ugh I have to finish White version so I can bring my guys from Pearl/HeartGold up to X. Such a pain.

Boss Doggie

Why does Magnezone suddenly has gender?

Random Pokemon question: if a Pokemon is already at level 100 with no EVs (any of the level 100 promos, basically), would gaining EVs from battles actually have any effect on it's stats? I would a assume no, but I figured I'd ask here anyway.

Also: ugh I have to finish White version so I can bring my guys from Pearl/HeartGold up to X. Such a pain.

Depends on generation.

Nothing happens pre Gen-V, but Gen V fixes it by letting you alter EVs even on a level 100 mon since stat updates happens after battle rather than level up. So yeah, you can EV train Arceus now.

Top Bottom