• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Why, PK? Why must you play with my heart like this?

Mega Scizor, Aggron, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Scrafty and Zoroark would make me beyond happy.

All excellent choices along with Lapras, Xatu and Donphan. I'd rather already powerful pokes like Garchomp, Tyranitar & Metagross not get Megas when it provides an opportunity for others to be more usable. Only one I'd agree with is Genesect as it'd be a neat compliment to Mewtwo. I'd also love for the rest of the starters to get them, especially Serperior, Feraligatr and Samurott.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
tumblr_mssumpjphz1qfyz1jo1_500.jpg

It's a fake image, but goddamnit I wish it was real.

Damn. I wish it was real too. :(

Mega Scrafty gets a belt to keep his pants up and brushes his hair back so he finally looks like a respectable citizen.

Fairy/Fighting :eek:

If CoroCoro shows the starters you guys wont hear from me for a while. I will be out.

^This. This is the first time I'm going to have the chance to go into a Pokemon release without knowing what all of the Pokemon are, especially the starters. I want that moment of "Chespin is evolving..." to freak me out, while I wait in eager anticipation to find out what my bro will be evolving into.

DaBoss

Starter evos make it for me. I need to know the starter evos. Samurott has broken me along with Sceptile.

To be fair, Zebstrika has better potential for a Super Saiyan hairstyle.

Haha, that's true.

Because Carnivine has an awesome design and needs a mega evolution far more than Hydreigon or Bisharp.

I just find Carnivine so lame. I don't dislike it, but just think it is lame.

^This. This is the first time I'm going to have the chance to go into a Pokemon release without knowing what all of the Pokemon are, especially the starters. I want that moment of "Chespin is evolving..." to freak me out, while I wait in eager anticipation to find out what my bro will be evolving into.

This is exactly what I want. Still remember when a 7 year old me saw my Torchic evolve for the first time!
Majorly giving away how young I am there oops

qq more

I'm going to have to post-pone the Professor Sycamore sprite. His hair is a bit complicated and at the same time there isn't enough reference pics of him to help me pin down his hair design. His official artwork isn't enough because the angle doesn't make things clear enough. I'll do his sprite when the game comes out.

For now here's a compilation of every sprite thus far in GIF format. (Thanks to Ike, corrupted and Seil for the GIFs)

Red.gif
Leaf.gif
Koga.gif

Gold.gif
Claire.gif

Drake.gif

Dahlia.gif

Roxie.gif
Grimsley.gif
Caitlin.gif

Calem.gif
Serena.gif
Shauna.gif
Korrina.gif

I'm still taking requests.

Toxi

Banned
Bruno and Wattson, then. Wattson doesn't get enough love.

(I just realized that we've had an Electric gym in all five generations of Pokemon... Wow. And there is already another one confirmed for X and Y.)
If it doesn't involve ribbons, then it's not a sylveon gif!
There's a ribbon in the blood.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bruno and Wattson, then. Wattson doesn't get enough love.

(I just realized that we've had an Electric gym in all five generations of Pokemon... Wow. And there is already another one confirmed for X and Y.)
There's a ribbon in the blood.

I thought it was a head!

Drago

Everything would be better if it evolved into a Dark-type.

Everything.

Dark type designs are usually pretty great, so I think I'll have to agree.

I dunno what type has the most amount of personal favorites, now that I think about it. It's probably either Dark, Bug, or Flying. I can't decide. :(

Toxi

Banned
Speaking of horrifying, your avatar freaks me the f*ck out. Spiders are one of the three things in this earthly realm which scare me x_X
Wolf spiders are adorable. Their eyes will actually reflect light like a cat's eyes. The mothers will carry their babies around on their back a week after hatching. They're pretty harmless.

That's not a spider. It's only got four legs and four eyes, and the word "tick" is right in the name, for god's sake.
Joltik's primarily based on a tick, but the eye arrangement and body shape are very reminiscent of a Salticidae jumping spider.
250px-Phidippus_audax_male.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm kind of surprised we know so many Gym Leaders...4 in total, and I have a feeling we'll meet the rumored-by-Pokebeach Fairy Gym Leader of Lumiose City this month because I think that's a high candidate to travel with Ash since they usually have a Gym Leader, and I think promoting the new type through that way makes sense.

In Diamond and Pearl, we only knew Roark before release. With Black and White, only the Straighton Trio and Lenora...well, Iris too, but she wasn't confirmed to even be a game character till she popped up in a commercial, and I don't think we knew she was a Gym Leader till the instruction manual showing all the Gym Leaders leaked.

Toxi

Banned
It's kinda funny how overly serious Red is in all his sprites and art; the only art he's smiling in is the original Sugimori art. Guy doesn't seem like a lot of fun, especially with how everybody talks about him in GSC.

One of the nice things about looking at fanart is looking a variety of illustration styles I've rarely seen before.

ffdgh

It's kinda funny how overly serious Red is in all his sprites and art; the only art he's smiling in is the original Sugimori art. Guy doesn't seem like a lot of fun, especially with how everybody talks about him in GSC.

One of the nice things about looking at fanart is looking a variety of illustration styles I've rarely seen before.

What's the point of smiling when he killed blues raticate? ;(

Top Bottom