• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

qq more

I recently got an email from Amazon saying the X and Y strategy guide got pushed back to the 17th. Anyone know why?

That's weird. The game comes out on the 12th, doesn't it?

Yessssssss. :-D

5, since she has more ridiculous hair in that one.

Oh okay, I figured. Just wanted to be sure lol

Anyways... I sprited Sylveon. You meanies happy now? :( (Now to move on to the requests I wanted to do)

I don't even want an image of Sylveon being displayed directly in my posts!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16312377/POKEMON/Sylveon.png

Korosenai

Yup. I checked out the listing for the Strategy Guide this morning and it said the 17th. Rechecked it just now and now it says the 16th. Weird.

edit: They also put up a new listing for the Paperback copy. Looking at the picture, it looks like a normal sized guide (compared to the small 3DS guides Nintendo has been coming out with) and it's $11 more expensive than the Hardcover.

Anura

Oh okay, I figured. Just wanted to be sure lol

Anyways... I sprited Sylveon. You meanies happy now? :( (Now to move on to the requests I wanted to do)

I don't even want an image of Sylveon being displayed directly in my posts!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16312377/POKEMON/Sylveon.png

Can I get you some glasses? I think your irrational hatred of sylveon comes from a case of mistaken identity... You see that's flareon the Eeveelution that not even gamefreak likes

This is sylveon
600px-Sylveon.png

Or alternatively this would be just fine as well
D0cbcPx.jpg

Yup. I checked out the listing for the Strategy Guide this morning and it said the 17th. Rechecked it just now and now it says the 16th. Weird.

edit: They also put up a new listing for the Paperback copy. Looking at the picture, it looks like a normal sized guide (compared to the small 3DS guides Nintendo has been coming out with) and it's $11 more expensive than the Hardcover.

Maybe they want to keep the full 'Dex under wraps for the release?

qq more

Can I get you some glasses? I think your irrational hatred of sylveon comes from a case of mistaken identity... You see that's flareon the Eeveelution that not even gamefreak likes

This is sylveon

Or alternatively this would be just fine as well

Flareon just walked into the picture. Sylveon is there, I'm not sure what you're talking about!

woodland

Is anyone else interested in what it would be like if Pokemon was made by another company? I don't know much about devs and their individual styles, but what if Pokemon ended up being made by Rare, Platinum, or Double Fine at some point? What would it be like ;o

ffdgh

Is anyone else interested in what it would be like if Pokemon was made by another company? I don't know much about devs and their individual styles, but what if Pokemon ended up being made by Rare, Platinum, or Double Fine at some point? What would it be like ;o

Mico transactions for attacks, stats, Pokemon, items,... Post game content :D

Firestorm

Rare doesn't interest me in the least. Platinum... doesn't seem like their type of game. In for a Double Fine written game though.

-Horizon-

Puzzles and Dragons?

Rare: Environmental navigation becomes much more of a game mechanic. maybe still minimal plot?

Platinum... If they have the mandate to keep it turn-based we get the most intense "mario and luigi" style timed button combat ever. IDK if we get minimal plot or deliberately over-the-top plot. Or action game spinoff of course.

Double fine: They roll with the existing gameplay mechanics and emphasize story/scenario/writing more.

From software: All elite 4 teams are all legendaries. Champion has 6 arceuses with 6 diff plates.

and any time you lose a battle, you lose all your money and all your items :p

Actually more feasible: 12 on 6 double battle where you fight 2 opposing trainers with full teams.

EDIT: Oh goodness how could I forget nuzlocke. I've been watching my friend's lets-plays of a blue rom hack on nuzlocke rules cause I'd never do it to myself.... only let's play I actually follow cause of it.

Actually more feasible: 12 on 6 double battle where you fight 2 opposing trainers with full teams.

EDIT: Oh goodness how could I forget nuzlocke. I've been watching my friend's lets-plays of a blue rom hack on nuzlocke rules cause I'd never do it to myself.... only let's play I actually follow cause of it.

Nuzlocke challenges aren't all that hard as long as you play smart.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh wait, that was for next week.

I'm talking about this week, which said something new.

大好評の新企画、「ポケモン XY選手権」が再び開催! 今回は何と、ゴルゴ所長の母校におじゃまして、子どもたちと熱いゲーム対決を繰り広げるぞ。懐かしい同級生と再会して、ゴルゴ所長も大ハッスル!
そして、8月17日(土)・18日(日)に東京ビッグサイトで行われた「Pokémon Game Show」の模様も、お届けするよ。ロバートと来場者たちとのポケモンバトル、勝利するのは、果たしてどっちだ!?
ゲームフリーク森本さんと山本隊員による、『ポケットモンスター X・Y』の新ポケモンを使った、夢の師弟バトルも見逃せない!

Boss Doggie

Still can't believe Mega Blastoise is getting a shit ability.

Pulse is a misnomer. In Japan it's "wave" and it affects more than the four pulse moves (like Aura Sphere). Who's to say they aren't adding new stuff to Blastoise, or "flexing" the definition to include stuff like Hyper Beam or Ice Beam?

They both look like trees. THE END.

I would actually kinda like Orotto being a Sudowoodo evolution.

That wouldn't make sense though.

Also Sudowoodo is in it because you know, the joke that it likes to pretend that it's a tree.

Probably the Kanto starter Megas.

Probably... yeah. :/

We don't know if the ability is shitty, for all we know it will make pulse attacks do triple damage.

LOL
Pulse is a misnomer. In Japan it's "wave" and it affects more than the four pulse moves (like Aura Sphere). Who's to say they aren't adding new stuff to Blastoise, or "flexing" the definition to include stuff like Hyper Beam or Ice Beam?

Why would they go out of their way to already translate it to include Pulse, though? Zero faith in MB's ability being any good, or at least useful.

Boss Doggie

LOL
Why would they go out of their way to already translate it to include Pulse, though? Zero faith in MB's ability being any good, or at least useful.

I know its ability is kinda shitty, but I was simply going for the idea that "we only have 4 Pulse moves" when in the Japanese names there's probably a few more.

Top Bottom