• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Toxi

Banned
Speaking of fossils, Archeops needs to be rid of defeatist. It didn't ever get a DW ability, right? Maybe it will get an okay one when it megavolves.
The entire point of Archeops is that it's a glass cannon. You get amazing speed and offense stats, but one priority move will screw it over. Removing Defeatist would just make it OP.

What Archeops really needs is a useful priority move to out-priority priority users.

pariah164

Is qq here?

sept_p19_05_onvxd.jpg
Why does everyone hate on Sylveon? I think its adorable. :3

zroid

Banned
I hated it for about a day, until I learned to stop worrying and love the cuteness.

I loved it even more after they confirmed it was a new type.

qq more

Nah, lots of people don't like it. I personally think it looks adorable, though its eyes look evil.

The eyes were part of why I don't like it

and the face

and the flesh bows/ribbons are too weird

in fact i just don't like its design at all... it just doesn't feel like an eeveelution to me

The eyes were part of why I don't like it

and the face

and the flesh bows/ribbons are too weird

in fact i just don't like its design at all... it just doesn't feel like an eeveelution to me

Why assume it's flesh? Just assume they're accessories like Farfetch'd's leak or Machamp's belt.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So the rumored typings are Fire/Psychic witch for Fenekin. Water/Fighting Froakie and Dork Knight Chespin.

-Horizon-

This would be preferable. Or just make the HM's good movies in their own rights. Surf is already awesome, make Strength a fighting move, up Cut's power and make it dark, make Rock Climb rock, and so on. There's no reason for those moves to mostly be normal and low powered other than to make them not as useful in battle.

Never understood why strength wasn't a fighting move but rock smash was.

DaBoss

Playing Black 2 for the first time in a while (first time on the 3DS). What wireless security thing is usable? Is it really only WEP?

DaBoss

Wait a second, I think I'm being an idiot. So the game will use the 3DS's Wi-Fi settings? I don't set it up in the DS Wi-Fi settings within the 3DS right? Cause I've been trying on the DS Wi-Fi settings.

On a related note, the Internet settings music is awesome.

EDIT: Yup, I'm an idiot.

Wilbur

Banned
Does anyone know a good source for a bunch of high res png artwork for all the Pokemon? I've got an album on my phone with each one and its png so there's no background which I like, but some of them are poor resolution and then obviously some of the gen VI pokemon look great because its a high res picture

DaBoss

Does anyone know a good source for a bunch of high res png artwork for all the Pokemon? I've got an album on my phone with each one and its png so there's no background which I like, but some of them are poor resolution and then obviously some of the gen VI pokemon look great because its a high res picture

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=81620381&postcount=264

Joe posts them here. Not sure if his site has it in high-res too.

Wilbur

Banned
Cheers buddy.

Man I know I said it the other day but I'd love to see every Pokemon in the original watercolour artwork. It's lovely.

Dr. Buni

Gamefreak's Eeveelution Design Process

Step 1: Take the generic Eeveelution template

Step 2: Add color

Step 3: Add random shit that fits the type you want
Sounds accurate to me lol
Step 4: Turn Safesearch on whenever you type the Pokemon's name into Google
Also never search for Pokémon pictures on tumblr. Never.

-Horizon-

Ok so here's a random idea that came to me a few moments ago. If the idea has been talked about before, I apologize in advance.
I was looking through my games and saw Pokemon Conquest. I've said in a number of threads before "hey, Pokemon Conquest 2 would be pretty cool".

As I thought about it more today, I realized maybe it could work. So say Game Freak and Tecmo collaborated again on a sequel. Now I know Tecmo is known for their Ambition of Nobunaga games and whatnot but hear me out. What if Tecmo were to expand beyond just warlords in feudal Japan? What if to go along with the European themes in Pokemon X and Y, Tecmo wanted to incorporate the King Arthur legend? Yes, probably little chance of that happening but I think it could work in theory and yes I know the game is based on France. It might need some leaps and twists in the story to work out into an E rated Pokemon game as well but it could work.

Arthur could start out as a young character like the main character in Pokemon Conquest. It starts off similarly with the legend, he draws the sword, is made king and given a Pokemon as his vessel (let's say Eevee). But not many care that he drew a sword from a rock and he is only able to rule a small fraction of the land. The main goal could be for him to gather the greatest knights of the land to be a part of his court. He could challenge other knights and prove that they should follow him and be a part of his Round Table. Basically a similar setup with the original Pokemon Conquest but maybe with the 3DS, the battlefields will be more varied with more Pokemon and strategy involved.

Throw out the whole Guinevere and Lancelot schtick, that will keep it at an E rating (maybe lol). And rather than have Mordred as Arthur's son, make it his half brother or something who wants to defeat Arthur and rule the land himself. Xerneas can have an Excalibur like role, as a Pokemon that will aide Arthur once he proves himself to be able to lead as a king.
Yveltal, Pokemon of destruction who burns and destroys castles could work into the story. Main enemy Pokemon used by main antagonist maybe?
Rather than have Arthur die in endgame, twist the story a little, it doesn't have to follow 100% faithfully.

Well this is what I came up with. I probably forgot a couple of things and wasn't able to type them up, otherwise...yeah.

:3

qq more

Gamefreak's Eeveelution Design Process

Step 1: Take the generic Eeveelution template

Step 2: Add color

Step 3: Add random shit that fits the type you want

Step 4: Turn Safesearch on whenever you type the Pokemon's name into Google

D0cbcPx.jpg
D:

I really love this idea. Like, a lot.

Maybe if Fennekin's final form truly is a witch, then it could be the Pokémon of choice of Morgan LeFey! And maybe Merlin could use Xatu or Alakazam in order to aid in his prophecies! Ooh, and Sir Percival could use Quilladin or Farfetch'd in order to fit with his "Bumpkin Knight" aesthetic! Oh, and of course the Black Knight would have to use Honedge as his partner!

I'm sorry, but you've awakened my mythology nerd side.

Toxi

Banned
My nightmares are going to be filled with masturbating spiders.
Sounds accurate to me lol
Also never search for Pokémon pictures on tumblr. Never.
#galvantula

I really love this idea. Like, a lot.

Maybe if Fennekin's final form truly is a witch, then it could be the Pokémon of choice of Morgan LeFey! And maybe Merlin could use Xatu or Alakazam in order to aid in his prophecies! Ooh, and Sir Percival could use Quilladin or Farfetch'd in order to fit with his "Bumpkin Knight" aesthetic! Oh, and of course the Black Knight would have to use Honedge as his partner!

I'm sorry, but you've awakened my mythology nerd side.
Mismagius.png

Muzy72

Banned
I saw this on another forum:

Also, food for thought: if Chansey and Blissey become Normal/Fairy, they lose their Fighting weakness in exchange for becoming weak to Poison and Steel... but that's it. And they get actual resistances and an immunity to Dragon on top of that. Not sure if want.

I'm scared guize

Top Bottom