• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

DaBoss

So I just had a random thought, what's your favourite kind of PokéBall?

My favourite is the Luxury Ball. It looks awesome, though it has the same catch rate as a PokéBall, but I still use it.

Even if that is the case, which I doubt, they won't be active until October 12.

There's lots of crap going round due to errors, but the game won't ship to retailers both brick&mortar and online until the days before October 12 and download cards won't work until October 11th at the earliest

They did it for MH4, so I think they would do it for Pokémon X/Y also.

FlockenToast

Neo Member

My favourite is the Luxury Ball. It looks awesome, though it has the same catch rate as a PokéBall, but I still use it.

Think my favorite pokeball of all time has gotta be the Premier Ball.

ffdgh

Dusk ball easily...then timer ball after 40 turns :p

RuBisCO

Neo Member
Premier Balls are my favourite.

I have bought normal Pokeballs, in 10s, by the hundreds, just to sell them back immediately.

Refyref

I love Premier balls, just because they're fancy Pokeballs with no special or unique features at all.

Usually, though, I try to catch Pokemon in Pokeballs if I can.

Refyref

Luxury Balls, filthy peasants.

z3RoWFq.png

Had to be done.

Seil

The Luxury Ball and Dusk Ball are my favorites. I love the design of the Dusk Ball and the effect when sending it out. The Luxury Ball finally grew on me in Gen V and I tried to capture every legendary in it.

I continue to wish we could choose the ball hatched Pokemon go into =/ That feature would blow almost everything else out of the water for me haha.

Gen III has some of the best Pokeball animations. The way the ball hits the ground and it explodes, and how it looks like the ball is actually moving when the trainer slides away. But I didn't like the Ultra Ball animation.

zroid

Banned
I really question how useful Wonder Trade will be, lol

probably gonna be a lot of people trading Rattata-equivalents for Pidgey-equivalents

only got a crit maybe once or twice ever

Critical Capture rates are tied partially to how many Pokémon are captured in your Pokédex. They can happen quite frequently after you've caught over 600 Pokémon.

I guess the reasoning is the more Pokémon you've caught, the more experience you have throwing Poké Balls.

-Horizon-

Critical Capture rates are tied partially to how many Pokémon are captured in your Pokédex. They can happen quite frequently after you've caught over 600 Pokémon.

I guess the reasoning is the more Pokémon you've caught, the more experience you have throwing Poké Balls.

This explains a lot, I usually stop worrying about building a collection after a while.

Firestorm

Considering this is a worldwide same day release and Masuda is currently on a media tour I'm sure the game has gone gold and is being printed. We are only a month off and review copies should be hitting the press in about 2 weeks. Retailers won't get copies until release week though. They are definitely the weakest link for leaks. Gotta minimize that window!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just realized Shiny Palkia distribution started this weekend (in Canada). Gotta go drop by EB again!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bah, none of them cite the origins of the word.

It came from the old Transformers name calling due to having a similar "my nostalgia!" argument. It was during the Beast Wars era. G1 fanboys would troll Beast Wars fans saying "TRUKK NOT MUNKEY" to which the BW fans would simply ignore them and call them as "GeeWunners".

Top Bottom