• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I think the concept of looking at your shelf and seeing a game titled "Pokemon X" is just too radical to pass up.

image.php

God, I love that smile.

Also, there's some pretty obvious differences with the Vivillion sprites that are on the PokeBank page.

vk0KsWI.png

Kind of cool. Maybe an alternate form? Shiny version? That'd be pretty funny if the shiny version was all black and white. More like a QR code, which is what Vivillion reminds me of.
That's a Butterfree

No, it's not. The sprite is exactly the same as the Vivillon outside of coloring.

Plus Butterfree has large red eyes, its head is a single shade, and so on. It's vastly different.
I've seen a lot of Photoshops in my time and I can tell by the pixels.. that that is indeed a Butterfree. And it's evolving. So cute.

Macka

The PokeBeach rumour has turned out to be right about everything, so I guess that means Fairy is super effective against Dark? Man...that is going to suck. Dark doesn't need a nerf, it needs a boost! It also doesn't make much sense that the Xerneas/Yveltal matchup is so one-sided. Hopefully this was the one thing he's wrong about.

The PokeBeach rumour has turned out to be right about everything, so I guess that means Fairy is super effective against Dark? Man...that is going to suck. Dark doesn't need a nerf, it needs a boost! It also doesn't make much sense that the Xerneas/Yveltal matchup is so one-sided. Hopefully this was the one thing he's wrong about.

Well, there are one or two details that haven't quite panned out. You get your starter from Tierno, not Professor Patrice, you can ride more than just Gogoat, you have more than 2 rivals, and it seems unlikely that Mewtwo's going to have another form hidden, particularly now that we know that it's a Mega Evolution. The rest seems dead on, though.

I doubt it. Fairy's not NVE on Psychic like the rumour said it was, and Hydreigon survived a STAB Fairy attack from Gardevoir with yellow health in a trailer, something which would definitely not happen if Fairy was 4x effective against him.

I doubt it. Fairy's not NVE on Psychic like the rumour said it was, and Hydreigon survived a STAB Fairy attack from Gardevoir with yellow health in a trailer, something which would definitely not happen if Fairy was 4x effective against him.

Honestly, i believe the type matchups were indeed as the rumours said at one point and i think GF just tweaked it. That rumour is way, way too accurate at this point. Like someone just said GF prolly realized that dark didnt need another weakness. To add to this sentiment we did learn from the demo that fire resists fairy which was in the pokebeach rumours.

Edit: cant wait for the adjusted type chart. Im hoping for further tweaks as well like GF did going from gen I to gen II.

zroid

Banned
There isn't really any guarantee we won't be able to catch both legendaries in each game, is there? We got both Ho-oh and Lugia in GSC, after all. Plus if recent history is any indicator, if the other one is unavailable, we will get it through a distro event at some point.

qq more

There isn't really any guarantee we won't be able to catch both legendaries in each game, is there? We got both Ho-oh and Lugia in GSC, after all. Plus if recent history is any indicator, if the other one is unavailable, we will get the other one through a distro event at some point.

It's pretty much why I'm getting Y version just to be safe. Not a fan of the X legendary lol

todd360

Went to gamestop yesterday so my little sister could buy a 3ds xl (I have a launch model 3ds). Anyways I wanted to get that really cool timeline print by preordering both x and y and they didn't have the poster anymore :(. So i thought fine amazon it is. Then I realized that it comes out on a Saturday so amazon doesn't have release day shipping. So now I have to go back to gamestop to preorder anyways at some point. I refuse to get digital version due to lack of account system. I would really like to since I have that 30 dollar promotion credit but no account system no buy nintendo. Its 2013 wtf.

qq more

Finished Dahlia's sprite

Dahlia.png

EDIT: The sprite does not look good on the forum's dark theme. lol

EDIT2: Got rid of the transparent BG. (to whoever plans to make the GIF: bring back the transparency)

You know what's kind of sad about the worldwide release? It's not necessary to memorize the Japanese names of the pokemon. For the previous gens, I would have to get used to those Japanese names in order to understand who everyone was talking about. (To the point where it was sometimes hard to adjust to the English names) Now, everyone is just using their English names since they were revealed at the same time.

It feels like a little bit of the fun has been removed.
I'm super happy about the worldwide launch though, and definitely prefer it to the alternative.

PK Gaming

You know what's kind of sad about the worldwide release? It's not necessary to memorize the Japanese names of the pokemon. For the previous gens, I would have to get used to those Japanese names in order to understand who everyone was talking about. (To the point where it was sometimes hard to adjust to the English names) Now, everyone is just using their English names since they were revealed at the same time.

It feels like a little bit of the fun has been removed.
I'm super happy about the worldwide launch though, and definitely prefer it to the alternative.

Word.

I'm going to miss Rankurusu, Zuruzukin, Doryuuzu, Burungeru and my favorite, ONONOKUSU.

Firestorm

I'm happy that we don't have to go through that so I can avoid dealing with the annoying as shit people who insisted on using the Japanese names even after English release.

Delio

I'm happy that we don't have to go through that so I can avoid dealing with the annoying as shit people who insisted on using the Japanese names even after English release.

Boy was that highly annoying with the youtube battlers. I knew one that didnt want to get away from Conkeldurr's japanese name no matter what.

Toxi

Banned
Same.

I still see that shit on some discussion boards and it's obnoxious.

Firestorm

I want to make a decent Water deck, I have a very effective Electric deck, but I don't want to just have to use it all the time.

Thank you for the sites!
Do you play TCGO?
Yeah though I haven't been lately. I've been looking to change over to a shared account with some friends because I hate having to trade to get the cards I want. I'll need to start testing soon though because I found out my city's Regional Championship is actually going to be next month!

For Water, you want to create a Blastoise deck which is one of the strongest in the format right now. The problem is you'll want 3 Tropical Beach which is the priciest card in the game right now. Blastoise will be suporting Keldeo EX and Black Kyurem EX (Plasma Storm).

This is a fairly standard build that I believe would still work for the most part in the current format: http://www.sixprizes.com/2013/08/19/blastoise-used-bubble-33rd-place-worlds-report/

Yeah though I haven't been lately. I've been looking to change over to a shared account with some friends because I hate having to trade to get the cards I want. I'll need to start testing soon though because I found out my city's Regional Championship is actually going to be next month!

For Water, you want to create a Blastoise deck which is one of the strongest in the format right now. The problem is you'll want 3 Tropical Beach which is the priciest card in the game right now. Blastoise will be suporting Keldeo EX and Black Kyurem EX (Plasma Storm).

This is a fairly standard build that I believe would still work for the most part in the current format: http://www.sixprizes.com/2013/08/19/blastoise-used-bubble-33rd-place-worlds-report/

I have exactly 0 of those cards, lol.
I should add you! I have a few cards up for trade, love to see your binder o:

JoeM86

Good news.

We saw Super Training on Smash today, and after the mini-game, Sylveon's stat got increased and we saw this
smash91big.jpg

Numerical increases!

qq more

Super Training huh? It really sounds like they're putting a lot of new content into this game.

I'm waiting for VS Seeker to come back or a similar alternative.

Firestorm

Well Smash gives more weight to the rep that told my friend EVs (aka base stats) will be shown explicitly in XY. He also said IVs will stay hidden but present though so that's too bad. This is still a huge step forward though so I'm pretty glad. Good to see they found a way to introduce the bulk of the stat system in an easy to understand way to the masses.
I have exactly 0 of those cards, lol.
I should add you! I have a few cards up for trade, love to see your binder o:
You should at least work on getting the supporter / item cards as they can be used in every deck. I haven't really marked many of my cards for trade as I'm far too lazy =P The program really is a pain to use x.x I usually just use it to test because most of the leagues in my area are at times I usually can't make.

Top Bottom