• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I don't think it can kick anything with those tiny legs.

It's a tank, it doesn't need to kick.
tumblr_msmbkloB6w1r8nvquo1_500.jpg

DaBoss

Yea, Mega Blastoise is badass.

And Mega Stoutland would give whoever has the longest and most elegent beard a run for their money. :p

Mega Eevee is Sylveon.

AKA qq moe

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So does Mega Blastoise really not use any of his cannons? A friend at work mentioned that even though he's got 3 cannons, he still uses his mouth.

Eh, go blame the effect of Pokemon being able to use multiple moves.

But yeah I wish it used the cannons. Maybe it's only like that for Hydro Cannon.

-Horizon-

what would a Mega Eevee be like

scratch that

what would a Mega Stoutland be like?!

Precisely why it looks so BADASSSSSS

It has a mustache that changes with weather conditions and seasonal changes.

Yea, Mega Blastoise is badass.

And Mega Stoutland would give whoever has the longest and most elegent beard a run for their money. :p

Mega Eevee is Sylveon.

AKA qq moe

Heh

CorvoSol

PokeGAF, a question: Anybody know a good RNG for insuring a shiny Charmander in Fire Red version? I kinda want a legit one, but I don't want to spend like all my life trying to get one the hard way.

Firestorm

PokeGAF, a question: Anybody know a good RNG for insuring a shiny Charmander in Fire Red version? I kinda want a legit one, but I don't want to spend like all my life trying to get one the hard way.
Any reason you want it in FireRed? I believe they made RNGing much, much easier in BW.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's gonna be some toy set in Japan with Team Rocket Pokemon, it, along with a poster I saw advertising XY toys, seems to imply that Wobbuffet is going to return!

Also Team Rocket get an Inkay.

I so hope Team Rocket return to greatness after the RINO of Best Wishes, I really liked the direction they moved in Diamond and Pearl where they actually won some Contests and teamed up with Looker and helped take down Galactic. Fuck people who want them to be "serious", they were boring as hell.

backlot

I was just planning on playing through the series from FireRed onward is all.

I'm not really sure how well FireRed can be RNG'd. At the very least I'm pretty sure you'd need to know your secret ID which would be difficult to get without an Action Replay or some such device. You really would be better off getting one in B/W.

Quest1

I'm debating hard on whether or not to leave whatever Kanto starter I end up choosing/Charmander in the box and go all new on my first playthrough. But bringing along Charmander in 3D in a new region fulfills all kinds of childhood fantasies... I'm kinda glad pokemon bank isn't gonna be available day one either. I want to flesh out the new stuff before hand. Unless, MegaArcanine...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I dunno how Super Robot Wars plays, but that video didn't look very different from stuff like Fire Emblem and Pokemon Conquest.
How would it be different from Pokemon Conquest.

The game is hacked/bootlegged so it stripped features.

In SRW a unit varies in attacks, and each attack has different properties (attack power, post-movement, status infliction, ranged/melee, if it is a beam type or not, if it uses ammo or energy or none at all, and its terrain ranking). Also attacks happen in cutscenes.

Like this.

Toxi

Banned
In speaking of BW2:

Roxie.png

Really really proud of how this turned out. Hope it animates very well.
Damn, that's sweet, especially the hair shading. Thanks!

Pokegaf can I just talk about how I proud I would be if froakey turns out to be a lanky looking speedster? I mean when you think about traits to exaggerate on frogs you tend to think of frogs that are already exaggerated, and most of those look fat and sloth like. The American bullfrog, the African bullfrog, the spade foot toads, tomato frogs, etc etc... But a lot of frog based designs go for fat and you do have some truely amazing and bizzare anurans to base it off of just look at the crucifix frog

But I have to give props if gamefreak foes in the opposite direction and gives lanky frogs some attention heck the hylidae family of frogs (tree frogs) has some truly great looking frogs and long frogs and when they perch themselves on a branch it almost looks like an assassin looming over the foe for a sneaky deathblow

Heck the beautiful rainbow toad is one of the few animals with the Lazarus taxon distinction and its super lanky. And boy it sure is beautiful!

Edit: having trouble finding a good image of the rainbow toad on my phone...
Anura has the right idea.

rainbow-toad.jpg

qq more

Agh. I seriously can't decide between getting the limited time Pokemon XL or just wait til Black Friday and get the regular XLs... 200 dollars...

Decisions decisions...

Damn, that's sweet, especially the hair shading. Thanks!

You're welcome! Feel free to request more! (I have nothing now)

Toxi

Banned
You're welcome! Feel free to request more! (I have nothing now)
How about Caitlin? I'm guessing that huge hair might make it interesting.
ee6e.gif

Holy shit I'm terrible at making gifs oh what the fuck it was transparent a second ago too

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Everything seems to be pointing to Froakie becoming a ninja, so I bet he'll stay slim.

Seil

How about Caitlin? I'm guessing that huge hair might make it interesting.
ee6e.gif

Holy shit I'm terrible at making gifs oh what the fuck it was transparent a second ago too

3gfKApY.gif
CMD2DFq.gif

I'd like to see Shauna or Prof. Sycamore in sprite form since we won't get the chance in the games.

qq more

3gfKApY.gif
CMD2DFq.gif

I'd like to see Shauna or Prof. Sycamore in sprite form since we won't get the chance in the games.
Thanks! That works beautifully!

You can request more than one, so I'll do both.

Request list
Caitlin
Dahlia
Shauna
Prof. Sycamore

Btw, Toxi, which Caitlin design do you have in mind? Gen 4 or 5?

It's more likely that he'll become Ebisumaru :p

ebisumaru.gif
Great, now I have the song from the start of the N64 game in my head :p.

And yeah, apparently Froakie has the highest speed stat of the starters so it'll probably stay lean. I'm on team Froakie now instead of Fennekin thanks to Charmander.

Considering trading in my 3DS and getting the red Pokemon XL. Hopefully transferring stuff isn't a pain in the butt...

Top Bottom