• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Caladrius

And next week is also the last CoroCoro before XY... last stop on the hype train before it reaches its destination :)

ibtdJSZcq4brch.gif

I've been burned too much by hype trains already. I'm not getting on until that junker's fully certified..

Just thinking out loud here: I feel like Mega Pokemon are going to be too complicated to sort in conventional tiers so we're going to end up with two separate branches. Keep in mind I haven't been familiar with the competitive scene since Gen IV:

Standard
-NU
-UU
-BL
-OU
-Ubers

Mega
-MUU
-MOU
-MUB (ubers)

And while there will definitely be some overlap, I think there's going to be some weird venn diagram shit where they've gotta mix and match your Mega with the remainder of your team to see how competitively viable it would be.

I think it's likely we can expect a lot from this Coro Coro, yeah. The last Coro Coro revealed something like 15 Pokémon, starter evos included.

You're going on a blackout as soon as it leaks, yeah?

I want to do the same, but I also really wanna see the starter evos T^T

I'm almost the opposite. I really hope they don't show the starter evolutions, and want to go on a blackout just in case, but the hype keeps me coming back...

Pretty sweet. dat blotting everything out

ODOj2eu.png

I'd imagine though..we should be getting CoroCoro scans soon, right? It'd make sense if they'd have the new form revealed in that first with Smash showing it after. Since, different markets and all?

Firestorm

Guys I'm joking. It's not confirmed it has multiscale. Just wanted to show the pictures :p Though all signs point to it having something like that because of that video we all saw a while ago.

Edit: Yeah, it gets Cute Charm but this could be its second ability.

Caladrius

That explains how it survived a Specs Politoad Hydro Pump.

Damn. I never thought I'd say this, but thank God for Stealth Rock; Multiscale would be really overpowered without entry hazards.

Shyamalan twist: Multiscale is buffed to work at any % above 66.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Second form just as PokeBeach's source said maybe?

Could have two compatible stones. Hope so, the current Mega Mewtwo still feels like a downgrade and is one of the few current designs I actually dislike. Wonder how the naming scheme will go then as so far all Megas have just been called Mega Whatever. If there are two Mega Mewtwo how do they distinguish between the two. X and Y maybe.

Perhaps.

They also mentioned that they'll detail Pokémon evolution while a screen of Akiyama showing the starters existed, too.

Sorry, Joe. I'm just a bit confused by this.

Did they mention that they'll be discussing Pokémon evolution in general, or did it seem like they'll be divulging specific information on the starters' evos?

Fireblend

Banned
So this might be off topic, but I was talking about Pokemon in general with my brother and the question came up: How is GameFreak related to The Pokemon Company? A quick review of their wiki articles didn't really explain it. Does GameFreak has free reign over the Pokemon game franchise, or do The Pokemon Company get some say on what goes in the games? Or is The Pokemon Company more of a legal team?

Caladrius

Megallade and Megardevoir would be insane.

Wouldn't Mega Gallade essentially turn Pokemon into Vanquish, though?

Maybe.

I was thinking something closer to a proper gladiator with PSIONIC ARMOR AND FOREARM MOUNTED PSYCHIC SHIELDS. And actually competitive speed.

You have your hopeless dreams let me have mine.

Firestorm

So this might be off topic, but I was talking about Pokemon in general with my brother and the question came up: How is GameFreak related to The Pokemon Company? A quick review of their wiki articles didn't really explain it. Does GameFreak has free reign over the Pokemon game franchise, or do The Pokemon Company get some say on what goes in the games? Or is The Pokemon Company more of a legal team?
Game Freak handles development of the game. They have some interaction with TPCi (for example, the Organized Play / Play! Pokemon division had a lot of input into the Battle Box system that BW use), but the game is basically all Game Freak. I would say Nintendo Co. Ltd. would have more input than TPCi does.

TPCi handles the licensing of the franchise and does a lot of the marketing work. They also coordinate with the distributors worldwide.

Pokemon is one of the most complicated franchises in gaming history x.x

Game Freak handles development of the game. They have some interaction with TPCi (for example, the Organized Play / Play! Pokemon division had a lot of input into the Battle Box system that BW use), but the game is basically all Game Freak. I would say Nintendo Co. Ltd. would have more input than TPCi does.

TPCi handles the licensing of the franchise and does a lot of the marketing work. They also coordinate with the distributors worldwide.

Pokemon is one of the most complicated franchises in gaming history x.x

Yeah but bulldozers full of money work better for headaches than asprin so they are fine with those complications.

I think I remember Serebii explained it on here a while ago. If I'm not mistaken:

There's Game Freak, Creatures Inc and then Nintendo, so it's like a 3 person partnership. Technically, Nintendo owns...Creatures? so they kind of have like a 2/3rds share of Pokemon.

I'm kind of fuzzy on the exact terms of how each things work. TPCi I'd imagine is part of Nintendo's doing.

I think I remember Serebii explained it on here a while ago. If I'm not mistaken:

There's Game Freak, Creatures Inc and then Nintendo, so it's like a 3 person partnership. Technically, Nintendo owns...Creatures? so they kind of have like a 2/3rds share of Pokemon.

I'm kind of fuzzy on the exact terms of how each things work. TPCi I'd imagine is part of Nintendo's doing.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't own Creatures, they own TPCi.

Apparently Coro-Coro is going to have a separate book for X and Y info.

I don't know whether to be excited about all the new info, or to start a blackout so that I don't get too spoiled...

Delio

Apparently Coro-Coro is going to have a separate book for X and Y info.

I don't know whether to be excited about all the new info, or to start a blackout so that I don't get too spoiled...

Lovely. I want to have as much info as I can before I start. Tbh I kinda just want to see Clauncher's evolution.

Top Bottom