• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

I think I'll work ahead and get this week's homework done tomorrow so that if the leak happens really early my grades don't tank due to being too hyped to get the work done.

I think I'll work ahead and get this week's homework done tomorrow so that if the leak happens really early my grades don't tank due to being too hyped to get the work done.

Same, I am going to do all my stuff at school this week because CoroCoro has to leak between Tuesday-Thursday, this and GTA V hype is going to kill me, like good lord.

ffdgh

Good news.

We saw Super Training on Smash today, and after the mini-game, Sylveon's stat got increased and we saw this
smash91big.jpg

Numerical increases!

I say yes! Hopefully it'll show Ev numbers gained after battles too.

qq more

I'll probably go on a media blackout. I wouldn't mind being spoiled bits and bits here, but I'd rather play the game and get introduced to things I've never heard about before. This is always the case with me on other Pokemon games.

I remember going into GSC completely blind, not knowing any of the Johto Pokemon, nor the region itself, etc... It blew my mind :lol

Are you guys going to spoiler tag things on the possible upcoming leaks? Just curious.

Caladrius

I haven't gone without spoilers since gen I.
(When I only watched the anime.)
I will...attempt to change that this time. Aside from asking a few key questions such as: is x,x, and x available pre E4; When do you fight the box legends, and who has Mega-evos?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
BTW no one notices Sylveon's base stats?

Seems to be like Umbreon except with SAtk at 110 rather than Def.

Essentially has a thick SDef. Holy shit!

blamite

I hope a good amount of clothing customization gets shown off before release, 'cause if I can't make the male trainer look like less of a looser (blue pants and a blue jacket, really?) I'll just pick the girl, and feel mildly weird about it.

Firestorm

Usually, yes. I do wish they wouldn't split it into two parts anymore, but then I remember how the Platinum guide was the size of a phone book, and I rethink that.
Well all I want is the Pokedex! Though if Veekun can update fast enough maybe I won't need it.

JoeM86

So, we've compared the Mega Evolution animation of previous and the one in Smash, and there's a brief shadow for a second in the new one that's different to that in the previous.

Edit: Oh, already been mentioned...but still :p

Second form just as PokeBeach's source said maybe?

Seems like it!

I mean ... there's no reason for them to cover up the MegaMewtwo we know. Plus he's been right about everything else and hasn't had anything proven false yet on things that have yet to be confirmed.

Anyway, if Mewtwo can have 2 megas then Pikachu better get one. No one likes that fat street rat it evolves into via Thunderstone and it's prefect for the anime!

Seems like it!

I mean ... there's no reason for them to cover up the MegaMewtwo we know. Plus he's been right about everything else and hasn't had anything proven false yet on things that have yet to be confirmed.

Anyway, if Mewtwo can have 2 megas then Pikachu better get one. No one likes that fat street rat it evolves into via Thunderstone and it's prefect for the anime!

The rumour did get wrong that psychic resists fairy. But that's the only thing I think.

Also, Pokemon Smash actually revealed something of interest? Whadda ya know.

JoeM86

Seems like it!

It's not just the fact that it's covered, it's that the one bit of it we see is totally different to Mewtwo's previous Mega Evolution animation

Qurupeke

I can't wait for CoroCoro...The leaks will be out this week. Fairy Chart, Mewtwo, XY Starter's evos, more Mega, more new Pokemon. :eek:

The first evos of the starters are a decent bet for this Coro Coro, yes. The last Coro Coro before Black and White launched featured Servine, Pignite and Dewott. It also featured a metric assload of new Pokémon on top of that, so, you know, get hype.

Actually, I was reading through some of the build-up to Black and White, and it kinda blows my mind how much more we knew about those games than we do about X and Y a month before release. I suppose X and Y have many more innovations and changes than Black and White that have been focused on instead, but we don't have even the vaguest idea about X and Y's progression or plot, and, Mega Evos aside, we don't know as many X and Y Pokémon either. They're playing their cards a lot closer to their chest this time around.

The first evos of the starters are a decent bet for this Coro Coro, yes. The last Coro Coro before Black and White launched featured Servine, Pignite and Dewott. It also featured a metric assload of new Pokémon on top of that, so, you know, get hype.

Actually, I was reading through some of the build-up to Black and White, and it kinda blows my mind how much more we knew about those games than we do about X and Y a month before release. I suppose X and Y have many more innovations and changes than Black and White that have been focused on instead, but we don't have even the vaguest idea about X and Y's progression or plot, and, Mega Evos aside, we don't know as many X and Y Pokémon either. They're playing their cards a lot closer to their chest this time around.

They revealed 21 Pokemon in the final CoroCoro for Black and White, however that CoroCoro came out a few days before the release, this CoroCoro is coming out about a month before X and Y. We may or may not get a blow out that big, but I think with that tease at the end of Smash we are almost definitely getting the first starter evolutions and the second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo.

ALM5252

Some fake boxarts I made.

I made these very quickly, but mainly because I was wondering that what if Pokemon didn't come out until now? What if Red, Blue, and Green were still the first games, but for 3DS? And with the way some people say that today's Pokemon are "over-designed, ugly, etc" what if the Mega Evolutions for Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise were the their normal formes?

EDIT: Or they are just back to basics remakes. :p

Also some old posed Pokemon I recolored to look kinda like Sugimori's art style now. Just for fun. Haha
Charmander was my laziest. And it shows. Haha

Boss Doggie

I disagree, some of them have weird proportions. Hell, I don't even like fatchu because it looked like a yellow Jigglypuff with ears and mouse face.

And that's just Pokemon. Let's not even go to his humans which looked like "manlets" with sharp chins, square clothing, and Toriyama-ripoff faces.

qq more

fatchu doesnt look a thing like jigglypuff

wtf

and i think most humans looked fine in the old style, not sure what's the problem there but w/e

Think I'll probably read the content of the leaks on here seeing as scans aren't allowed to be posted and if they sound like too much I'll avoid, but if now I'll check them out. Think a media blackout is necessary afterwards, very much looking forward to my first blindish run through since Ruby!

Boss Doggie

fatchu doesnt look a thing like jigglypuff

wtf

and i think most humans looked fine in the old style, not sure what's the problem there but w/e

Fatchu doesn't have a distinct head or body. It just looks like a mass of circle. Hell, even the anime corrected that very early on.

As for the humans they have this weird proportion of arms being longer than usual, their faces being too samey, and their chins being sharp as a pencil. It's to be expected as Sugimori is still finding his style, and by Gen 3 he got better with humans. Finally, no more manlets!

Boss Doggie is like a reverse Genwunner. I would not pay attention to his ramblings.

Wut. I just calls 'em what I sees them, without any hint of nostalgia or "newness". For instance I don't like the washed out coloring of pre-Gen 3 because they became inconsistent for designs due to the saturated colors. Since Gen 3 the coloring is much easier to see because of a more solid look. That is far a better perspective over stuff like "it's artsy".

I actually like Gen 3 human artstyle the most.

Why, PK? Why must you play with my heart like this?

Mega Scizor, Aggron, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Scrafty and Zoroark would make me beyond happy.

PK, my feels </3

But in all honesty, I could see a fair bit of those Pokemon getting Mega Evolutions, I think Scrafty would be awesome.

CoroCoro can not leak fast enough.

Busaiku

That fan chart is terrible anyways.
Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, and Garchomp, but not Hydreigon?

Mega Jirachi better be a thing now.

Top Bottom