• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I pray that we can trade before the first gym in these games, made challenges a nightmare in B/W and B/W2. Also, I'm going full Kalos for my first and probably second playthroughs so Fennekin for me.

Wilbur

Banned
Considering I already have Blastoise and Charizard, I'm gonna go Bulbasaur + Fennekin. Of course, that means.I can't fit in Torchic :/

Ah that's a point, aren't I able to get a Kanto starter in HG or Black? Need to make sure I do that and transfer it all over.

Hopefully, Gamefreak will include some feature that allows us to get the other Mega Evolution Stones so we won't be stuck with just our starter.

qq more

Definitely going to double down on the fire-starters

How are you guys passing the time? X&Y is so far away...

X&Y feels too close to me but that might be just because I can wait another few months... I have so many games I want to beat.

I'll have to get it Day 1 since one of my friends is challenging me as a rival.

TrueBlue

Ah that's a point, aren't I able to get a Kanto starter in HG or Black? Need to make sure I do that and transfer it all over.

In HeartGold you can get both a Kanto and Hoenm starter after beating Red. I got Treecko and Charmander, and my Squirtle was from an earlier trade.

It feels so odd talking to you when you're not in Football-GAF mode lol

Caladrius

I'm trying to finish the compendium in SMT IV.(wretched fiends) and attempting to breed some Shiny pokemon, all that alongside schoolwork and I'm going to have no trouble waiting.

We've only got 5 weeks to go! To think it's already been 8 months. I hope the games live up to the insanity that the prerelease period has been.

Fire Starters are my favorite so I'm going triple down with Fennekin, Torchic and Charmander. I've got all the other starters and each stage of their evo on White...was a little challenge of mine. So it doesn't make much sense for me to choose another; i'd rather go with a Pokemon I like.

Pokemon Rumble U is a great time sink to not think about XY. It's actually pretty fun. I was planning on getting my boxes and Pokemon together to see what I actually want to trade up in December. I remember spending a lot of time getting boxes together on Ruby, Emerald and LeafGreen for when Diamond came out. Seems such a short amount of time has passed.

Does the Dialga distribution go through Sunday or Saturday?
Dialga distro goes til Sunday. Not sure when it ends, probably closing time. Monday is when Palkia distro starts.

For those of you in UK/Australia/Canada I think the event goes till the 12th if I'm not mistaken. Then the 13th is when Palkia event starts.

ffdgh

I swear one day I will get my revenge on all of you who has wronged me!

revenge.png

First-ever gen 5 playthrough.Beat the elite 4 and busy reeling at the level gap for the post-game content. Also gotta transfer my everything up from gen 3 onward.

Also, there's some pretty obvious differences with the Vivillion sprites that are on the PokeBank page.

vk0KsWI.png

Kind of cool. Maybe an alternate form? Shiny version? That'd be pretty funny if the shiny version was all black and white. More like a QR code, which is what Vivillion reminds me of.

Also, there's some pretty obvious differences with the Vivillion sprites that are on the PokeBank page.

vk0KsWI.png

Kind of cool. Maybe an alternate form? Shiny version? That'd be pretty funny if the shiny version was all black and white. More like a QR code, which is what Vivillion reminds me of.

I'd say either shiny or gender difference.

DaBoss

vk0KsWI.png

Nice find.

Currently passing the time for X & Y with Pokemon Black trying to get all the Unova Pokemon, and trying to dive back in to New Leaf. Come September 17th, I am getting GTA V and Rayman Legends, so my hands will be full until then.

So what is everyone here doing, buying x, Y, or both? I am getting Pokemon X on Day One, Pokemon Y probably around Black Friday/Christmas so it should be cool.

Currently passing the time for X & Y with Pokemon Black trying to get all the Unova Pokemon, and trying to dive back in to New Leaf. Come September 17th, I am getting GTA V and Rayman Legends, so my hands will be full until then.

So what is everyone here doing, buying x, Y, or both? I am getting Pokemon X on Day One, Pokemon Y probably around Black Friday/Christmas so it should be cool.

I haven't decided because they haven't announced enough of the version exclusives.

ffdgh

Going digital at midnight for X :D

qq more

What if Sylveon is exclusive to Y?
If such a scenario happened then wouldn't that mean Eevee would be Y exclusive in that case too? It'd make me want that version even more since Eevee is one of my favorite Pokemon (Espeon is the best eeveelution yo).

also im not touching that cupcake. its poisoned i tell yas

and no im not sylveon go awayyyyy

why are ya'll bringing up sylveon every time i sprite?!

If such a scenario happened then wouldn't that mean Eevee would be Y exclusive in that case too? It'd make me want that version even more since Eevee is one of my favorite Pokemon (Espeon is the best eeveelution yo).

also im not touching that cupcake. its poisoned i tell yas

and no im not sylveon go awayyyyy

why are ya'll bringing up sylveon every time i sprite?!
tumblr_mqtfm6629Z1rh7w9co1_400.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So what's the post-game stuff to do in Black v2? I've already got kyurem and most of the legendaries available.

TrickRoom

Wow, attention to detail even at the mini-sprite level. These little things are always nice...

Seil

I saw this elsewhere and figured it's a possible gender difference. A screenshot showed a male Vivillon being the pink version. So I think it could be a case of the male being more colorful.

It could be a shiny version or an example of having multiple potential patterns, though.

Also, Caitlin is done:
Caitlinwalk.png

Xr4fCp1.gif

Top Bottom