• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

pariah164

Electric-types can no longer be paralyzed

Words cannot describe how happy I am

5G5iw.gif
I adooooore that gif. P4 <3

Also, hell yeah that news. Will make it harder to catch electric types, but I'll deal with it.

Trey

Now remove HMs (make their functionality inherent to certain Pokemon, in the vein of Gogoat) and get the game to locked 60fps and you will have perfection, Gamefreak.

-Horizon-

Is qq here?

sept_p19_05_onvxd.jpg

lol

qq more used BFG9000!

It's super-effective!

Foe Sylveon blew up.

done

ohyou.jpg

Now remove HMs (make their functionality inherent to certain Pokemon, in the vein of Gogoat) and get the game to locked 60fps and you will have perfection, Gamefreak.

at least make them TMs so I can replace them with a different move whenever I want
its what happened with Flash

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lol

ohyou.jpg

at least make them TMs so I can replace them with a different move whenever I want
its what happened with Flash

This would be preferable. Or just make the HM's good movies in their own rights. Surf is already awesome, make Strength a fighting move, up Cut's power and make it dark, make Rock Climb rock, and so on. There's no reason for those moves to mostly be normal and low powered other than to make them not as useful in battle.

I love all of the new names, but I'm not quite getting the pun behind Frogadier. Is it supposed to stem from "Brigadier?" If so, it doesn't really make any sense as it's obviously some sort of thief and not a military officer. Its Japanese name referencing the Yakuza was a lot more relevant, IMO.

Anyway, I love all of the new names, but I'm not quite getting the pun behind Frogadier. Is it supposed to stem from "Brigadier?" If so, it doesn't really make any sense as it's obviously some sort of thief and not a military officer. Its Japanese name referencing the Yakuza was a lot more relevant, IMO.
I think they are trying to reference it 'moving up the ranks', so they translated it using different terminology. Just using thief/ninja terms would be a little difficult in that regard:

Froakie = rookie
Frogadier = brigadier

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
OH SHIT

T-REX POKEMON?! FUCK YES

Self-blackouts suck, don't they? :p

... I really should be doing it too....

But...

DINOOOOOOOOOOO. hope his stats are decent. If so, he's guaranteed a spot on my team despite weak Rock type. Rock/dragon seems like a decent offensive type, but a crappy defensive type.

qq more

Self-blackouts suck, don't they? :p

... I really should be doing it too....

But...

DINOOOOOOOOOOO. hope his stats are decent. If so, he's guaranteed a spot on my team despite weak Rock type. Rock/dragon seems like a decent offensive type, but a crappy defensive type.

Eh, not really! I usually play a new gen without knowing 75% of the stuff :)

Gen 2 was the only gen where I went in completely blind, not knowing literally everything but the name of the game. :lol

I asked before, but never got an answer. Is buying the guide to a Pokemon game actually beneficial? Is it worth the ~$15 for it?

The last game I bought a guide for was Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I absolutely loved it with how detailed they went with some loot/secret quest stuff, but does Pokemon really have as much hard-to-find things that I'll need a guide?

As I write this I am reminded of how much I missed in Black 2 playing without going through Black 1 or using a guide at all. So, should I take the dive and order one?

ffdgh

I asked before, but never got an answer. Is buying the guide to a Pokemon game actually beneficial? Is it worth the ~$15 for it?

The last game I bought a guide for was Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I absolutely loved it with how detailed they went with some loot/secret quest stuff, but does Pokemon really have as much hard-to-find things that I'll need a guide?

As I write this I am reminded of how much I missed in Black 2 playing without going through Black 1 or using a guide at all. So, should I take the dive and order one?

The Internet is your guide. Unless you want it just to have it, I'd say nay.

Toxi

Banned
I wouldn't use a guide, personally. The mechanics are simple enough that you usually don't need help, and it's more fun to not know what sort of teams or events are coming up in the main game.

If you want to know what sort of stuff you missed, there is always Serebii; the site has pages that show where the legendary Pokemon are, where strong post-game trainer battles are, how to get gym leader rematches, etc.

Official Dunsparce Community Thread: "It's like a poor-man's Togekiss"
Bah, the rich have no idea what they're missing!

Smiley90

The Internet is your guide. Unless you want it just to have it, I'd say nay.

How long does it usually take for marriland guides to go online after releases? Always loved their work. Helped me a lot with white 2.

ffdgh

Oh wait scratch that missed the x y part. No hacks to reveal every little detail in hours/days :p

Get the guide lol.

Oh and no idea

Smiley90

What's mildly irritating is that it's super easy to get a dual-type defensive chart that lists weaknesses/resistances, but that I just can't seem to be able to find a duel-type offensive chart that lists SE's/resistances to compare the offensive prowess of dual-types.

Or, optimally, a tool where I can put in a dual-type and it just shows me all defensive and offensive relationships. Is that really too much to ask?

Does anyone know of a chart/tool like that?

Toxi

Banned
I can't think of a single fossil Pokemon I don't like. The best part is how they use both famous and obscure extinct animals. I'm sure people know about T. rex and Triceratops, but I'm guessing not that many know what Anomalocaris or Archelon are.

ffdgh

Only lists single-type attacking Pokemon (At the top), I saw that one on my search :(

I guess it's a weird request since there are no dual-type attacks, but I wanna check STAB/attack coverage... Oh well.

Yeah that's too specific and i don't know if one exists lol. Sorry

Macka

Speaking of fossils, Archeops needs to be rid of defeatist. It didn't ever get a DW ability, right? Maybe it will get an okay one when it megavolves.

Stage On

Looking to pick up the strategy guide for Pokemon X & Pokemon Y. Mostly out of tradition then anything else.

Is their any major differences between the hardcover and softcover editions? A little annoyed the guide is going to be out AFTER the games though and not day 1 :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I love how Tyrunt is a spoiled brat who makes tantrums when it couldn't get what it wants... especially with its tiny arms!

Speaking of fossils, Archeops needs to be rid of defeatist. It didn't ever get a DW ability, right? Maybe it will get an okay one when it megavolves.

But even then Archeops rarely has a time where its defeatist takes over, since it's a glass cannon.

I didn't know 4 gym leaders had already been revealed. It's not marked as a new update on the website, so I guess I missed the corresponding news thread?

Yeah, you missed them. Alexa and Viola were first, then Clemont and the Rock gym guy, and then Korrina.

Top Bottom