• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

qq more

Tyrunt is so cool. I hope his evolution's design turns out amazing. (I'm a bit worried they're going to overdo it, but we'll see)

Can anyone provide me a good Sylveon image to use as a base for a new avatar?

I DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS. OR MAYBE I'M JUST PARANOID. WHO KNOWS.

tumblr_mt4ocrCHGl1si5mm4o1_1280.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Mhmmm so apparently there's an announcement scheduled for Monday 8am Pacific? Any rumours as for what it's about? Maybe TCG stuff?

Sponge

Banned
Another successful MM shiny!

I hatched this one at 87 eggs. I've been pretty lucky lately considering my hunt for shiny Charmander took 1000 eggs.

G5Fwt7X.png

PK Gaming

So aren't you guys talking about Azumarill?

As a Water / Fairy it
-Has resistances against Water, Ice, Fire, Bug, Dark and Fighting moves
-Immunity to Dragon
-Is only weak against Electric, Grass and Poison (in other words, it gained a ton of resistances and a new STAB for a single weakness to a crappy offensive type, which is a pretty damn good trade off imo)
-The Pokemon that resist Fairy are hit for neutral or super effective by Water
-The Pokemon that resist Water are hit for neutral of super effective damage by Fairy

And it still has huge power on top of that. I'm pretty sure Azumarill is going to be amazing in gen VI.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So aren't you guys talking about Azumarill?

As a Water / Fairy it
-Has resistances against Water, Ice, Fire, Bug, Dark and Fighting moves
-Immunity to Dragon
-Is only weak against Electric, Grass and Poison (in other words, it gained a ton of resistances and a new STAB for a single weakness to a crappy offensive type, which is a pretty damn good trade off imo)
-The Pokemon that resist Fairy are hit for neutral or super effective by Water
-The Pokemon that resist Water are hit for neutral of super effective damage by Fairy

And it still has huge power on top of that. I'm pretty sure Azumarill is going to be amazing in gen VI.

I dunno about poison being crap attacking wise. Sludge Bomb and Poison Jab are going to be seeing a lot more use this next gen due to Fairy and both moves are pretty strong.

I have no doubt Azumarill is going to rock the house, but it's not exactly a powerhouse stats wise. It won't be able to do much without a scarf (that 50 base speed and only 80 for both defenses).

PK Gaming

I dunno about poison being crap attacking wise. Sludge Bomb and Poison Jab are going to be seeing a lot more use this next gen due to Fairy and both moves are pretty strong.

I have no doubt Azumarill is going to rock the house, but it's not exactly a powerhouse stats wise. It won't be able to do much without a scarf (that 50 base speed and only 80 for both defenses).

Even with its new advantage against Fairy, Poison still has to contend with it's limited distribution (not many non-poison types get poison moves) and the fact that it's resisted by 4 types, and completely useless against Steel (which is only going to get more common with fairies imo). I don't see existing Pokemon actually going out of their way to use Poison, but then again I could be wrong.

It's 100/80/80 defenses are actually pretty good with HP investment so ideally Azumarill would be played as a tank. (IE: Switching into a Pokemon that can't touch it, and attacking as said Pokemon switches out.) A Choice Scarf wouldn't actually do it any good since it can't actually outspeed Pokemon with >99 base Speed. (Not to mention its inability to switch attacks would make it easy for Pokemon to wall it)

Muzy72

Banned
so my cousin deleted my black save file with all my event pokemon... ;(

Does anyone have an extra 10th anniversary Mew and/or HGSS Celebi to donate to this poor soul?

Oh and the gen 5 event legies too [Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta]

Much appreciated <3

EDIT: I have a liberty pass in White so all is not lost! So just Celebi, Mew, Keldeo, and Meloetta are needed~

Top Bottom